Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
You say it as if it doesn't matter whether we get those players or not. We should be looking to make the squad stronger and add competition. As for city, who gives a fuck? They are treble champions, whereas we haven't won anything since 2008.
Of course it matters, that's why we're trying to add players, I'm saying that's just how football is, nearly no team has the bench they would've liked.

Mail online saying we want eze. Reckon we could chuck in a few rejects as part of the deal. Also think we should go for Calvert-lewin and offer richarlison as part of deal. Let's be honest hes been a flop.
One dimensional, hasn't even put up impressive stats for a good 2 years, and IIRC was actually less impressive than Richie when they were both at their "peak".

I'd prefer that we've learned our lesson wrt buying Everton's star strikers...

The market for out and out strikers is pretty bereft at the moment, there's a reason we managed to get £100m+ for a 30 year old, 12 months remaining, one season wonder.

Yes, we need the players who will score and at the moment players like Son and Richy don’t seem able to do that.
How many goals did Kane used to score in August again?

And that was playing a system that he already knew.

So yeah, just cause Sonny and Richie haven't scored in 3 games playing an entirely new system, it means they will score fuck all for the rest of the season.

Really no patience with this crowd. Can't even wait 10-15 games ffs.

skysports-transfer-inflation_6267347.jpg

Makes you realise what Abramovich actually did. Inflation adjusted transfers, Shevchenko £200m fun times.

Add to that, most of the other big wealthy clubs have huge squad problems.

Liverpool, United, Woolwich all have very suspect positions in their squad

Any of those lose a key defender or CM and they are in trouble too.

The idea that we are the only wealthy club lacking quality depth is showing some of the posters on here to have terrible football knowledge.
Yep!

In an ideal world, it would be brilliant to have another quality (even one with potential) CB but I guess this looks very unlikely. The big reason behind this is us not shifting players out (CB's).

And I have a nagging concern about Madders, he was taped up (knee) at the weekend although the club seemed quite relaxed about him, whilst not the same profile of player I don't want us to bin off Lo Celso.

Only us and Chavs have no European football too, so it's natural to say that for this season the demands on our group of players are less and that would lead to a reduction of injuries being put down to fatigue (Red Zone) etc.

Perisic said he wanted to go after Conte left, he's 34., his best years are behind him, apart from that one cross when Fulham was down to ten men, he was shite. Just let him go on a free.
I still cant get my head around why Lloris and Perisic weren't out the door in early June. 2 players of their age, both wanted to leave, it should have been straightforward free transfers.

Of course it matters, that's why we're trying to add players, I'm saying that's just how football is, nearly no team has the bench they would've liked.
It's not how football is, that's how we are. We are chasing after two players who will cost altogether 100m on the last day of the window. We employed a head of recruitment, he's seen taking a holiday with the team, no one has a fucking clue when this guy is supposed to start work, meanwhile we are still consulting a former DOF done for fraud. What other club is doing this?

Back
Top Bottom