THST Board Meeting with THFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't have any issue with the statement. In fact I totally agree with it. It's when Kat and Martin start moaning on twitter about how hard done by they are. Yeah it's frustrating but if you're in that position then you have to expect stick and you can't go alienating fans by calling them out on twitter. It's unnecessary

It's when Kat and Martin start moaning on twitter about how hard done by they are. Yeah it's frustrating but if you're in that position then you have to expect stick and you can't go alienating fans by calling them out on twitter.

Can you elaborate on this, because I don't use twitter so have no idea what issue you're referring to, but want to know more.

I don't have any issue with the statement. In fact I totally agree with it. It's when Kat and Martin start moaning on twitter about how hard done by they are. Yeah it's frustrating but if you're in that position then you have to expect stick and you can't go alienating fans by calling them out on twitter. It's unnecessary
I honestly don't see the problem with a few less than ideal journeys. The reality is that A) the PL employs the players and managers it does making it the greatest competition in the world due to all the TV money. That TV money pours in because of how lucrative it is. Its lucrative because the weekends (and often while week) is chuck full of great matches. If all matches went back to Safurday afternoon it would be very damaging to the English game. Difficult journeys are a necessity for the money that's propelled the game forward.

B) less than ideal away trips probably open the opportunity for many more to experience away days than would otherwise be possible. If every trip was perfectly scheduled then you'd get the same 2,000 odd hardcore travellers at every away trip. It's hard enough as it is for many to break through and score away tickets for many matches. Sucks to be inconvenienced sometimes, no doubt, but it's not like the club has trouble shifting its allocation. That means there's nothing really wrong with the way things are....just a bunch of entitled geezers who have been at the top of the LP list for ages getting the hump because the PL, club, and Sky booked a match without checking their personal schedules first.

I honestly don't see the problem with a few less than ideal journeys. The reality is that A) the PL employs the players and managers it does making it the greatest competition in the world due to all the TV money. That TV money pours in because of how lucrative it is. Its lucrative because the weekends (and often while week) is chuck full of great matches. If all matches went back to Safurday afternoon it would be very damaging to the English game. Difficult journeys are a necessity for the money that's propelled the game forward.

B) less than ideal away trips probably open the opportunity for many more to experience away days than would otherwise be possible. If every trip was perfectly scheduled then you'd get the same 2,000 odd hardcore travellers at every away trip. It's hard enough as it is for many to break through and score away tickets for many matches. Sucks to be inconvenienced sometimes, no doubt, but it's not like the club has trouble shifting its allocation. That means there's nothing really wrong with the way things are....just a bunch of entitled geezers who have been at the top of the LP list for ages getting the hump because the PL, club, and Sky booked a match without checking their personal schedules first.
Well said.

I disagree with that somewhat.
They give up a huge amount of their personal time (which I certainly wouldn't do) on behalf of the THST and the fans they represent. Personally I think they do a pretty good job all told.
The amount of personal abuse they receive because of it is ludicrous. I know I would react negatively the same way that many posters on TFC do.

Some of the people they call out deserve it because, in a nutshell, they are morons.

I disagree with that somewhat.
They give up a huge amount of their personal time (which I certainly wouldn't do) on behalf of the THST and the fans they represent. Personally I think they do a pretty good job all told.
The amount of personal abuse they receive because of it is ludicrous. I know I would react negatively the same way that many posters on TFC do.

Some of the people they call out deserve it because, in a nutshell, they are morons.

If you're representing an organization I feel you should be big enough to rise above it. I do have sympathy for them though for all the reasons you said

Think some of you aren't seeing the bigger picture when it comes to games being moved for TV.

If Sky/BT etc think they can move games to whenever they want then be prepared for games at stupid times to suit the foreign markets or because they can. You'll be moaning then, e.g. stupid times on Christmas Eve or New Years Eve, Friday or Saturday evenings.

Have you seen the train ticket prices to Newcastle? All the cheap ones have gone as we've had to wait until TV decides what it wants to show. Do the people who have so ready dismissed the THST and its comments actually travel away? I bet you don't, it takes a hell of a lot of time and money. Until you've got up at a really early hour, paying silly money to get to an awkwardly timed away game then I think you should pipe down.

Think some of you aren't seeing the bigger picture when it comes to games being moved for TV.

If Sky/BT etc think they can move games to whenever they want then be prepared for games at stupid times to suit the foreign markets or because they can. You'll be moaning then, e.g. stupid times on Christmas Eve or New Years Eve, Friday or Saturday evenings.

Have you seen the train ticket prices to Newcastle? All the cheap ones have gone as we've had to wait until TV decides what it wants to show. Do the people who have so ready dismissed the THST and its comments actually travel away? I bet you don't, it takes a hell of a lot of time and money. Until you've got up at a really early hour, paying silly money to get to an awkwardly timed away game then I think you should pipe down.
I paid thousands to schedule travelling to London for Spam at Wembley last season, only to have the rug pulled from under me at a late juncture. So I feel I've got plenty of reason to speak to the tele rescheduling of matches.

But this is a different issue. You can't have your cake and eat it too - every season we hear many moan we need more matches at noon on Saturday cause its proper. Well, we've been scheduled away at noon on Saturday. Should the only noon Saturday matches be Tottenham home fixtures? That's ridiculous. And don't decry foreign markets and money for bank holiday matches- those matches are scheduled entirely for the convenience of UK viewership as no one else is celebrating your holidays. I know plenty who adore home matches on holidays - yet, if its away then Sky is ruining football. Well, someone has to play away for a fixture to be booked and sometimes its us.

As long as adequate time is provided to make arrangements then there's really no issue. Not everyone will be able to make every single match. That wouldn't change regardless of how you scheduled it. Now the shite that happened with that Spam fixture - that's where THST and others should focus their time and energy, ensuring that supporters are given the time and opportunity to realistically plan for a match. Not moaning because we're playing at an inconvenient time for Fat Dave months from now.

This is why a lot of people, and obviously the club, are fucking over the THST. Literally everything has to be an issue. They aren't a true ambassador for supporters to the club, they're simply serial moaners.

I paid thousands to schedule travelling to London for Spam at Wembley last season, only to have the rug pulled from under me at a late juncture. So I feel I've got plenty of reason to speak to the tele rescheduling of matches.

But this is a different issue. You can't have your cake and eat it too - every season we hear many moan we need more matches at noon on Saturday cause its proper. Well, we've been scheduled away at noon on Saturday. Should the only noon Saturday matches be Tottenham home fixtures? That's ridiculous. And don't decry foreign markets and money for bank holiday matches- those matches are scheduled entirely for the convenience of UK viewership as no one else is celebrating your holidays. I know plenty who adore home matches on holidays - yet, if its away then Sky is ruining football. Well, someone has to play away for a fixture to be booked and sometimes its us.

As long as adequate time is provided to make arrangements then there's really no issue. Not everyone will be able to make every single match. That wouldn't change regardless of how you scheduled it. Now the shite that happened with that Spam fixture - that's where THST and others should focus their time and energy, ensuring that supporters are given the time and opportunity to realistically plan for a match. Not moaning because we're playing at an inconvenient time for Fat Dave months from now.

This is why a lot of people, and obviously the club, are fucking over the THST. Literally everything has to be an issue. They aren't a true ambassador for supporters to the club, they're simply serial moaners.

I don't think people want Saturday noon home matches. I think you'll find people want 3.00pm Saturday kick offs. The traditional time for a reason.

every season we hear many moan we need more matches at noon on Saturday cause its proper

3pm on a Saturday is the traditional kick off time not 12pm. The timings of some of the bank holiday games are again traditional.

You really don't have a clue do you? The price of travel is eye-watering especially when it comes to using public transport, you either book early or be prepared to pay through the nose. They also have a habit of moving games to when there is no public transport available.

The complaints about Sky aren't solely about related to away games, people moan about the timings of home games and with justification.

I'm not a member of THST, I don't agree with everything they say but to label them serial moaners is bollocks.

The Trust are spot on.

Scheduling the furthest domestic away game for a 12.30 kick off, just so we can get it on TV. This means l'm out the door around 4.30am. Absolute nonsense. I'm sure you're also supposed to be advised no less than 6 weeks prior to kick-off. This didn't happen. The sheer disregard for that rule over last few season has cost me a fortune in increased rail fairs.

United away 8 o'clock on Bank Holiday Monday. Can't get there / can't get back. Unless you want to travel up early and spend on a hotel & then take annual leave on the Tuesday. Or you can drive to Manchester & back, stay sober, get in around 4.00am and have the shittest away day imaginable.

Watford. Engineering works. Fuck you is the attitude, you'll all manage to get there somehow. They also have Woolwich fans getting to Cardiff for a 1.30 kick off on a Sunday. It's nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom