Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Define cheating? FFP rules are clearly too weak, and they aren’t bribing refs. Just proud, ambitious people trying to inspire their team to be successful. Yes their owners are brown which clearly irks you but hey, that alone is not cheating

That's a cunt of a post; even for you.... The ACTUAL racist, homophobic, toxic, violence encouraging knuckle-dragger.

Last edited:
Playing a game of chicken with Forest. Forest need funds from a Johnson sale and we won't entertain the idea of paying £50m. This will go the distance and as long nobody interferes it'll probably be done around £40m
They turned down 43 million with add ons from Brentford.

I think that's something Dier said earlier in the transfer window.
Why can't we just loan him out to save on wages then let him walk away next summer?
IMO the real reason Dier has not featured is because Levy wanted a fee for him. If we don't sell him we certainly won't loan him or cancel his contract and again IMO I reckon he is returned to match day squads.

Who has been banned by FIFA, who resigned from the club because of it. So yes it is a terrible idea to go and consult a former employee who has been done for fraud. You are concerned about the clubs morals but not in this case it seems.
There's fraud and fraud. He didn't steal the retirement savings of old ladies. He did some shady deals at Juventus that didn't hurt absolutely anyone, other than Juventus itself when they got found out. It's not black and white, mate.

Gallagher is better than Skipp. Easily and HG. Johnson is arguably a better prospect than Son and Kulu and Richarlison as he seems to be able to play across the front 3, is younger, faster and scored as many/more goals for a poor team.
Meh he’s a bit better than skipp, I don’t think the two are worlds apart and Gallagher can’t play as a DM which we’re going to be fucked with if anything happens to bissouma. I also wouldn’t want him taking minutes from Sarr who is already probably better and has a much higher ceiling and then when bentancur is back, I don’t see the need for him at all. Would much prefer us to go after a DM to cover Biss than another box to box man.

And with Johnson I just don’t see it at all, I’ve watched him plenty of times, he’s quick and has very good movement but I really can’t see him turning into anything that special to warrant his price tag. Would love to be proved wrong but these really do seem like mid table level signings to me.

Never seen a club struggle to shift deadwood like we do

We're probably on some blacklist where clubs just can't be bothered to deal with Levy

Wonder why

Oh yea

:levyeyes:

That's why

Tottenham 'reject loan bid for Eric Dier from Burnley' with the England international determined to fight for his place despite having just one year left on his current deal​

Dier fighting
How I Met Your Mother Barney GIF by Laff

Why are we leaving it so late to bid for Brennan Johnson?

Because

:levyeyes:

Still thinks it's 2005

Playing a game of chicken with Forest. Forest need funds from a Johnson sale and we won't entertain the idea of paying £50m. This will go the distance and as long nobody interferes it'll probably be done around £40m

Would need to be a more compelling club than Brentford to intervene. Don't see any of the Big 6 going for a speed merchant, maybe Yanited.

Meh he’s a bit better than skipp, I don’t think the two are worlds apart and Gallagher can’t play as a DM which we’re going to be fucked with if anything happens to bissouma. I also wouldn’t want him taking minutes from Sarr who is already probably better and has a much higher ceiling and then when bentancur is back, I don’t see the need for him at all. Would much prefer us to go after a DM to cover Biss than another box to box man.

And with Johnson I just don’t see it at all, I’ve watched him plenty of times, he’s quick and has very good movement but I really can’t see him turning into anything that special to warrant his price tag. Would love to be proved wrong but these really do seem like mid table level signings to me.
We need to look deeper than the starting 11.
We have neglected that so often for so long that we're in a state.

Back
Top Bottom