The Mighty Spurs - Etihad FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could the cunt Spurs supporters who can't see how well we've played today at City jog on and find another club to support please?

I hardly ever talk shit.

Idris-Elba.gif

Avoided the result all day as have been out but just finishe watching the full match on a re run.
Absolute vintage spurs.
The obvious danger man scoring a hatful and dominating the game? Check
Dodgy refereeing decisions against us? Check
A questionable red card with the game finely poised? Check
A great chance to get something from the game and turn the tide spurned by a normally reliable player? Check double check

Overall I was really pleased with the performance for an hour or so. They are a better team than us and we were missing two key defenders through injury/fatigue. Of course they should win the match. But aguero's two goals from open play were simply unstoppable. That's what having a rich oil sheik buys you and there's no comparison with what we have up front I'm afraid.

I really liked the look of our attack, even if lamela was weak today. Mason really encouraging. Every game he's pleasantly surprising me as if never had put him in today.

That ref was a fat old cunt who got almost every key decision completely wrong, our penalty included which I felt was outside of the box. Even aguero's first goal you had Lampard stood directly in front of lloris.

Anyone laying into the team today is a cock. They tried their hardest but got undone by a better team. Play as we did today in the next 4 very winnable league games and we could well see 12 points on the board.

Onwards and upwards

I think if we play like this every week we're top 4 contenders. Huge positives to be taken from today and no doubt I'll take a slating for this but Soldado has been really good. Not excellent, and his confidence will take a knock but his link up play has been great. Really good to see him trying hard in a difficult game

I'm proud of our team and if you want to be negative, fuck off. I'm delighted with our improvements in pressing and intensity.

Don't forget Soldado made our goal, set up Mason when he should have scored and fully earned the penalty we did get. He played really well given the circumstances, just a poor penalty in the negative column.

Don't get me wrong, he has to score that, but it doesn't make the rest of it go away, he had a good game and should start against Newcastle.

I really love Ade. I understand why he drives people a little bonkers, but overall, I think he has been treated very unfairly by a lot of Spurs supporters. With that said, Soldado has now gotten one PL start this year. And in that one start, I think it is pretty clear that he outperformed Ade in any of his six. Soldado really should start against New Castle.

I'm not gonna read through all the shit I assumed has been posted. I assume Sammy thinks Soldado was shit because he missed a penalty and didn't score. But offensively we played better today then for a while even though we only scored once. And I think that has to do with Bobert playing. Now if he could score we'd be a perennial top 4 team. But shit, we never do it the easy way anyway.

I'm hammered at noon for no reason now and just put some weed butter on toast. Today is going to be lovely, hope you can all enjoy the remainder of your day as well:adethumbup:

1 shot from open play
1 penalty miss

Cant blame the AMs now really

Why would anyone blame the AMs now? Soldado played a fantastic game. Shame about the penalty. But he had an assist, he got us a penalty, and he should've had an assist from the fantastic pass to Mason in the first half.

He also produced more quality as a link-up player in 90 minutes against City than Ade has done all season. Great one-touch layoffs to the AMs, where Ade would need four touches to control the ball, or more.

Soldado showed that he can be the guy we need up front. I just hope that penalty miss didn't fuck his entire own impression of his game up, and ruined his confidence again.

'Etihad FC'? Have you mugs forgotten how much you spent last season? You got absolutely outplayed (again). Is that 10 goals in 2 away games? Oh yeah. Soldado's a sack of shit, Lloris is the most overrated player I've ever seen in my life, and you'll forever be in little Woolwich's shadow.

Crawl back into your holes you pricks.

CTID

Oh, and while I'm at it, you don't concede 4 and deserve a point you fucking idiots.

Champions League? You're having a 'bubble' you dicks!!

Everyday I wake up thanking God I don't support City.

I'm tempted to stick with the same line-up as we had against Saints and ArseAnal, but ...
Maybe even though that CM of Mason and Capoue worked quite swell, I'll probably want to swap Mason for Stambouli, to give us that much needed steel we require against Yaya, etc.

Lloris
Dier - Kaboom - Verts - Rose
Capoue - Benji
Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli
Ade​

Last edited:
The whole Ade vs. Soldado side taking is so tiresome.

Remember last season after Soldado broke his drought against Cardiff from an Adebayor assist and Adebayor was calling the whole team over to make sure they came and celebrated with Soldado. Then in the celebration scrum he kept pointing to Soldado in front of crowd to underline how much it for Soldado to score. Also, after Adebayor raged back into the team last year Soldado never sulked and him and Ade formed a quality hard-working partnership for awhile.

Bottom line, they are teammates at our club and both clearly highly respected in the team judging by Adebayor's vice captainship and Sherwood's comments today about how much support Soldado has at the club. Slagging off one to raise the other up is asinine.

Not to say they shouldn't be criticized. I think Soldado really cost us today by missing that penalty and Adebayor has at best average this season. If we're being honest with ourselves, both of them need to massively improve and neither should be a guaranteed name on the team sheet based on current form. But the ideal situation would be that they both play well. By the looks of the board, twitter, etc I think there are plenty that would prefer only the one they've backed to come into form.

It's so stupid and petty. A goal from Adebayor or Soldado counts the same. They both play for our club.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom