THST Board Meeting with THFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This appears that it was no forum for negotiation or pressing inquiry.

THST ask a question.
ENIC Answer with a stock reply.
Agenda moves on to next question.....

A Liberal approach will generates washy accountability, although ENIC are not accountable to anyone really but themselves....so that becomes a mute point

• Questions were raised by THST around THFC’s flag policy and, in particular, the removal of the #LevyOut protest banner at the Stoke City match. THFC stated this had caused disagreement amongst fans with contrary views who did not agree with the banner and had thus been removed. THST questioned this as a legitimate reason, drawing attention to protests articulated by other fans at other clubs without significant conflict breaking out and putting the view that fans had a right to express their opinions. THFC maintained its position that the guiding principle was removing anything which caused an issue in the stands
Fascist cunts.

• Questions were raised by THST around THFC’s flag policy and, in particular, the removal of the #LevyOut protest banner at the Stoke City match. THFC stated this had caused disagreement amongst fans with contrary views who did not agree with the banner and had thus been removed. THST questioned this as a legitimate reason, drawing attention to protests articulated by other fans at other clubs without significant conflict breaking out and putting the view that fans had a right to express their opinions. THFC maintained its position that the guiding principle was removing anything which caused an issue in the stands
Fascist cunts.
Fair play to the Trust for putting that awkward question. What a cop out response. Sickening.

Whilst some of the answers were frustrating, this is only the recorded minutes. No one knows what the tone of questioning was like and if any of the discussions got heated. Hopefully we can get Kat or martin back on to the pod soon to talk about what it was like in there.

Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon I'd suggest you become a full member of the trust for £10 and then you can vote on who you want to be on the executive committee or even run for it yourself if you're unhappy with how they are going about their business.

In my opinion, you can't just go in there screaming and shouting or the club will simply make these meetings less and less frequent. A certain level of diplomacy needs to take place. I think it's encouraging that levy himself was there and has acknowledged the lack of communication around various issues.

Our club is a dictatorship, do as you're told and keep buying products, sit down and be quiet and be prepared for 90 minutes of a bunch of foreign cunts who dont fucking care, Levy couldn't give a toss about us, which is what annoys the fuck out me

Belittle the trust? :roflmao:

The trust claims to support the supporter, no? The clue is in the name. As a paying fan they purport to represent me. That's who I am, one of the many fans who they claim to stand for. Damn right I'll criticise them if I think they aren't asking probing enough questions of the club. I don't doubt the Trust's commitment to fans and desire for raising issues, but they've been content to be brushed off in this manner for a long time and then need to grow a pair because, in my opinion, they have consistently been largely ineffective for a good few seasons now.
You do realise you can join up and have a chance to be the man asking the questions?

In regards to the ENIC / Archway issue that does not have much substance behind the minutes.......if THST were to request a full release of the "offers" made to Archway, under Freedom of Information Act, they might well get fuller information than the THST were able to achieve in the meeting forum. The fact they have not considered this more direct avenue for information suggests they don't want to challenge ENIC too much.

On the reverse, if Archway were really mugging off ENIC, why don't ENIC "leak" some documents to prove their point ? Standard in Politics and in some larger business to leak information when it benefits. Perhaps ENIC are not leaking information as really they are happy for this to drag on and on and to date they have not acted in a way that would show them in a positive light.

I understand that a CPO is valid for 36 months only. As 29 months have already passed There is now only a small period of validity left for this CPO. If there is no settlement soon. The whole process starts all over again. Committing the club to more seasons in Milton Keynes.

https://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/thstthfc-board-to-board-meeting-minutes

After reading this I'm not entirely sure if I have learnt anything or if anything will change. Seems like a lot of excuses and even more "under considerations" than anything.

What do the rest of you think?
I think we've learned a great deal, but only if people have been paying attention. A lot of assumptions made by certain people seem to at the very least be jumping the gun, if not outright false.

The club explains pretty well why we need a new stadium, and why a year away would be necessary, and thankfully Stadium MK isn't the only option on the table at this stage. The "it's all Baldini's fault" argument seems pretty incorrect as well, given that the coach has final choice. It rather looks though, that unfortunately StubHub is here to stay. That's a bit of a penny-wise, pound-foolish mistake there.

Interesting that ENIC aren't too eager to sell. Reading between the lines, and the demands ENIC articulated when Cain Hoy showed up, Joe Lewis seems to be ok with a sale, providing a particular price is met, but Daniel really isn't. Read into that what you will.

• DL maintained a good relationship with President Perez and this conversation may be reopened in the future
:lloris:

:paulinhofacepalm:

:levywhoa: -- " Eriksen , good gwame"

:eriksenlol: " Thank boss!"

:levywtf: " bit chilly up there though, wasn't it?"

:eriksenserious: " I guess so"

:levystare: " Ever been to Madrid?"

:eriksenlip:

:levylol:

In regards to the ENIC / Archway issue that does not have much substance behind the minutes.......if THST were to request a full release of the "offers" made to Archway, under Freedom of Information Act, they might well get fuller information than the THST were able to achieve in the meeting forum. The fact they have not considered this more direct avenue for information suggests they don't want to challenge ENIC too much.
Uhh, how would you get a Freedom of Information request on a private company? Those are for governments, not negotiations between two businesses.

On the reverse, if Archway were really mugging off ENIC, why don't ENIC "leak" some documents to prove their point ? Standard in Politics and in some larger business to leak information when it benefits. Perhaps ENIC are not leaking information as really they are happy for this to drag on and on and to date they have not acted in a way that would show them in a positive light.
Or perhaps they don't want to do anything which had the potential of prejudicing the process against them? This isn't politics. There are no voters to appeal to. Only government bodies and judges, who may take a very dim view of such activity.

I understand that a CPO is valid for 36 months only. As 29 months have already passed There is now only a small period of validity left for this CPO. If there is no settlement soon. The whole process starts all over again. Committing the club to more seasons in Milton Keynes.
Why? If the CPO is necessary prior to construction starting, and the move is necessary for a year during construction, then delays in starting construction do not imply a longer stay at another ground. In particular, since the club pointed out this was a costly step on their part, they aren't going to want to extend the stay for longer than a single year.

I think the THST are the worst yes men on the planet. They ask a question and basically just accept whatever answer they are given and walk away.

Stop moaning and do something positive if you don't agree with what the trust do.
Pay your 10 notes and put yourself for election to the board and you could be asking the questions.

But, of course, that would involve effort.

Back
Top Bottom