Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
There is absolutely no way Brighton who have Mitóma on about 10k a week and had Calceido on about 4K when he first signed are going to cover the best part of 270k per week without there being a full-scale mutiny there.
My guess is that they’re paying less than half and the rest is BS for Barca to save face.
Great points.

Bentancur is a great pro - but he's had zero pre-season, coming back from one of the worst injuries a professional fooballer can get and coming into a brand new system.

Sure, we could use January to strengthen in midfield 5 months after we've weakened it but we could also use January to get rid of Hojbjerg and replace him if we wanted to.

Well it looks like Atletico want him now at £40m, we'd be silly not to take that.

Yeah this is fair but I don't see how the Fati deals makes us more ambitious because it seemingly looks like everyone is upset that this deal broke down and now everyone is losing their shit, I should be surprised but I'm not. 😆

Turns out no break down... No "gazumping" either:

There was never an agreement in place between #Tottenham and Barcelona for Ansu Fati, there were contacts today in the morning but #Spurs priority is Brennan Johnson @FabrizioRomano on @KickStreaming

I wish this is true...

Atletico Madrid revive talks with Tottenham over signing Pierre Emile Hojbjerg on loan with obligation to buy for £40m after the midfielder was linked with Man United​

• Atletico Madrid have made a fresh bid to sign Pierre Emile Hojbjerg
  • LaLiga side in talks over loan deal with an obligation to buy for £40m
  • Man United have also been linked with a move for Denmark midfielder

Turns out no break down... No "gazumping" either:

There was never an agreement in place between #Tottenham and Barcelona for Ansu Fati, there were contacts today in the morning but #Spurs priority is Brennan Johnson @FabrizioRomano on @KickStreaming

Yeah but

200.gif

I wish this is true...

Atletico Madrid revive talks with Tottenham over signing Pierre Emile Hojbjerg on loan with obligation to buy for £40m after the midfielder was linked with Man United​

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Could we get any midfielder in to replace PEH in time though? That’s a hell of a lot of burden on Bissouma. We’d probably be OK but I still think we need a real 6 as an option

gazump
  1. informal•British
    make a higher offer for a house than (someone whose offer has already been accepted by the seller) and thus succeed in acquiring the property.
    "the trio are fuming after they were gazumped by a property speculator"

2. 2.
    dated•informal
    swindle (someone).
    "I gazumped a friend of mine with complete success last night"

So, nah..... Not been "gazumped" by Brighton at all.

Ha Ha ..:roflmao::roflmao:.....you couldn't make this shit up

DCI Airfixx Airfixx on the scene with his dictionary out :sonlol:

Then pay up the contract and fuck them off. At the very least say you'll be playing with the u21s at best and not allow them anywhere near the squad. We must be able to incentivise them to leave somehow
You won’t pay them off until you have to. It’s a shitty way to do business and, even then, you won’t pay them all off.
We’ll probably agree that you shouldn’t stop bringing better people in when you know that you’re prepared to cut some others. I am too lazy to do the maths on the squad so I don’t know how far over we are on non-HG. What’s the count?

I reckon there's an attitue problem with the likes of Davies and PEH, they play much much better in league games but put them in a "nothing game" like Fulham and they'll absolutely let you down. Never seen either play well in one of these games.

It's not about the individuals....... The whole B-team bollocks exposes everybody's weaknesses. The very weaknesses that prevent them from being regular first XI players, but not decent back-up players.

The idea that we could swap out an entire team in a 3-games old system against a prem team without a blip was naive management..... And I suspect a byproduct of Ange being used to his reserves being able to slaughter most other teams in Scotland. It's not PSG v France or BM v Germany......... We don't have that chasm in quality; even Man City can come unstuck doing that and they're 5/6 years deep in Pep-ball.

Last edited:
I wish this is true...

It's not true.

But if it were, you take it, double it, and drop the money off at Holmesdale Road in exchange for Eze.

Back
Top Bottom