The Mighty Spurs - Etihad FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TIME TO THROW THINGS!

No wait, I must learn my lesson... Sprained my ankle last year because of the Kaboul red against Chelsea :pochfacepalm:

During the 3-2 West Ham game with the late Bale winner I threw my remote real hard after West Ham's goal to go up 2-1. It broke into about a thousand pieces and scared the shit out my roommates.

Pulled it out in the end though. :baletroll:

Soldado played well today. Anyone who slags him off for the miss penalty can sod off, it happens, it happened to Aguero... The referee was probably the worst I've seen this season. Fucking joke, every decision... Fat Franks cheating penalty, the offside goal.. Kaboul and Fazio as a pair is madness, both way too slow. Kaboul for me, will never be who he once was. He did well against Gooners but it's so clear with all his mistakes in 2014, all his "shortcuts" and bad decisions.. His body just cannot play on this level.

Other than that:
-Rose impressive throughout
-Soldado did well
-Mason has a great game, should def keep starting
-Townsend still very much a one trick pony
-Chadli too slow in his decisions today
-Dier did well

Overall a very very disappointing result when looking at the game until the red. We could have one this one.

We all understand that it happens, but Soldado's inability up front to score goals is a constant theme since his arrival. And it was a 2-1 game at Etihad where a simple PK conversion and the outcome could be much much different. Oh btw, he cost the club 28 large. Soldado deserves every ounce of stick he gets. He makes massive wages and needs to perform. Simple

During the 3-2 West Ham game with the late Bale winner I threw my remote real hard after West Ham's goal to go up 2-1. It broke into about a thousand pieces and scared the shit out my roommates.

Pulled it out in the end though. :baletroll:
Spurs make us do the craziest things :chadliblow:

Don't forget Soldado made our goal, set up Mason when he should have scored and fully earned the penalty we did get. He played really well given the circumstances, just a poor penalty in the negative column.

Don't get me wrong, he has to score that, but it doesn't make the rest of it go away, he had a good game and should start against Newcastle.

missed the match ffs but 4 penos and a straight red

was the ref a massive cunt?

looks like we were well in it until Fazios red

It was a wild end to end game. Any summary anyone gives won't do it justice. Great for the neutrals I'm sure.

Scoreline didn't reflect the match. Again Spurs show that they're weak mentally.

Shame Soldado didn't convert his penalty. His best match for us in a long long time. I like him much better as a link up option but he can't buy a goal.

what about the Fazio red was it justified?

It was a pen. He pulled Aguero down making an off ball run through the box. Does that qualify as stopping a clear cut scoring chance triggering a red card? Debatable IMO.

It was a pen. He pulled Aguero down making an off ball run through the box. Does that qualify as stopping a clear cut scoring chance triggering a red card? Debatable IMO.

The red card is absolute bullshit in my opinion, how can you assume that any runner off the ball has been denied a clear, goal scoring opportunity when the ball or the runner could've both ended up in different places is beyond me. There is more than one variable in play and it isn't a certain chance. Penalty yes, red card no.

Back
Top Bottom