Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For those who want Nkunku...I doubt Spurs have the funds for him. Besides, he is not the type of player Spurs are in urgent need of right now as Son & Kane cover the attacking spots and Conte doesn't only use 2 defensive-style CMF right now.

MANCHESTER UNITED target Christopher Nkunku will only be available for a "mega" transfer offer this summer, according to reports.

The RB Leipzig star is a favourite of Red Devils interim boss Ralf Rangnick, who would love to bring him to Old Trafford in the summer.

Manchester City have agreed personal terms with Borussia Dortmund and Norway striker Erling Braut Haaland, 21. (Mail)

City are poised to trigger the £62m release clause in Haaland's contract (Sky Sports)

Real Madrid are reluctant to meet Haaland's wage demands because they do not want to unsettle their dressing room of stars by making the striker the highest-paid player in the squad. (Goal)

:(
I wish ALL the big clubs would refuse to pay ransom salaries for players. The good news is that Man City now won't be after Kane (well, I still take any transfer news with a pinch of salt)

Manchester City have agreed personal terms with Borussia Dortmund and Norway striker Erling Braut Haaland, 21. (Mail)

City are poised to trigger the £62m release clause in Haaland's contract (Sky Sports)

Real Madrid are reluctant to meet Haaland's wage demands because they do not want to unsettle their dressing room of stars by making the striker the highest-paid player in the squad. (Goal)

:(
500K per week is actually less than I expected.

Looks like the rumor about Ronnie Edwards have "legs"...

Crystal Palace line up move for £15m-rated teenage defender Ronnie Edwards... as Patrick Vieira looks to add another hot prospect to his exciting young squad at Selhurst Park​

• Crystal Palace are interested in signing Peterborough defender Ronnie Edwards
  • He has thrived in the Championship, and also caught the eye of Tottenham
  • Patrick Vieira has got the best out of young talents at Palace this season
  • He now wants to bring in another highly-rated youngster to bolster his squad
By JOE BERNSTEIN FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

PUBLISHED: 22:30 BST, 16 April 2022 | UPDATED: 22:33 BST, 16 April 2022

Crystal Palace boss Patrick Vieira is already planning for the next stage of the rebuild of his squad and will battle it out with Tottenham for Ronnie Edwards, Peterborough’s £15million-rated England under-19 defender.

Palace have won plaudits this season for their emerging talents such as young England internationals Marc Guehi, Conor Gallagher and Tyrick Mitchell.

Centre-back Edwards, 19 last month, has been a regular in The Championship as well as impressing against Manchester City in the FA Cup. Spurs are also taking note of Edwards, but Palace hope Vieira’s record in giving young players a chance gives them an advantage.
Rather sign Ronnie Pickering

Looks like another of our LCB targets gone

Seems like he was adament about staying in Germany and Dortmund was the logical option if Bayern weren't gonna go for him.

Still kind of annoying how shit Dortmund are and how poorly they've been managed for some years but they essentially get CL football by default every season, and buy highly rated young players at a discount.

Either €25m is a real bargain or he isn't as good as he's reported to be. Der Bild claimed that Bayern had this deal basically wrapped up.
That’s Schlotterbeck and Sule at the back for Dortmund

It’s nice in a way then it’ll be completely offset by them selling their best asset each year. How frustrating that must be for their fans

Here's the list of LCB I would be looking at (not saying all would be good enough to start for Spurs)

Joško Gvardiol (RB Leipzig)
Pau Torres (Villareal)
Even Ndicka (Eintracht Frankfurt)
Nico Schlotterbeck (Freiburg)
Alessandro Bastoni (Inter)
Sven Botman (Lille)
Mario Hermoso (Atl. Madrid)
Gonçalo Inácio (Sporting)
Max Kilman (Wolves)
Lloyd Kelly (B'mouth)
Lisandro Martinez (Ajax)
David Carmo (Braga)
Nathan Aké (Man. City)
Castello Lukeba (Lyon)
Piero Hincapié (Leverkusen)
Arthur Theate (Bologna)
Micky van de Ven (Wolfsburg)

Prospects
Luis Binks (Bologna)
Kik Pierie (Ajax)
Oliver Aertssen (Ajax)
Bright Akwo Arrey-Mbi (Bayern M.)
Soumaïla Coulibaly (Bor. Dortmund)
Breno Bidon (Corinthians)
Jacob Greaves (Hull)

PS! I know that Schlotterbeck & Botman look set for Bor. D & AC Milan respectively.

Last edited:
Not in the slightest bit comparable.
It's not as harsh, but it's definetely comparable. Rudiger is their only true "world-class" defender, is leaving on a free, and has spoken how he wouldn't leave for another english club multiple times. He's not the captain, and not as important as that cunt was for us, but it would hurt Chavs too much.

I still don't want the cunt anywhere near N17 though. Fucking lying prick.

Back
Top Bottom