Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need James Maddison
Sleep Yawn GIF
Sorry I have this on Auto

There are so many games when I think we would do much better with a midfield 3, I am sure teams are starting to target that realising we are a bit weak with the two there. Given what we have it would be good to see Skipp alongside Benta and PEH, perhaps they could make that work between themselves, taking turns to push on and hold.

Of course for it to be a success we need to get more out of doing that than we do from having Kula, Son and Kane up front (as one of them would have to be hooked). I'm not sure at the moment that we would be gaining more than we lose but its probably close, definitely an area for an upgrade in the summer IMO and make it a really viable option.
That CM 3 is not inventive enough either benta or PEH needs upgrading with a proper play maker as we lose a forward to accommodate them 3. Benta has done well but as your yday is easily nullified plus he needs to show for the ball a lot more. Further I don’t think his stats on goals and assists is very good.

I always thought we'd solve our creativity issues by running more attacks using underlapping outside CBs, executing a smothering high press, or running other innovative combinations in the 3-4-3. Has the prevailing mood shifted such that we need a pure CAM in case we need to deploy a 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 now?

If we're not gonna use the defenders as extra attackers somehow, it stands to reason we'd need to change formation from a back 3 to a back 2 to move to a more offensive setup, right?

Maybe just me but I'm still really interested to see what we could do next season with a top LCB and Romero marauding forward. Hope any other spending wouldn't take away from what we could put towards a quality RWB and LCB.

Last edited:
I always thought we'd solve our creativity issues by running more attacks using underlapping outside CBs, executing a smothering high press, or running other innovative combinations in the 3-4-3. Has the prevailing mood shifted such that we need a pure CAM in case we need to deploy a 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 now?

If we're not gonna use the defenders as extra attackers somehow, it stands to reason we'd need to change formation from a back 3 to a back 2 to move to a more offensive setup, right?

Maybe just me but I'm still really interested to see what we could do next season with a top LCB and Romero marauding forward. Hope any other spending wouldn't take away from what we could put towards a quality RWB and LCB.
We don't need Romero marauding forward. With a back 5, we need wingbacks pushing forward and creating width, not someone with no proven offensive skills playing ahead of the midfield for half the match. Adding a LCB means that we'll have more protection at the back so that the WBs can play a more offensive game.

Last edited:
For me we need a creative midfielder. And a quick, powerful defensive midfielder. And a couple of fullbacks.

Not too much to ask is it (Yes)
Yep, I think Bissouma showed on Saturday he should be priority for cm. Totally outclassed our CM on and off the ball. Love the way he can make time for himself and then drive through the space he makes, drawing players out. someone doing that on Saturday would of made the difference. Don’t think it was all on the wingbacks at the weekend as a lot of people saying although we definitely do need to improve there too.

Yep, I think Bissouma showed on Saturday he should be priority for cm. Totally outclassed our CM on and off the ball. Love the way he can make time for himself and then drive through the space he makes, drawing players out. someone doing that on Saturday would of made the difference. Don’t think it was all on the wingbacks at the weekend as a lot of people saying although we definitely do need to improve there too.
Bissouma has to be up there is he not out of contract in 2023

he could be our moussa dembele

get eriksen on a free and we are sorted in mid

2 epic wingbacks and we are rolling

lcb as a bonus

That CM 3 is not inventive enough either benta or PEH needs upgrading with a proper play maker as we lose a forward to accommodate them 3. Benta has done well but as your yday is easily nullified plus he needs to show for the ball a lot more. Further I don’t think his stats on goals and assists is very good.
PEH unquestionably the weaker of the two so if either gets upgraded it’ll be him.

As well as the obvious, often stated positions we need to fill we could really do with a good LWB. Reggi i'm afraid offers little or nothing but seems to have flown beneath the radar a bit as he's moderately better than Emerson on the other side

A big question on this, which for me remains unanswered, is why Sessegnon got a pretty decent look in prior to his injury. Does Conte rate Reg this poorly, or does he actually see the potential to develop a real player out of Sessegnon?

Gut check will clearly get you the former answer. You never know though.

Back
Top Bottom