The Mighty Spurs - Etihad FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Kaboul says 'No More Shame!'

Let's smash these twats

Alternatively - anything under 3 goals would be ideal, and as long as we play positively with intent and some sort of system.

Lloris, Eriksen, Lamela and few of their better mates

COYS

iI3F5VKpls72z.gif

iQwJ96EmZddOE.gif

8668708566_bfeb55141a_o_original.gif

manchester_city_fan_facing_the_prospectof_second_place.jpg

psg-fans-funny.jpg

zNpOp9i.gif

Premier League: Tottenham's Younes Kaboul relishing Manchester City test
Last Updated: 06/10/14 3:09pm

Captain Younes Kaboul is confident that Tottenham will not suffer another embarrassing defeat against Manchester City.

Manuel Pellegrini's men inflicted plenty of misery on Spurs last season, with the visitors enduring a 6-0 rout at the Etihad Stadium before a 5-1 hammering at White Hart Lane in the other Premier League meeting.

The north Londoners will face the defending champions again in a fortnight and Kaboul has urged his teammates to ready themselves for a more closely contested battle.

"What happened last season was last season," the Frenchman said. "In football the most important thing is the present and we look at the future. We look forward to this game.

"Football is football, you never know what can happen, but mentally and physically we have to be ready for this game."

The centre-back played a leading role as Tottenham recorded their first win in five Premier League outings with a hard-fought 1-0 victory over Southampton on Sunday.

He believes the players will head into the international break on a high and hopes to build on this result against City.

"When you lose, you learn, especially Man City or Man U or Chelsea," Kaboul said. "We look forward to this game.

"We've got two weeks to prepare. It was very important to win today because we've got a two-week break.

"Last time we didn't and it was hard. Today we won and it is very important because before the kick-off we were 12th, now we are sixth. We are very happy."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-younes-kaboul-relishing-manchester-city-test

Be interesting to see if Man City play Joe Hart after they started dropping him.

I am not sure we're going to be ready for the likes of Man City, seems a little too early in the project, I imagine we'll set up like we played against Woolwich after we scored, pressing high against these boys would be very high risk.

We need to stop Silva before we worry about anyone else. If he turns it on and we let him have space in between our defence and midfield we are in big trouble.

Hoping Poch knows/realises this and we play suitably. When we get the ball it has to be quick breaks like against Woolwich. Time to shine Erik....

We need to stop Silva before we worry about anyone else. If he turns it on and we let him have space in between our defence and midfield we are in big trouble.

Hoping Poch knows/realises this and we play suitably. When we get the ball it has to be quick breaks like against Woolwich. Time to shine Erik....
The positive thing is so far we've been good at taking play makers out of the game. Silva is on a different level of course but with our midfield getting better every single week with this pressing and harrying I don't think minimizing his impact will be our biggest challenge. I'm worried about balls into the box, sure Vertonghen and Kaboul have dealt superbly with them so far but they haven't faced anyone like Dzecko yet... And with Dzecko's record against us it does scare me.

And with Dzecko's record against us it does scare me.

I think Dawson had something to do with that (see City v Hull last week). Last season Silva cut us apart time and again, especially at WHL. He was easily their MOTM against Villa. Hopefully he plays a lot of minutes for Spain and doesn't come back fresh.

Another point, playing them straight after an international break might work in our favour. I imagine practically their whole squad will be away until next Wednesday/Thursday morning at least and we play them Saturday lunch time. (I know some of our players are away too...might affect our team selection for this game though). Hopefully it will be a fast start from us for a change and we won't be 1 down after 20 seconds like last season.

I'd like to say we have a chance, especially as most of us saw a spanking coming to us from Woolwich but were pleasantly surprised, then a decent win against a high flying Southampton. Still, I imagine if we do get anything from this game it'll be thanks to Lloris that we get a draw.

:llorisserious:

It is inevitable that you will lose matches in a season, but you want to see pride, passion and fight whilst going down. In all of our heavy defeats last year it looked like we had really thrown the towel in and were disinterested and that shit has to stop.

City are beatable, but do possess some dangerous players with tremendous quality, but so do we. It's about time they started showing it more regularly. COYS! After the shitty international break of course. :(

Premier League: Tottenham's Younes Kaboul relishing Manchester City test
Last Updated: 06/10/14 3:09pm

Captain Younes Kaboul is confident that Tottenham will not suffer another embarrassing defeat against Manchester City.

Manuel Pellegrini's men inflicted plenty of misery on Spurs last season, with the visitors enduring a 6-0 rout at the Etihad Stadium before a 5-1 hammering at White Hart Lane in the other Premier League meeting.

The north Londoners will face the defending champions again in a fortnight and Kaboul has urged his teammates to ready themselves for a more closely contested battle.

"What happened last season was last season," the Frenchman said. "In football the most important thing is the present and we look at the future. We look forward to this game.

"Football is football, you never know what can happen, but mentally and physically we have to be ready for this game."

The centre-back played a leading role as Tottenham recorded their first win in five Premier League outings with a hard-fought 1-0 victory over Southampton on Sunday.

He believes the players will head into the international break on a high and hopes to build on this result against City.

"When you lose, you learn, especially Man City or Man U or Chelsea," Kaboul said. "We look forward to this game.

"We've got two weeks to prepare. It was very important to win today because we've got a two-week break.

"Last time we didn't and it was hard. Today we won and it is very important because before the kick-off we were 12th, now we are sixth. We are very happy."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-younes-kaboul-relishing-manchester-city-test
Here we go again, a Tottenham player giving it large before a tough match.
Nothing wrong with confidence and a call to arms but keep that in- house and do the talking on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom