Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I feel that is a little dated, the Jan TW nowadays feels more like a mini Summer window

Look at last Jan for example:

It just proves if you have the money which Prem teams have then there's loads of deals to be done mainly because European teams don't have the money compared to Prem teams.

So Jan could be a perfect opportunity to revisit the market for us.
Yeah I’m not against that

I'm afraid it feels like a total shambles. A ton of random names but barely any centre backs. Tanganga, Ndombele deals falling through. Dier, Lloris, Reggie, Sanchez still here. No movement on Hojbjerg who the manager clearly doesnt fancy. I'd love to think this is all some devious masterplan but as you say we've been here before time and time again. Its throw some mud and hope some of it sticks time. We can only hope its more Van Der Vaart than Sissoko or Rasiak but its no way to run a club properly.
Spurs have been linked with tons of CB's as well - but what the press (and ITK) say and what true after mostly widely apart.

Things have moved on. Our peers are spending 400M net, signing 100M players like Rice, we should be in a complete state of panic. Still no outside investment, just plucky old Spurs teetering about on the periphery doing the bare minimum.
I have stopped focusing on the spend. That's not what's important. What's important is whether the signings improve us. Brighton spends pennies and gets talent. United and Chelsea chuck money around and get a lot of duds. I want us to emulate Brighton, rather than the scattergun approach of some of the big spending clubs.

I have stopped focusing on the spend. That's not what's important. What's important is whether the signings improve us. Brighton spends pennies and gets talent. United and Chelsea chuck money around and get a lot of duds. I want us to emulate Brighton, rather than the scattergun approach of some of the big spending clubs.
Ideally a blend. Structured, not scattered but the level above Brighton - players that might be a year or two older than they sign (they often loan their new players).

Ansu Fati will be judged at seasons end when we'll be able to work out how many thousands he cost per minute played or goals scored....200k a week is a bit steep for a player who only averages about 20 games a season...

Besides, any journo who thought Levy would go for that is mad in the head...

Time to make my final day predictions.

OUT
Dier - Sporting
Ndombele - Inter
Tanganga - Fulham
Hojbjerg - Athletico
Reggie - Genoa
Perisic - Split
Lloris - Free agent

IN
Adarabioyo from Fulham
Johnson from Forest
Inwould be pleased with those outs and no ins tbh. Sets up for the future and stops any of those fools seeping into the first 11 in the next few months

Ansu Fati will be judged at seasons end when we'll be able to work out how many thousands he cost per minute played or goals scored....200k a week is a bit steep for a player who only averages about 20 games a season...
Handy player to bring off the bench or use for rotation.

Don't think the money is an issue considering they've robbed Chelsea blind multiple times over the last 12 months.

Oh there's a fucking surprise, once again a load of grown men melting down over something that never actually happened lmao

Ya'll need to stop doing this, you believe anything you read purely because of desperation, you get used to the idea of it and when it doesn't happen you all run back to blame Levy because it aligns with your confirmation bias, it's so pathetic 🤣

So gullible, when will you lot ever learn...
How is my one-line joke a meltdown compared to your expletive-laden paragraphs...?

Back
Top Bottom