Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Add to that, most of the other big wealthy clubs have huge squad problems.

Liverpool, United, Woolwich all have very suspect positions in their squad

Any of those lose a key defender or CM and they are in trouble too.

The idea that we are the only wealthy club lacking quality depth is showing some of the posters on here to have terrible football knowledge.

I go back to the 2018 of shite when everyone was focusing on us not signing anyone but I was equally pissed off that we hadn’t sold anyone either that window.

Our problem is that we’ve had since then to get our ducks in a row or even (here’s the best bit) learn from it and get ourselves in a position where we move these players on effectively.

But we haven’t and we continue not to. It’s why we are sat here with almost ten players we need rid of. Sure other clubs want rid of players, but it’s not that many.

I desperately want another striker and centre back in but I doubt we will get them. But if we manage to sell (not loan) hojbjerg, Sanchez, Tanganga, Dier, ndombele, Lo Celso, Lloris, Regullion or even sell half of them before Saturday then I’ll be somewhat pleased. It’s ridiculous we are in this position again though for the sixth summer in a row. It’s incompetence of the highest order.

I mean the keyboard monkeys you will use any shread of evidence even if it's complete and utter BS to throw shade at the club purely because you got used to the idea of having a player play for us on the back of some tenuous links.

Live scenes at TFC:

Computer Working GIF

All Spurs fans should be concerned as of now but there's showing concern and then there's having an absolute period. 😆

Fekin grow up lmao
Not sure why but the term keyboard monkeys made me lol :king::king::avbcringe:

Can't say I'm surprised that Ansu chose Brighton over us. Presumably he's been told he will be a starter there, whereas here he would have been back-up.

As I said yesterday, why would he choose one less-than-ideal situation in the club he grew up in for an essentially identical one in a new country?

They absolutely weren't serious ones, almost every Club in Europe it seems was "linked" because Barca is absolutely desperate to get his wages off their books.

Agree with the rest. But are issues aren't unique all PL Clubs are struggling to get rid of players as the wages are high compared to those in other Leagues in Europe. These issues have been occurring for a decade and are getting worse since COVID as many European clubs haven't recovered.

Not interested in other clubs as I'm not as invested or interested in the context to each unique situation.

Using other clubs as examples is pure whataboutery.

In the context of this club, it's inexcusable imo.

Meh, there's no obligation or option.

Pretty obvious we explored it and wanted to secure him for the future, if Brighton want to loan him for the benefit of Barca, good for them, if that's the case and if that's what Barca wanted we were never in the race, not quite the coup or the gazumping people are trying to make it out to be, Brighton are just cucking for Barca.

Understand your viewpoint. On other hand I'm worried about Son, and how many goals he has in him these days.

But surely the idea about Angeball is that there will be far more opportunities for far more players to score, therefore, the figures being bandied about do not seem that far off being possible?
This is the beauty of #angeball it seems, BUT if you want the highest chance of winning things or at least getting into the top 3, you want a good variety of players in your team knocking in say 3-8 goals IN ADDITION to your strikers knocking in 10-20+

According to ITK, we are now allowed to know that we have been chasing FATI since APRIL, this is why our ITK are so angry Levy pulled the plug.

This part of the ITK was only shared ‘behind the scenes’.

The minions were only told about the ongoing Fati deal this week, once ‘it was in the press’.

:ange-lips:

We need another decent CD
We need another mid to ship Hoejberg and fatty
We desperately need a renowned striker Kane replacement

The worry is unless miracle with Richy and Son the goals will dry and another mediocre season

I really can’t see who is going to score 20 plus PL goals to have a good season

To add, the bench of Glc, Davies, Sanchez, Skipp, Scarlett, HG, Dier, Solomon is p!ss poor. These are most of the players who finished 8th last season.

Last edited:
Not interested in other clubs as I'm not as invested or interested in the context to each unique situation.

Using other clubs as examples is pure whataboutery.

In the context of this club, it's inexcusable imo.

Why dont you ever say that to Joan who is constantly talking about how other clubs do this and that.

Obviously a lot easier to get starts for Forest than City. Even Foden has had to be extremely patient there. But watching him play, you can see the ability is there with Palmer.

Spence is an example of a guy who played regularly at Forest but can't get a game at a bigger club. Let's hope Johnson fares a lot better if he comes.
I think you're just making this up tbh.
You can't have seen more than a few minutes of Palmer as nobody has.

Back
Top Bottom