Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
He was shite against Fulham cause everyone was shite, you can't rotate 9 players and expect a fluid performance from the team. He's been good otherwise, arguably better than Son at LW.
No he's been nothing special and it's time for him to go, it's what he wants.

Why are you even bothering replying? He doesn't believe a word he is saying and is just saying it to drive an agenda. If he believed it, he wouldn't have a problem accepting a simple 20 pound wager (which will go to a charity) that we will score the same or more as last year. Guy's a total fraud.

giphy.gif

What other teams make big signings on deadline day? It happens. City are buying Nunes for around 60m for example.
Like I said we are aren't city, trying to act like them is pointless. We miss out more often than not with deadline day signings.

ok?? so they have Sterling and Madueke for that right sided position? not just Madueke.
Well, I thought my point was pretty clear: Sterling normally plays on the left side but since Chelski do not have a quality player right now for that LFW position right now Sterling is played there (and may well be there permanently).
I am sure Jackson, Mudryk, Chukwuemeka, Diego Moreira, Nkunku and several others could play there if they are asked to...

:skipwtf:
In an era where Chelsea and City are flogging youth players who've barely had a sniff of adult football for fees of £30m, £40m, whilst we can't even get our most promising youth a better loan than Port Vale (and I definitely can't remember the last time we got a decent fee for one of them!), I really don;t think the bolded is a pressing concern...
City and Chelsea are, be selling inexperienced youth players for ridiculous sums are pushing up the prices of better, more established players at other clubs. Other clubs reckon if young unknown players are sold,for £50m then their bigger names are worth more. Whether Chelsea or Citymare doing this deliberately or not, who knows but I wouldn’t put it past them, esp Boehly.

How many goals did Kane used to score in August again?

And that was playing a system that he already knew.

So yeah, just cause Sonny and Richie haven't scored in 3 games playing an entirely new system, it means they will score fuck all for the rest of the season.

Really no patience with this crowd. Can't even wait 10-15 games ffs.
I mean you can say it’s a lack of patience (which ignores Son, Richy and Kulu were poor last season), or you could say that objectively speaking our attacking options are below that of our rivals and competition for the top 7 places.

You make it binary, but we can agree that the team will get goals from a broader array of positions but still be concerned with our lack of top end talent in attacking areas. In close games, elite players often make the difference. We don’t have that.

Your posting style is so reductive and inflammatory. One of, if not the worst on the site.

There is no penalty.
You are allowed a maximum of 17 non-HG players in your squad.
If you don't have any HG players then you only have a squad of 17.
sorry to be crude but is it then worth spunking shed loads on a player that is dogshit, when they will make very little impact, just to hit a quota?

With Skipp, Forster, Austin, Whiteman, Maddison, Davies and White, we have a squad of 24 players. With pretty much just the prem this season how many players do we need?

Back
Top Bottom