Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Calvert fucking lewin !?!

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

How do we still not have a fucking DoF by the way?

Is that now Scott Munn's responsibility, or have we canned the idea now that Paratici is allowed to "consult" for us on the side?

Yeah, we're consulting a DoF who brought us Romero, Sarr, Udogie, Vicario, Bissouma, Bentancur. What a terrible idea to do that.
Who has been banned by FIFA, who resigned from the club because of it. So yes it is a terrible idea to go and consult a former employee who has been done for fraud. You are concerned about the clubs morals but not in this case it seems.

I'm not on the hate train with Dier (I do have an issue with those that are) but the very first thing Jose did at Spurs was to hand out two new contracts to an over-the-hill 100% leaving Toby and and new contract to Dier. He also brought in Rodon, literally one of the worst CB's I've ever seen play for us.
Don’t think Jose had anything to do with Rodon? Wasn’t it just our standard speculative punt into the Championship; Clarke, Spence, Rodon etc.

Scarlett to Ipswich a a great loan for him.

Ex-Spur McKenna has them playing good football and they've started this season well. I hope he can start there.

Never seen a club struggle to shift deadwood like we do

We're probably on some blacklist where clubs just can't be bothered to deal with Levy

That's a good point. It's always struck me as being a tad weird on how keen Woolwich and Chavs are to do business with each other, they're meant to be rivals, BUT it helps them both with offloading players they don't want, bringing in money to spend on key targets.

Most of the clubs in the PL seem happy to sell and buy from each other, whereas with us it seems every PL deal is a struggle.

I wonder if Levy has burned too many bridges and it's now having a negative impact on our transfer business.

I wonder how many PL chairmen groan when they're told Daniel Levy is on the phone and ask their assistant to take a message instead or put him on conference call whilst making wanker gestures.

Last edited:

Tottenham 'reject loan bid for Eric Dier from Burnley' with the England international determined to fight for his place despite having just one year left on his current deal​

This is such bullshit.

The reason it's rejected is because the offer from Burnley was to loan him. 1) How does loaning a player who entered his final contract year help? A = It doesn't, it make no sense. 2) It has nothing to do with "dier fighting for his place"

Back
Top Bottom