Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wish ALL the big clubs would refuse to pay ransom salaries for players. The good news is that Man City now won't be after Kane (well, I still take any transfer news with a pinch of salt)
I’m confused. What is the ransom part of his salary?
What’s he going to do if they don’t sign him, blow up the Etihad?
The lad simply got the best deal he could out of them same as I do with my employer when bonus/annual increases come around. Good luck to him I say.
Two parties freely entering a contract - nothing to see here.

Here's the list of LCB I would be looking at (not saying all would be good enough to start for Spurs)

Joško Gvardiol (RB Leipzig)
Pau Torres (Villareal)
Even Ndicka (Eintracht Frankfurt)
Nico Schlotterbeck (Freiburg)
Alessandro Bastoni (Inter)
Sven Botman (Lille)
Mario Hermoso (Atl. Madrid)
Gonçalo Inácio (Sporting)
Max Kilman (Wolves)
Lisandro Martinez (Ajax)
David Carmo (Braga)
Nathan Aké (Man. City)
Castello Lukeba (Lyon)
Piero Hincapié (Leverkusen)

Prospects

Luis Binks (Bologna)Kik Pierie (Ajax)
Oliver Aertssen (Ajax)
Bright Akwo Arrey-Mbi (Bayern M.)
Soumaïla Coulibaly (Bor. Dortmund)
Breno Bidon (Corinthians)

PS! I know that Schlotterbeck & Botman look set for Bor. D & AC Milan respectively.
Great list- thanks!

Here's the list of LCB I would be looking at (not saying all would be good enough to start for Spurs)

Pau Torres (Villareal)
Sven Botman (Lille)
Max Kilman (Wolves)
Lisandro Martinez (Ajax)
David Carmo (Braga)
Nathan Aké (Man. City)
Castello Lukeba (Lyon)

Prospects

Oliver Aertssen (Ajax)

PS! I know that Schlotterbeck & Botman look set for Bor. D & AC Milan respectively.

Would add Romagnoli to that list too - on basis we’ve been linked before, he’s out of contract, and he’s Italian.

Can’t claim to have ever seen him play but perhaps if he’ll be the second CB we sign if we were to ship out Sanchez and Rodon.

Pau Torres (Villareal)
Sven Botman (Lille)
Max Kilman (Wolves)
Lisandro Martinez (Ajax)
David Carmo (Braga)
Nathan Aké (Man. City)
Castello Lukeba (Lyon)

Prospects

Oliver Aertssen (Ajax)

Good list. David Carmo is one I'd like to get before one of the big three in Portugal do. He is young, incredible in the air and 6'5. He's been very good for Braga this season

Last edited:

The Leicester midfielder is out of contract in 2023 and is reportedly eager to find a new club this summer.

As well as Tottenham, north London rivals Woolwich have apparently been eyeing Tielemans for a number of months.

“They are exploring”​

Romano has claimed that the Belgium international will “100 percent” leave the King Power Stadium this season.

Although Spurs are not actively speaking with Tielemans or Leicester, they are exploring the situation, he added.

Romano also claimed much rests on whether Tottenham quality for the Champions League or not.

However, Spurs will have competition from “five, six clubs” for the “fantastic” midfielder.

“Tielemans is going to leave Leicester at the end of the season,” said Romano.

“100 percent, many clubs interested, Tottenham included, but still nothing closed.

“Tottenham are not negotiating with Leicester at the moment, or negotiating with Tielemans.

“They are exploring the situation.

“But for them it’s really important to know if they will play Champions League football or not.

“So this is why for Tielemans it’ll take a few weeks before we have an update, but it’s true.

“He’s a player on Tottenham’s radar but there are, trust me, five, six clubs in competition for Tielemans.

“He’s a fantastic player and a good opportunity on the market so this is why it’s still an open race.”

Former Tottenham defender Michael Dawson described Tielemans as “an incredible talent” on Sky Sports News (23/10/21, 12:59pm).

Tielemans would certainly be a great shout for Spurs, and with just one year before his contract expires, he might not even be too expensive.

That’s Schlotterbeck and Sule at the back for Dortmund

It’s nice in a way then it’ll be completely offset by them selling their best asset each year. How frustrating that must be for their fans

If those two gel as a CB pair they might actually challenge Bayern for the league next year. I like Nagelsmann, but I'm not sure he was ever the best choice to handle all the big egos and drama at Bayern. Could still succeed, but not looking as much a sure thing as it once did. Dortmund and the other teams should look to take advantage domestically the next year or two while Bayern look for a Lewandowski replacement.

I’m confused. What is the ransom part of his salary?
What’s he going to do if they don’t sign him, blow up the Etihad?
The lad simply got the best deal he could out of them same as I do with my employer when bonus/annual increases come around. Good luck to him I say.
Two parties freely entering a contract - nothing to see here.
When I used the word "ransom" I meant it figuratively and not to be taken literally. :cool:
And I am sure someone on this forum understand that (I hope)

Last edited:

The Leicester midfielder is out of contract in 2023 and is reportedly eager to find a new club this summer.

As well as Tottenham, north London rivals Woolwich have apparently been eyeing Tielemans for a number of months.

“They are exploring”​

Romano has claimed that the Belgium international will “100 percent” leave the King Power Stadium this season.

Although Spurs are not actively speaking with Tielemans or Leicester, they are exploring the situation, he added.

Romano also claimed much rests on whether Tottenham quality for the Champions League or not.

However, Spurs will have competition from “five, six clubs” for the “fantastic” midfielder.

“Tielemans is going to leave Leicester at the end of the season,” said Romano.

“100 percent, many clubs interested, Tottenham included, but still nothing closed.

“Tottenham are not negotiating with Leicester at the moment, or negotiating with Tielemans.

“They are exploring the situation.

“But for them it’s really important to know if they will play Champions League football or not.

“So this is why for Tielemans it’ll take a few weeks before we have an update, but it’s true.

“He’s a player on Tottenham’s radar but there are, trust me, five, six clubs in competition for Tielemans.

“He’s a fantastic player and a good opportunity on the market so this is why it’s still an open race.”

Former Tottenham defender Michael Dawson described Tielemans as “an incredible talent” on Sky Sports News (23/10/21, 12:59pm).

Tielemans would certainly be a great shout for Spurs, and with just one year before his contract expires, he might not even be too expensive.

ExPloRiNg FC :eek:

Article summary for those who can't access:

a) Kane staying; City & United out of race
b) CAM targeted; Eriksen or Tielemans being considered atm.
c) 2 defenders targeted (presumably LCB and RWB?)
d) Back up CF targeted
e) Back up GK targeted; we're currently frontrunners for Johnstone

Back
Top Bottom