Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
What happened to Ronnie Edwards (Peterborough) & Jacob Greaves (Hull)? Both were on Spurs' radar and seen as EPL quality CB. Spurs were particularly linked to Edwards.
I guess clubs like Brighton, Palace, Fulham, B'mouth would have picked them up by now if they were that good, though...but then again...

Those 3 don’t make us better now and they get in the way of our own youth talent. That would be massively underwhelming.

A proper centre back and Vlahovic would be more convincing.
:skipwtf:
In an era where Chelsea and City are flogging youth players who've barely had a sniff of adult football for fees of £30m, £40m, whilst we can't even get our most promising youth a better loan than Port Vale (and I definitely can't remember the last time we got a decent fee for one of them!), I really don;t think the bolded is a pressing concern...

They don't have many other midfielders, I can't see this happening. It does suggest that Hojbjerg to Atletico is heating up.
Chelsea have Fernández, Caicedo , Lavia, Chuckwumka, Gallagher and Ugochuckwu as cm's and they're about to sign Palmer who will probably take up a central attacking position meaning only 2 of the others will start.

It's plausible that they will sell Gallagher but I'm not sure about our relationship with them. Historically its been awful but apparently Boehly and Levy get on.

Any move for Gallagher would have to be strongly driven by him not sensing game time ahead of Enzo, Caicedo and Lavia.

Maybe he backs himself to take Sarr's place.

Can't see it though.

Seems like typical Levy time-wasting desperation on deadline day.
He scored 8 goals and assisted 3 two years ago, the lad would be a decent utility midifielder to have when we have an inevitable big player injury. Additionally he got 10 yellow cards that season, so there's also serious potential for being a shithouser :lamelaaghh:

Chelsea have Fernández, Caicedo , Lavia, Chuckwumka, Gallagher and Ugochuckwu as cm's and they're about to sign Palmer who will probably take up a central attacking position meaning only 2 of the others will start.

It's plausible that they will sell Gallagher but I'm not sure about our relationship with them. Historically its been awful but apparently Boehly and Levy get on.
Chuk is out for months, Lavia still hasn't featured, and I'm not sure how much they're planning to rely on Ugochukwu considering he's still a teen. We'll see I guess, but I can't see us matching their valuation.

All is not lost with Fati I reckon. Will probably look at their stadium and think fuck this. Sky saying were still in the race.
were we ever in the race?

I didn't believe that story but I do believe a scenario in which we enquired about him just in case Brennan Johnson deal falls through. If we actually make a loan bid for him today it means we don't think we can pull off the Johnson deal.

Back
Top Bottom