The Mighty Spurs - Etihad FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We all understand that it happens, but Soldado's inability up front to score goals is a constant theme since his arrival. And it was a 2-1 game at Etihad where a simple PK conversion and the outcome could be much much different. Oh btw, he cost the club 28 large. Soldado deserves every ounce of stick he gets. He makes massive wages and needs to perform. Simple
A simple PK conversion against WBA cost us too, and Adebayor is the highest paid player at the club.
I am amazed that nobody has noticed how City's first goal should not have stood. All these so called experts and none managed to notice that fat frank was offside, and seeing as he jumped out of the way of the shot, was interfering with play.
I think we were robbed yesterday. The first should not have stood, the second was a dive and, imo, their third was not a nailed on penalty or sending off.
1-1 would have been reasonable. As it stood, they could not score a legitimate goal until we were a man down.
I think the problem is that, okay, Soldado is a quality player. But he is the head of our attack and doesn't score goals. Is he Costa, Aguero, Sturridge, Rooney? No he isn't, so he isn't good enough. He needs to go, and soon. We need someone of the quality of those four
I have just said, we cannot afford them, or their wages. Unless one of our players turns into a Bale, Modric or Berbatov.
The players of the quality you just mentioned are destined for Chavs, City or Manure...that's the way it is. We missed the boat on Sturridge who I knew was going to be good when at Coventry. However, we had no chance of buying him from Chelsea
IMO soldado should play alongside another striker in the hole. However, that means leaving out either Eriksen or playing 442.
Soldado is a six yard box goalscorer, and we give very little service from pull backs or crosses into the box from wide. He is 50 times better at linking the play than Adebayor. Asking Soldado to run onto passes, beat the last man for speed and strength and bang one in from the edge of the box is asking a bit too much.
He is a technically superior, unselfish Defoe without the shot.
Yesterday I think was the perfect opportunity to take off Chadli, stick Eriksen out on the left and bring Soldado into the middle after bringing on Kane.

Last edited:
What annoyed me the most was only Kaboul, Eriksen and Lloris who came over to us fans at the end , after we had spend £100s following them a little bit of respect would of been nice

Knee jerks everywhere re: that penalty.
A promising performance from Soldado, and x100 better than anything I have seen from Adebayor this season.
Allows the 3 behind to be very fluid, which mind you, is supposed to be what Ade is meant to do with his 'hold up' play.
Soldado held up play AND was in the box for the cross.
Had he scored that penalty, I have a feeling everyone's view on him would be much different.
Been made a scapegoat for the defending of Kaboul and Rose.
I have really been enjoying Rose this season, though after that game looks like he needs another kick up the ass.
Give Davies a go, make Rose work for it again.

what a lot of melting cunts you lot are..
there's discussion and heated debate and then there's just the drivel I've been reading on here for the last 10 pages..
some of you make me disappointed to be spurs...
keyboard warriors, FM manager experts, armchair commentators and washed up park footballers..
pull your fucking heads in...

He is a technically superior, unselfish Defoe without the shot.
Yesterday I think was the perfect opportunity to take off Chadli, stick Eriksen out on the left and bring Soldado into the middle after bringing on Kane.

You wanted 2 up front when down to 10 men?

And since when has Eriksen and Rose been anything but a defensive clusterfuck against minnows, let alone City away?

You haven't thought this through. But I do think it paints a picture of how awkward including Soldado in the team is. If we want to include him, it means we have no spine. No spine and our paper thin wings is asking for cricket scores.

Soldado needs to leave. For his own careers sake and the fragile young team we have that has ridiculous potential.

It's a bummer but he has to go.

You wanted 2 up front when down to 10 men?

And since when has Eriksen and Rose been anything but a defensive clusterfuck against minnows, let alone City away?

You haven't thought this through. But I do think it paints a picture of how awkward including Soldado in the team is. If we want to include him, it means we have no spine. No spine and our paper thin wings is asking for cricket scores.

Soldado needs to leave. For his own careers sake and the fragile young team we have that has ridiculous potential.

It's a bummer but he has to go.
Thank fucking god that you're not our manager. Rose has been great this season until the past game. Eriksen has been one of our best performing players this season and probably our best outfield player last season. Soldado wasn't that bad. Yes he missed a penalty but he wasn't that bad. I'm not even trying to defend him but you saying he needs to leave based on that performance is just ridiculous. If worst comes to worst and he never plays again he's obviously a good presence to have in the locker room and it seems like everyone likes him. Having an experience player that is well liked, no matter how out of form, can't hurt this "fragile young team" because he's been successful most of his career.

You're an idiot. Everytime I come on here you're arguing the exact same thing with someone else. I think everyone would agree that this site would be so much better without you.

Thank fucking god that you're not our manager. Rose has been great this season until the past game. Eriksen has been one of our best performing players this season and probably our best outfield player last season. Soldado wasn't that bad. Yes he missed a penalty but he wasn't that bad. I'm not even trying to defend him but you saying he needs to leave based on that performance is just ridiculous. If worst comes to worst and he never plays again he's obviously a good presence to have in the locker room and it seems like everyone likes him. Having an experience player that is well liked, no matter how out of form, can't hurt this "fragile young team" because he's been successful most of his career.

You're an idiot. Everytime I come on here you're arguing the exact same thing with someone else. I think everyone would agree that this site would be so much better without you.

exactly..
navas running rings around rose is as much about how good navas is to how badly out of position rose was. still he put in that peach of a cross for bobby and made a goal saving slide tackle in the box late on, plus should have won a penalty...
besides Chelsea city have the best 11 and squad in the prem and are probably in the top 5-7 clubs in the world..nothing to be ashamed of...
I love how ppl on here when we lose 1-0 moan about that they rather we play with flair and lose than the oopposite..
well guess what that performance was exactly what the spurs ethos is all about and we almost came up trumps, so quit your fucking moaning and smell the roses...

Why did you bring up Eriksen? He's amazing. My point is Rose behind him is a disaster waiting to happen because neither can...Ah fuck it, it's fucking OBVIOUS and you just don't get it.

I think Rose and Soldado are the weak links. Not exactly outrageous.

Why would I change my tune with Soldado misfiring and Rose being in Liverpool mode?

If you want to talk about our manager, what has he done? Bar Rose, my team is set up almost identical to his main team this season.

He backed Ade, Capoue, Mason, Eriksen, Bentaleb, Kane, Lamela etc. He dropped players like Townsend and Lennon. And he brought in beasts. Steel.

So Poch hasn't sold Ade, Kaboul etc and brought in MS like you yanks were clamouring for. You didn't get your precious DLP and your striker and all the other grass is greener shit you pine for. I got my way.

Last edited:
Why did you bring up Eriksen? He's amazing. My point is Rose behind him is a disaster waiting to happen because neither can...Ah fuck it, it's fucking OBVIOUS and you just don't get it.

I think Rose and Soldado are the weak links. Not exactly outrageous.

Why would I change my tune with Soldaho misfiring and Rose being in Liverpool mode?

If you want to talk about our manager, what has he done? Bar Rose, my team is set up almost identical to his main team this season.

He backed Ade, Capoue, Mason, Eriksen, Bentaleb, Kane, Lamela etc. He dropped players like Townsend and Lennon. And he brought in beasts. Steel.

So Poch hasn't sold Ade, Kaboul etc and brought in MS like you yanks were clamouring for. You didn't get your precious DLP and your striker and all the other grass is greener shit you pine for. I got my way.
You said I don't get it but I have never said sell Kaboul, I have always said that Townsend and Lennon aren't good enough, I have said that selling Ade isn't worth it because we won't get enough money for him, Schneiderlin would have been nice but I'm not bent up about losing him, in fact, I've been saying that Mason has been great and is what we need to partner Capoue. I've always said that Chadli is a good player who deserved a chance, same with Capoue and Lamela, I've said I like Kane and that I wouldn't mind him getting a chance over Soldado and that both deserve a chance over Adebayor.

Regardless, I don't give a fuck if one of them proves me wrong. I'm happy Sherwood brought back Adebayor this past season and he did well because it helped the team. I'm happy Poch stuck by Kaboul when I thought he should be benched. I don't care about my predictions because in reality, I know fuck all compared to the pros and I just want this team to do well.

As for you, I'm sure you hope that players like Rose and Soldado fail just so you can say correct. When you're in an argument you just ignore mostly everything everyone says and pick out a single thing you don't like about someone's opinion and argue about it. Its goddamn annoying and ridiculous. Athough Sammy may have a few strong opinions like his Soldado and AVB one, he at least listens for the most part on other topics. You just blabber on and on and on about the same thing over and over again. Nobody cares what you have to say. Its a shame that cahspur is gone because of you because he at least brought insightful analysis and ideas. You just pollute this site with your ramblings. Everytime I come on here, which isn't as much as before because of schoolwork piling up, you are going at somebody for some minute detail that they add to a post. I would ignore you but if I did I'd miss half of this forum's posts because you have no life and take up half of this board. There's a reason that most of the people avoid you and its not just a coincidence. You're a cancer to this forum and probably a closet gooner. Say all you want about yanks, some of us are probably more spurs than you are.

I'm not a mod but if its true that they told cahspur to leave then

I'm not a mod but if its true that they told cahspur to leave then

I just cut down your posts to get to the real issue. You don't give a shit about what I think of Soldado. This is more of the Cahspur clique nonsense.

Just get back into the transfer thread and wish half our players away like you always do.

Sorry you didn't get all the signings you wanted. Pretty funny how the players I was defending daily ended up being made captain and vice captain. Your thank fuck Poch does not think like me is rich coming from the who's who of the grass is greener brigade.

I just cut down your posts to get to the real issue. You don't give a shit about what I think of Soldado. This is more of the Cahspur clique nonsense.

Just get back into the transfer thread and wish half our players away like you always do.

Sorry you didn't get all the signings you wanted. Pretty funny how the players I was defending daily ended up being made captain and vice captain. Your thank fuck Poch does not think like me is rich coming from the who's who of the grass is greener brigade.
Ah yes, picking one little piece of information just like I mentioned. This has nothing to do with cahspur, he's just an example of how you drive away quality posters. FWIW I think you're wrong about Soldado as well. Not to mention the fact that if I had to ship out players at this point it would be Lennon, Townsend, Naughton, and Paulinho, of which we agree on three of them if I remember correctly.

Like I said, I'm happy to be proven wrong and I'm glad we didn't get MS at this point because it has allowed Mason to get a chance to prove that he is quality. I'm happy we didn't get mustachio because Kaboul has shown that he can regain his old form.

Ah yes, picking one little piece of information just like I mentioned. This has nothing to do with cahspur, he's just an example of how you drive away quality posters. FWIW I think you're wrong about Soldado as well. Not to mention the fact that if I had to ship out players at this point it would be Lennon, Townsend, Naughton, and Paulinho, of which we agree on three of them if I remember correctly.

Like I said, I'm happy to be proven wrong and I'm glad we didn't get MS at this point because it has allowed Mason to get a chance to prove that he is quality. I'm happy we didn't get mustachio because Kaboul has shown that he can regain his old form.

You can stop talking about Cahspur if you like. Try it.

Kabouls form will dip, as will Jan and Fazio. Danny Rose or Naughton will make sure they have too much to do.

As soon as we remove the derp from our back line, we will see the great centerbacks dominate.

We will limp from one chaotic result to another with Rose. And Soldado compounds that aspect. Eriksen and Lamela have drawbacks. You can't pile on another player that can get steamrolled so easily like Soldado.

It's already happened btw.

You can stop talking about Cahspur if you like. Try it.

Kabouls form will dip, as will Jan and Fazio. Danny Rose or Naughton will make sure they have too much to do.

As soon as we remove the derp from our back line, we will see the great centerbacks dominate.

We will limp from one chaotic result to another with Rose. And Soldado compounds that aspect. Eriksen and Lamela have drawbacks. You can't pile on another player that can get steamrolled so easily like Soldado.

It's already happened btw.
Soldado is a striker and has nothing to do with getting steam rolled. You act as if throwing ade or Kane will stop us from getting thrashed.

I won't mention the centerback debate because you obviously made up your mind on rose despite better form. One bad game and you pounce. That's the thing with you. You have such strong opinions and you combine it with the stubbornness of 1000 goats. You throw your opinions in peoples faces without taking theirs into consideration. You could be an awesome person in real life but you come across as such a harsh and in your face person when discussing the game. It's exhausting to debate you because it's not even really a debate in the end.

I'm guessing you are replying to gibbon or arcwelder
don't give them the time of day, and they will eventually go - they need an audience and they need people to bite - if you starve them of oxygen they will wither away and die.

The alternative spurs board was set up to get away from these idiots, which is why the better posters are slowly fading away.

Back
Top Bottom