Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That one is rumoured not to be happening any more as he was spotted at The Chavs. Think he might be going there.

So he'll spend his time not playing or on the bench, sold to someone & then shine.

You'd think young players would know how it goes at the chavs by now, guess the stupid money is more important than progressing for some

So he'll spend his time not playing or on the bench, sold to someone & then shine.

You'd think young players would know how it goes at the chavs by now, guess the stupid money is more important than progressing for some

When players in their development squad are being paid £50-60k pw which is more than a lot of our first teamers are on. It's a no brainer if money is what you wish for, they have no chance of making it into the first team squad as the ethos is to go out and buy star names.

Been thinking today about what club you would want to join this summer if you are considering joining the Prem.
If you are decent then you want to play in the CL, so that rules out the likes of Liverpool, Southampton, and West Ham. You might consider Chelsea or Utd because they are so big and you'd think will re-enter the CL at some point, but it would be a risk.

If you're a mercenary but want CL then Citeh is obviously appealing and although they have change going on the manager has a good rep.

Would you join Leicester? Not likely given the alternatives, it would be quite a risk. And it's Leicester.

Woolwich then? LOL. Not unless Wenger leaves and you know who is coming in.

Really Spurs are by far the best choice if you want to actually play and are not already a big enough name to guarantee that if joining Citeh. CL. Brilliant manager. Highly likely to challenge for the title next season. Fantastic facilities. London. New stadium on the way. Get to play with Harry Kane. The downsides are wages potentially, but we don't want mercenaries anyway so that may not work against us. I think we are in a very good position to attract the right kind of players to our club this summer who will improve us. I think we have enough money to buy one or two despite the stadium. Pretty exciting really.

For once I'm not massively fussed about signing superstars, Mitchell and Pochettino seem to know what they want and it seems to be players who are on the cusp that they can develop themselves into elite names.

I'm really enjoying this new found ethos that is attached to our club. We're no longer that basket case of selling our best players and replacing them with inferior ones in the hope they can be someone. The jokes about us using the Dippers scouts seemed to have disappeared since we no longer seem to be in the market for the same players, whilst they still employe that scattergun approach to spending £££ on players that might fit into their moneyball philosophy.

Been thinking today about what club you would want to join this summer if you are considering joining the Prem.
If you are decent then you want to play in the CL, so that rules out the likes of Liverpool, Southampton, and West Ham. You might consider Chelsea or Utd because they are so big and you'd think will re-enter the CL at some point, but it would be a risk.
1. Liverpool might win the Europa, which gives them Champions League next season.
2. :pochbye: Stop, think.

1. Liverpool might win the Europa, which gives them Champions League next season.
2. :pochbye: Stop, think.

It's true that Liverpool might win the Europa but they haven't yet and they are behind in the tie so until they get to the final and win it I don't really feel inclined to give them more credit than they deserve. If they were to win it then obviously that would make them appealing to some players.

Chelsea are a big club because they have been able to win things recently, due of course to their billionaire owner. Sad, but true. No point denying it. Obviously they are out of the CL and that helps, but players will expect to qualify next season. Also the kind of players who join Chelsea are mercenary cunts, but that is good for us as we don't want such wankers.

I wonder what Memphis is thinking now, the little cunt. Said he knew Spurs were interested but always wanted something bigger..

How's sitting on the bench of a shit United team, getting left out for a striker to play LW and no champions league football next season.. You little fuck? :dembelefingers:

I wonder what Memphis is thinking now, the little cunt. Said he knew Spurs were interested but always wanted something bigger..

How's sitting on the bench of a shit United team, getting left out for a striker to play LW and no champions league football next season.. You little fuck? :dembelefingers:

Hey man lay off.

He's scored some HUGE goals against FC Midtjylla, PSV and don't forget that lovely double against Club Brugge.

He's ready for the big stage.

Englands football wages are the highest in the world, on average.

They might not earn as much at Tottenham compared to Chelsea/United, but you'll probably earn more than being at Roma or Valencia and 98% of other clubs in Europe.
And although we have a wage structure, it's not like we don't have a willingness to give raises when you perform. A player with self-belief will see that as appealing. Especially with Pochettino's reputation for improving players.

Shows what an ego does, he was a brilliant player in the Dutch league and pretty good for Holland as well. Idiot for turning us down, looks a shadow of what he was.

What I do find funny is how the likes of Schniederlin, Schweinsteiger, Depay etc suddenly look like Van Gaal has waved a magic wand and wished their talent away.

For me Poch's strongest element is how he improves players. Had Schniederlin and Depay chosen us they would be in a far better place right now.

Shows what an ego does, he was a brilliant player in the Dutch league and pretty good for Holland as well. Idiot for turning us down, looks a shadow of what he was.

What I do find funny is how the likes of Schniederlin, Schweinsteiger, Depay etc suddenly look like Van Gaal has waved a magic wand and wished their talent away.

For me Poch's strongest element is how he improves players. Had Schniederlin and Depay chosen us they would be in a far better place right now.

What's most impressive is, Schniederlin was considering one of the best CDM's in the league last season, now Poch has turned a CB into a better CDM than Schniederlin.

What's most impressive is, Schniederlin was considering one of the best CDM's in the league last season, now Poch has turned a CB into a better CDM than Schniederlin.

I was really in favour of getting Schniederlin at the time, for me he was better than Matic that season. He looks lost in Van Gaal's world.

I was really in favour of getting Schniederlin at the time, for me he was better than Matic that season. He looks lost in Van Gaal's world.

That's because Van Gaal might as well live in Wonderland. :pritchardeyes:

In all seriousness though, he's never really been a great manager, he just so happens to have managed great sides. I'm sure half of us could do a pretty good job at Barca. He very nearly got them relegated as well.

Back
Top Bottom