THST Board Meeting with THFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:paulinhofacepalm::levystare::levystare:
Uhh, how would you get a Freedom of Information request on a private company? Those are for governments, not negotiations between two businesses.

Or perhaps they don't want to do anything which had the potential of prejudicing the process against them? This isn't politics. There are no voters to appeal to. Only government bodies and judges, who may take a very dim view of such activity.

Why? If the CPO is necessary prior to construction starting, and the move is necessary for a year during construction, then delays in starting construction do not imply a longer stay at another ground. In particular, since the club pointed out this was a costly step on their part, they aren't going to want to extend the stay for longer than a single year.

The CPO was granted to Haringay Council - a public body. FoI would apply. Although, might be a restriction or two. Here for confirmation:

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/compulsory_purchase_order_-_ndp.pdf

A side point; according to CPO Bank of Cyprus hold a Mortage on Archways land.

Politics is "the practice and theory of influencing other people on a global, civic or individual level". It is not a term restricted to governance. However, throw in Haringay & Pickles etc then it is a Political process. However, on reflection I am now considering if this issue's rot is more in the hands of Haringay than ENIC & maybe expecting the Trust to force information from ENIC is the wrong approach. Heaven forbid. Maybe this is not actually all down to ENIC penny pinching ?

CPO - Google it if you don't beleive / understand me. CPO powers must be used within three years of the date of the press notice that a CPO has been confirmed. That press notice was first issued 28 months ago in this case. All Archway have to do is move the issue to Europen Courts next and they would most likely pass the 3 year expiry period ( which I think is 30 July 2015 )

Last edited:
Interesting that ENIC aren't too eager to sell. Reading between the lines, and the demands ENIC articulated when Cain Hoy showed up, Joe Lewis seems to be ok with a sale, providing a particular price is met, but Daniel really isn't. Read into that what you will.
Don't be so naive. Levy is not going to state that ENIC are interested in a sale for the right price, or open to offers, knowing full-well the contents of the meeting would be published.

:levywhoa: -- " Eriksen , good gwame"

:eriksenlol: " Thank boss!"

:levywtf: " bit chilly up there though, wasn't it?"

:eriksenserious: " I guess so"

:levystare: " Ever been to Madrid?"

:eriksenlip:

:levylol:
That is one the best posts I've seen on here! The use of pictures is magical.

Don't be so naive. Levy is not going to state that ENIC are interested in a sale for the right price, or open to offers, knowing full-well the contents of the meeting would be published.
He has done in other venues in the past. And when Cain Hoy made their bid Spurs were legally required to reply. One of the provisos which became public was that Levy's share wasn't for sale, and he'd need to remain chairman. Put that together with the response given to the Supporter's Trust and a picture emerges...

The CPO was granted to Haringay Council - a public body. FoI would apply. Although, might be a restriction or two. Here for confirmation:

You said:
"In regards to the ENIC / Archway issue that does not have much substance behind the minutes.......if THST were to request a full release of the "offers" made to Archway, under Freedom of Information Act, they might well get fuller information than the THST were able to achieve in the meeting forum."
Offers not made during the CPO process aren't going to come up under that FOI. Sorry if you mean only the CPO, but I took it to mean all the other offers and negotiations over the last 14 years.

Politics is "the practice and theory of influencing other people on a global, civic or individual level". It is not a term restricted to governance. However, throw in Haringay & Pickles etc then it is a Political process. However, on reflection I am now considering if this issue's rot is more in the hands of Haringay than ENIC & maybe expecting the Trust to force information from ENIC is the wrong approach. Heaven forbid. Maybe this is not actually all down to ENIC penny pinching ?

CPO - Google it if you don't beleive / understand me. CPO powers must be used within three years of the date of the press notice that a CPO has been confirmed. That press notice was first issued 28 months ago in this case. All Archway have to do is move the issue to Europen Courts next and they would most likely pass the 3 year expiry period ( which I think is 30 July 2015 )
Not saying I don't believe you, but as I said, leaking stuff can prejudice a process, and dictionary definitions of politics aren't really helpful to what we're talking about. Political parties leak stuff all the time, as do companies when attempting to lobby stuff. But this isn't really lobbying, and there isn't anything to be gained by leaking something publicly. They're going to want to convince the people making the decisions, and that means not annoying them in any way while doing so. Leaking stuff to put "perceived" pressure on the decision makers could backfire by cheesing them off. It wouldn't be the first time.

Can this get moved to European Courts? I really hope not, but we'll just have to see. Either way, I don't think that much blame can be ascribed to the club for following a legal process after apparently getting nowhere with previous negotiations.

I actually think the trust do a good job, They are not perfect but at least they are trying to get answers to questions we all want. They cant go in demanding answers, Shouting and kicking ankles if they did the club would stop the meeting, Also they are just a supporters group i doubt Levy would let them into the in and outs of any business deals and i wouldnt expect him to

The CPO can be extended in the event of disputed court proceedings IIRC otherwise businesses that have been CPO'd can all act like Archway and play for time....

I understand that a CPO is valid for 36 months only. As 29 months have already passed There is now only a small period of validity left for this CPO. If there is no settlement soon. The whole process starts all over again. Committing the club to more seasons in Milton Keynes.

The CPO still hasn't been granted....pretty sure that because we have technically already started building that the time clock would be irrelevant anyway

the intention to carry out the development is clear

The CPO still hasn't been granted....pretty sure that because we have technically already started building that the time clock would be irrelevant anyway

the intention to carry out the development is clear
The CPO was made over two years ago. It doesn't need to be "granted". It's the validity of the decision of the government to back Haringey's CPO that is being challenged.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ata/file/329823/140711Spurs_CPOLE_-_final.pdf

He has done in other venues in the past. And when Cain Hoy made their bid Spurs were legally required to reply. One of the provisos which became public was that Levy's share wasn't for sale, and he'd need to remain chairman. Put that together with the response given to the Supporter's Trust and a picture emerges...
I don't think Cain Hoy made a bid, did they? And it was Cain Hoy that legally had to confirm they were genuinely interested and going to make a bid, not we legally had to reply - if I recall correctly.

Just googled and can't find anything that suggests a bid was made...

I don't think Cain Hoy made a bid, did they? And it was Cain Hoy that legally had to confirm they were genuinely interested and going to make a bid, not we legally had to reply - if I recall correctly.

We had to declare a few things, legally when Cain Hoy made their interest known. I remember Spurs had to list all the outstanding shares, for example. But Levy has in the past said that the club is for sale, in the sense that they would consider offers if one was made. The comments to the Supporter's Trust re-affirm that.

I believe we have to declare it if there is any interest shown. I'm not sure that requires a firm bid....and I think we complied with our duties in that regard. Cain Hoy simply didn't go any further with their interest.

I believe we have to declare it if there is any interest shown. I'm not sure that requires a firm bid....and I think we complied with our duties in that regard. Cain Hoy simply didn't go any further with their interest.
So no bid was made then.

As I thought.

I'm interested in buying Spurs also. Fucking bank won't lend me a billion, selfish cunts.

Await Levy announce my interest and subsequent pullout.

Sounds promising...

"3. New stadium build and infrastructure
3.1 PH asked whether the stadium build was on schedule, noting that the roof was a little later than anticipated.
DL explained that the compression ring had been completed last weekend and the roof lift was scheduled to be completed in the next fortnight. Bad weather and high winds had caused the minor delay.
DL said the build was incredibly complex and it was impossible to give an exact date as to when the stadium would be completed. However, everyone is working towards being in the new stadium next season and would be extremely disappointed were this not the case.
Once the roof has been completed, there’s still a significant amount of technical work to do.

3.2 PH asked for contingency plans for any over run.
DL said that although a contingency plan was in place everyone was 100% focused on achieving the budgeted timescale. Certainly no talks had been held with Wembley over extending their residency and that there was no intention of activating any extension clause unless it was absolutely necessary.
DL stated he was confident, as far as was possible, that they would hit the build deadline.
Season ticket sales would open in the next few weeks.
DL thought it was likely they would request to play the first few matches of the 2018-19 season away from home. This had always been the case."

Back
Top Bottom