Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buy Get GIF by MARK VOMIT

I still cant get my head around why Lloris and Perisic weren't out the door in early June. 2 players of their age, both wanted to leave, it should have been straightforward free transfers.
In retrospect, Perisic not leaving might not be such a bad thing. He's a very good 20-30 min impact sub surrounded by the first team players.

With Lloris it was a matter of him finding a team. That's on his agent and his delusion wanting to be a starter at a CL side. Not much the club can do about that.

It's not how football is, that's how we are. We are chasing after two players who will cost altogether 100m on the last day of the window. We employed a head of recruitment, he's seen taking a holiday with the team, no one has a fucking clue when this guy is supposed to start work, meanwhile we are still consulting a former DOF done for fraud. What other club is doing this?
Yeah, we're consulting a DoF who brought us Romero, Sarr, Udogie, Vicario, Bissouma, Bentancur. What a terrible idea to do that.

sorry to be crude but is it then worth spunking shed loads on a player that is dogshit, when they will make very little impact, just to hit a quota?

With Skipp, Forster, Austin, Whiteman, Maddison, Davies and White, we have a squad of 24 players. With pretty much just the prem this season how many players do we need?
It's almost certain that Austin, Whiteman, White and Tanganga will not be included in our final squad.
So our squad will be 17 non HG +Skipp, Maddison and ageing Forster and Davies
The plan is Europe next season.
We must plan ahead.

It's also the effects of our terrible purchases in past years. A DoF would help, but the core problem is the players we bought and the salaries we put them on.
The issues though were because we "backed" two fucking dinosaurs.

I'm not on the hate train with Dier (I do have an issue with those that are) but the very first thing Jose did at Spurs was to hand out two new contracts to an over-the-hill 100% leaving Toby and and new contract to Dier. He also brought in Rodon, literally one of the worst CB's I've ever seen play for us.

Sanchez's deal made sense (in part) at the time because we played a high line with two slow and ageing CB's and were moving to Wembley's massive pitch from WHL's smallest pitch in the div. (although his fee was quite extraordinary and doesn't reflect that he runs as though he's on stilts).

It's been facicle with the Paratici hire but the only thing I can't complain about has been his acquisitions, on the whole, they've been very good and since he "left" we do appear to be more profiled focused (looking for and being linked with players with similar profiles for positions).

The issue, and one not unique to us is selling players. The market is small and whilst the reason for this is PL salaries in general, our salaries are significantly less than all of our rivals and yet we still struggle to sell, I would have hopped it would have been to our advantage.

Never seen a club struggle to shift deadwood like we do

We're probably on some blacklist where clubs just can't be bothered to deal with Levy
It's a combination of inept people trying to sell, with players that don't want to go to the only options available. They are happy to not play and collect wages. No ambition or determination. Explains a lot.

Back
Top Bottom