Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
So Daniel looking to sell/loan sanchez, Dier, and Tanganga, and leave Romero, VDV, davies and phillips to manage the entire season without suspension or injury.

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF
I assume we're bringing in someone if we're selling Sanchez. Probably Tosin if Sanchez is going to Monaco.

Why are we leaving it so late to bid for Brennan Johnson?
Tabs are being kept. Bid being prepared. Laying the groundworks for a potential
deal. We are monitoring this player to within an inch of his life. Hook my veins up to the transfer ticker, these updates give me breath.

Meh he’s a bit better than skipp, I don’t think the two are worlds apart and Gallagher can’t play as a DM which we’re going to be fucked with if anything happens to bissouma. I also wouldn’t want him taking minutes from Sarr who is already probably better and has a much higher ceiling and then when bentancur is back, I don’t see the need for him at all. Would much prefer us to go after a DM to cover Biss than another box to box man.

And with Johnson I just don’t see it at all, I’ve watched him plenty of times, he’s quick and has very good movement but I really can’t see him turning into anything that special to warrant his price tag. Would love to be proved wrong but these really do seem like mid table level signings to me.
Would say Gallagher could end up
sinificantly better than Skipp as a 6/8 or any position if Skipp keeps on as he has done over the last 18 months. Actually think he's in need of a loan to get his career on a steady course again, because his play has been brutal over his last 20 or so games.

It's not how football is, that's how we are. We are chasing after two players who will cost altogether 100m on the last day of the window. We employed a head of recruitment, he's seen taking a holiday with the team, no one has a fucking clue when this guy is supposed to start work, meanwhile we are still consulting a former DOF done for fraud. What other club is doing this?

The almighty Man U have been scrabbling around for loans for LBs & MFs all week ffs!!!!!

Liverpool have been failing on targets all summer.

They turned down 43 million with add ons from Brentford.
Doesn't mean he will go for more. If they need cash to hit FFP etc. then they might be forced into lowering their expectations. Also we don't know the structure of the Brentford offer.

Brentford called their bluff and moved on, if there are no other suitors and they've found a replacement, then what?

Back
Top Bottom