The Mighty Spurs - Etihad FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

'Etihad FC'? Have you mugs forgotten how much you spent last season? You got absolutely outplayed (again). Is that 10 goals in 2 away games? Oh yeah. Soldado's a sack of shit, Lloris is the most overrated player I've ever seen in my life, and you'll forever be in little Woolwich's shadow.

Crawl back into your holes you pricks.

CTID

Oh, and while I'm at it, you don't concede 4 and deserve a point you fucking idiots.

Champions League? You're having a 'bubble' you dicks!!

Everyday I wake up thanking God I don't support City.

'Etihad FC'? Have you mugs forgotten how much you spent last season? You got absolutely outplayed (again). Is that 10 goals in 2 away games? Oh yeah. Soldado's a sack of shit, Lloris is the most overrated player I've ever seen in my life, and you'll forever be in little Woolwich's shadow.

CTID

Fuck off you chav maggot dumb arse cunt of a man who supports a bunch of oil princes, man city don't exist anymore you pathetic cunt, anything you ever win means nothing it's just money.

And for the record spurs net spending is one of the lowest in the league, guess who's the highest the cheating scumbags, how much did that ref cost to buy, spurs will always be a real team, you support no one so go shove a razor up your fat council estate fanny and suck the oil princes cocks.

oh and Manchester is a shit hole I say that as a man with family from Liverpool, even Liverpool dicks on Manchester.

What does Liam gallaghers sperm taste like you prick?

Oh, and while I'm at it, you don't concede 4 and deserve a point you fucking idiots.

Again everything you are is because you are the puppets of oil bandits, nothing you have ever won you have earned. You are like a lottery winning pretending they deserve their millions

CTID

You sir, need to get laid. How the fuck is your life so damn lame and boring that you come to a rival teams message board to troll. Grow the fuck up

You sir, need to get laid. How the fuck is your life so damn lame and boring that you come to a rival teams message board to troll. Grow the fuck up

Sure he's not got that problem he's in
Manchester, bet every fat council estate bird is doing a bad job of sucking his Dick, 10 kids with 10 different mums and no job to show for his life but the benefits pay for it. Like city he got something he didn't earn and everyone can see through him.

Sure he's not got that problem he's in
Manchester, bet every fat council estate bird is doing a bad job of sucking his Dick, 10 kids with 10 different mums and no job to show for his life but the benefits pay for it. Like city he got something he didn't earn and everyone can see through him.

Hey man, Fatties need loving too! good on him, haha

Shit result, not a bad performance going forward.
Showed to much respect to Aguero and should of closed better.
Got to say I love how Mason plays and can't believe how he's gone unnoticed before.
Way better than Carroll for me.

And lastly man united are a real team they have earned what they have, your title last season means nothing it's for the oil barons you sold out your nothing anymore you might as well support apple or Microsoft, corporate cunt.

I was sad to see us lose but we will get better, Poch is a winner and the longer he's with our squad the more he can instill that mentality on the players.
Mason, Eriksen & Lloris were battling all game today, Poch will continue to help our players grow into a Team again.

First time I've seen Hugo get his positioning wrong, that first goal. He left too much of the goal as a target which is why Aguero went for it and he's good enough to do it.
The first penalty was an absolute joke.
Kaboul was crazy to dive in like that to conceed the second. But he's been good this season.
Mason looked really good.
Soft red card but it was a penalty.
Soldado missing his penalty was not good. I've backed him through his continuous dry spell, but if he cant even do the one thing we know he can do then there is something wrong. It was a crap penalty. We need someone with a bit more aggression up front.
We were a bit unlucky, although it ended 4-1 it was nothing like the games last season. Not upset losing away to the best team in the divison.
So no harm done, we'll bounce back. But we do need to get a striker in January.

You can't pick and choose form. This was one of his better displays, as good as it gets and he's still not good enough.

It was a very good game by Soldado, good enough in my book, but how can you say it is as good as it gets? He hasn't had much time with the AMs out there, and hasn't gotten a real run with the team yet. I'd say it can get better, and it will if he's given a bit of time.

I am not going to bother re-reading everyone else's thoughts and picking fights.

I think we played a good game, and with some better bounces we could have won it. The ref was flat-out incompetent, and he ruined the match. We came and didn't hide, didn't try to park the bus for a point, and didn't collapse like last year. We stood up, fought them blow for blow and come away with some measure of pride, even if no one will ever recognize it.

This is not last year's team, and this was not last year's performance. It wasn't a win, but it was a sign of progress.

Those saying this was a good performance are the equivalent of an abused wife with a black eye screaming 'but i love him'. it's absolute bs. I have no clue what Pochettino's game plan is. Our defence has gone out the window.The cracks were there even against Woolwich and southampton. We are endlessly carved open because of the lack of steel in midfield. Capoue can't do it on his own. Yes mason is great, I love his energy and he is an upgrade on bentaleb but we need to have more control over the midfield.

so it was
Dier- Fazio-Kaboul-Rose
-------Capoue-Mason
Lamela-Eriksen- Chadli
-------------soldado---------

it's clear to see that Fazio and Kaboul have never or very rarely ever played together to form any form of stable CB pairing. Meanwhile Dier is not a natural rightback. The spine of this team ie: Mason, Eriksen and Soldado simply do not provide enough defensively or offensively grit to help us control the game.

Once we get overrun in midfield, the likes of Aguero lick their lips at the chance of running at a last line defender, especially when those defenders lack pace like Kaboul and Fazio.

I would have thought Pochettino would have the common sense to start vertonghen and possibly stambouli and attacking midfield players who trackback. Instead he starts a lightweight team that struggled to get into the game.Credit to the chances we created, that is indeed a positive but it's cancelling out all the good work poch has done to get the players playing attacking football when he sets up the team so defensively weak.

. If we're being honest with ourselves, both of them need to massively improve and neither should be a guaranteed name on the team sheet based on current form. But the ideal situation would be that they both play well. By the looks of the board, twitter, etc I think there are plenty that would prefer only the one they've backed to come into form.

It's so stupid and petty. A goal from Adebayor or Soldado counts the same. They both play for our club.

Nah. Ade is 100% a great striker.

If I want to hear what just happened in the last two weeks, I'll read and agree with your reactionary posts.

Ade, Eriksen and Lamela need to start almost every prem game. They are the key to keep everything moving up front.

You kneejerking from whatever just happened and waxing long and lyrical about it is your thing.

I had to cut two thirds of your opening preachy "tiresome Soldado and Ade debate" before you preached that they are not good enough.

Ade is good enough.

IMO you need to put a stake in the ground because you pretty much react to what just happened.

I don't know what's more annoying. Me being repetitive about Rose, Townsend, Lennon and the tiny dancers being at the heart our "bad luck" or you preaching about what just happened under your nose and passing it off after the fact.

What does Liam gallaghers sperm taste like you prick?

Haha.

To be fair, I've seen Liam in the box at WHL dancing and chanting back to pisstake Spurs chants about Oasis.

Anyone remember that? Before city were a $$$ power? It was comedy gold. He did the Happy Mondays manc dance as we took the piss.

Last edited:
The pen fazio gave away. I'm angry.

Pure tiredness and laziness, couldn't be fucked to bust a gut and slide out a leg that was easily doable. Tired arm round the shoulder and hoped he would get away with it.

If I was the manager he would be shipped out on that alone. I can live with shitness but never laziness. Welcome to the prem you cunt,

- Funny how Karma works ! Lampard takes an effing dive to get the Pen, but karma gets him with a thigh injury. The cunt even swatted away Mason's consoling hand.
- I don't know how, but the squad looked tired after about 30 minutes in the half.
- I want Soldado to succeed, but I watched him stand offside in one spot for about 5 seconds watching while Spurs were attacking. If things are not going his way - he needs to work harder.
- Mason finally added attacking to his game. He now deserves to continue to start.
- Lamela had a BAD game.
- Once Dzeko was not in the starting XI, then Fazio should have never started.

Back
Top Bottom