THST Board Meeting with THFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the THST are the worst yes men on the planet. They ask a question and basically just accept whatever answer they are given and walk away.

Last edited:
What else can they really do.
Not just accept the answers given and continue to probe?

Look at the details of the Real Madrid Partnership, the method of signing players and the comments about BAE. They just accept what they are told. Where are the more difficult questions, like

1) Was the "special relationship" really just a soundbite to appease the fans?

2) Why does the Trust, when told how the manager doesn't pick the players he wants to sign, ask whether or not this has proven effective?

3) Why don't they ask why BAE isn't training with the squad and playing, when he's been a first team player in the past and could potentially do a job for us now?

Those were the three that immediately stood out to me while reading the minutes. But there are others as well. It gives the impression of a polite and jovial meeting where the Trust are too shit scared to put forward any difficult opposition in case Levy reduces their access to him.

"Stop being cunts and build the stadium you slack bastards!"

"Tell us the deal with BAE or stop paying him with our money you daft cunt."

"Tell us why it is too complicated to just pay off Archway... Don't just tell us it is you silly cunt"

"Tell us why Daniel Levy still holds a strong relationship with Madrid despite them cunting us off?"

Not just accept the answers given and continue to probe?

Look at the details of the Real Madrid Partnership, the method of signing players and the comments about BAE. They just accept what they are told. Where are the more difficult questions, like

1) Was the "special relationship" really just a soundbite to appease the fans?

2) Why does the Trust, when told how the manager doesn't pick the players he wants to sign, ask whether or not this has proven effective?

3) Why don't they ask why BAE isn't training with the squad and playing, when he's been a first team player in the past and could potentially do a job for us now?

Those were the three that immediately stood out to me while reading the minutes. But there are others as well. It gives the impression of a polite and jovial meeting where the Trust are too shit scared to put forward any difficult opposition in case Levy reduces their access to him.

They elaborated on the partnership with Madrid but admitted that so far it's been one sided.

With regards to the manager they did mention the structure in which they operate in regards to buying players and mentioned again that Pochetinno was just a head coach but had input in signing players. Poch would have been aware of this when coming to Tottenham.

"Tell us why it is too complicated to just pay off Archway... Don't just tell us it is you silly cunt"
I find this particularly perplexing. The club says in the minutes that it's not a case of just paying them off. Well, last month the owning Josif family said this....
"
It's getting rather nasty now. Some fans have taken it on themselves to phone us up and abuse us, and abuse our staff.

Some of the behaviour of fanatical Spurs fans towards us is animalistic, when we're just exercising our rights.

It's irrelevant whether we're Spurs fans or not now. This is our business, and it's where we make our money. Everybody keeps going on about whether we're Spurs fans or Woolwich fans.

We've got nothing against the football team. This business is our family's future.

People have been threatening us, we've had bomb threats, we've had people saying they'll come and get us at night. We've had people calling us greedy, and saying they hope my children are visiting food banks and starving.

The police are dealing with it. Nobody has yet come and said it to my face but it's a matter of time.

Someone has threatened to burn down our building. If you get a few idiots who want to be heroes - why should we have to go through that? My Dad has 14 grandchildren.

We're a big family and we live off the company. When people threaten our family, it's not nice."

Now, reading that you'd think that all they'd need was enough money to relocate their business, staff and facilities and there would be no problem.

Their grounds for challenging the CPO in court are

"
1. The authorisation of the CPO granted is not empowered to be granted under the relevant legislation, ie, that a decision has been reached that is ultra-vires, totally “irrational”, the inspector or minister has refused or neglected to take into account information they ought to have taken into account or, conversely, taken into account information they ought not to have taken into account.

2. Relevant requirements or regulations under the appropriate legislation have not been complied with and substantial prejudice has been caused."

In layman's terms, they say that the Secretary of State didn't have legal authority to make the CPO. Now, there is an advantage to delay, namely that a CPO expires after three years (and the Harigay Council one is already 29 months old). So what the club says about delay tactics does make sense. However the reference to the inspector's comments don't relate to the Archway business, but rather to area regeneration using public funds, so there is still no indication of what the Archway objection truly is and whether or not it could be rectified with a big enough offer. Maybe the Josif family just don't want to move because they have always had their family business and the principle is more important to them that what the claim in their statement, and therefore they will use any tactic to frustrate things. But then I read one particular article that claims this on behalf of the family....

"Archway is demanding a better deal involving a land-swap so that the business can continue to grow."

So, what do we believe? Is Levy treating this like a transfer deal? Why can't the Trust ask what the non-financial objections to the CPO are? Sounds to me that Levy could well be bullshitting on this and just isn't willing to consider big demands.

They elaborated on the partnership with Madrid but admitted that so far it's been one sided.

With regards to the manager they did mention the structure in which they operate in regards to buying players and mentioned again that Pochetinno was just a head coach but had input in signing players. Poch would have been aware of this when coming to Tottenham.
Welcome to the Yes Men club. :adesalute:

UTD6_Qva.gif

Oh and Mr "No" man. What exactly are you doing that allows you to belittle the THST. Posting on this forum is probably the extent of it. Get off your high horse mate.
Belittle the trust? :roflmao:

The trust claims to support the supporter, no? The clue is in the name. As a paying fan they purport to represent me. That's who I am, one of the many fans who they claim to stand for. Damn right I'll criticise them if I think they aren't asking probing enough questions of the club. I don't doubt the Trust's commitment to fans and desire for raising issues, but they've been content to be brushed off in this manner for a long time and then need to grow a pair because, in my opinion, they have consistently been largely ineffective for a good few seasons now.

Last edited:

"Tell us why Daniel Levy still holds a strong relationship with Madrid despite them cunting us off?"

You questions aren't blunt enough.

"No"
"No"
"No"
"Fuck off you northern cunt"

"THFC stated £180m net had been spent on players in the past 13 years, along with £110m on the NDP and £60m on the Training Centre. Once again it was underlined how critical the new stadium was to the future ambitions of the Club"

:adelol::levylol:

Can we get the Trust lady back on the podcast and ask her what Daniel's bell-end looks like? What a pointless read so far and I'm only up to #4

A whole lot of THST stated point X... THFC ingnores and brings up shiny point Y. THST nods and has another biscut

Back
Top Bottom