The Mighty Spurs - Etihad FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finally saw the game on record last night

Thought we showed some positive signs overall and were undone by a world-class player. Onwards and upwards

COYS

Confidence
Confidence
Confidence.....
This needs to grow throughout the team ,then the rest will take care of itself.

I honestly believe we are not far off. With a point away to the Scum and beating Southampton at home two excellent results. Just need to believe?

Progression in the EL with a win will settle things a little.

COYS!!!!

I thought we play well, Mason missed an open goal to go ahead 1-0 that would have given us confidence and something to defend. Defending although typical Spurs needs to improve. How far is Walker off playing? Missing him big time.

Against the likes of City there often seem to be controversial moments we point to as bad luck afterwards. The constant underlying theme is the defence though. Kaboul isn't good enough, credit when he has a good game of course, e.g. the scum recently, but we need a better partner for Vertonghen. Dier clearly struggling at RB understandably, Naughton back soon but if the rumours about Walker are true then hopefully Yedlin is going to be the dogs/Fredericks steps up after Boro, but either of those is not going to be good enough for the top level for ages probably.

Mason is a great little addition to our midfield but I agreed with whoever it was that said we should have set up more solidly in midfield for this game.

Oh well, there were still encouraging signs, can't expect we're gonna do that well against City. It's just annoying that you'd bet on Palace or Hull to get a point there before you would on us.

I was impressed. I think they've done a party in an underground car park in Manchester(!) I know that Sasha/Digweed play for them which is usually a good sign. Garnier is a fantastic DJ. He used to share a flat with Sasha in the Hacienda days when they were both starting out. Have a good night.
Garnier was unreal last night mate, I wasn't expecting much from him but he smashed it, twice as good as Eats Everything who was the headliner. Most certainly made up for the football earlier!

It was a very good game by Soldado, good enough in my book, but how can you say it is as good as it gets? He hasn't had much time with the AMs out there, and hasn't gotten a real run with the team yet. I'd say it can get better, and it will if he's given a bit of time.

I agree that this was the best personelle and system for him. And it can't get any worse because his finishing is utterly diabolical. It's a sad joke at the moment.

First time I've seen Hugo get his positioning wrong, that first goal. He left too much of the goal as a target which is why Aguero went for it and he's good enough to do it.
The first penalty was an absolute joke.
Kaboul was crazy to dive in like that to conceed the second. But he's been good this season.
Mason looked really good.
Soft red card but it was a penalty.
Soldado missing his penalty was not good. I've backed him through his continuous dry spell, but if he cant even do the one thing we know he can do then there is something wrong. It was a crap penalty. We need someone with a bit more aggression up front.
We were a bit unlucky, although it ended 4-1 it was nothing like the games last season. Not upset losing away to the best team in the divison.
So no harm done, we'll bounce back. But we do need to get a striker in January.

I'm surprised Soldado took the penalty. I know he's always been reliable in the past, but with such a long absence from the PL starting eleven, and an obvious lack of confidence, I think there was too much pressure on him taking that one. I'd have rather seen Eriksen take it. Soldado played really well, but instead of everyone reflecting on the goal he set up, the chance he made for Mason and the shot he had saved, sadly the conversation is now all about the penalty he missed - so back to square one for him really.

I see the shameless gooner cunt Gibbs has been crowing in our defeat again

Just fuck off once and for all you know-nothing mug

Just fuck off once and for all you know-nothing mug

Interesting you call me know nothing. Before the game I said Lamela should not start because he can't handle the defensive aspect for this particular game, and neither should Rose. Rose and Lamela caused all 4 goals against us.

In this thread I even posted a quote you made, and you disagreed with it. I know nothing? You don't even know what YOU know. That was comedy gold, seeing you tap dislike on your own comment like a bitter, broken poster.

You wanted Vlad in our centerback pairing before this season. It's why you want me to go away. I hardly ever talk shit. You get wound up over what happens each game. You never have anything to push in my face after the final whistle so you just piss and moan and shriek louder with each argument you lose.

I'm sorry that Soldado missed the pen. Mostly because I like him and want us to win, but on the flip side I knew you would be fucking on one after the game where his shooting let us down to go 2-2. What with your Soldado campaign and anti hateful Ade comments.

I don't think you are worth my time anymore. I'm obsessed with Spurs. You seem obsessed with friction.

What on earth am I reading

Roses header behind us into space led to the scramble that got Fazio sent off.

Rose again was asleep on a free kick that they tapped into space behind him that led to another goal. (We talked about that before remember?)

Lamela is more obvious.

Post videos if you want to prove me wrong.

I honestly didn't think the Rose effect would have happened to Fazio quite as quick as his first prem game.

It's not bad luck that these things seem to happen to us. He's targeted. Rose is switched off and does not have the mental or physical attributes to be a defender.

No matter who we sign as a cb, Rose will make him look like a clown.

I hardly ever talk shit.

Idris-Elba.gif

Saw Rose casually ambling back from forward(ish) positions a couple of times when City were swarming at us on the counter, not after some marauding run forward, just didn't bother running back.
Wasn't good today at all.

Back
Top Bottom