Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apparently Sturridge is leaving Liverpool.

His recent injury record aside, he is an excellent striker. I'd take him 100%. Different dimension to Kane, but has just as many goals in him.

He's leaving Liverpool because he's not Klopp's first choice, so I can't see him coming here where he'd definitely not be first choice either.

He's 26, he's been on the scene for almost 10 years and he's got 1 good season and 2 good half-seasons. For one reason or another, and injuries are a part of this, he's just incredibly inconsistent and seems to rub almost all managers he's worked under the wrong way.

He's leaving Liverpool because he's not Klopp's first choice, so I can't see him coming here where he'd definitely not be first choice either.

He's 26, he's been on the scene for almost 10 years and he's got 1 good season and 2 good half-seasons. For one reason or another, and injuries are a part of this, he's just incredibly inconsistent and seems to rub almost all managers he's worked under the wrong way.
And he's a bit mad.

Apparently Sturridge is leaving Liverpool.

His recent injury record aside, he is an excellent striker. I'd take him 100%. Different dimension to Kane, but has just as many goals in him.

He is a very good striker and if his head is right, he is fit enough and the price is right, I would have him. Think Liverpool are nuts to get rid if that is what they are doing, unless his head or body is fucked...which suggests to me he is fucked in some way.

He is a very good striker and if his head is right, he is fit enough and the price is right, I would have him. Think Liverpool are nuts to get rid if that is what they are doing, unless his head or body is fucked...which suggests to me he is fucked in some way.

There must be a reason why so many managers have given up on him though. He only really performed for 6 months under AVB and when he was partnered alongside Suarez.

There must be a reason why so many managers have given up on him though. He only really performed for 6 months under AVB and when he was partnered alongside Suarez.
Injuries. Too hard to rely on. When fit, he's arguably one of the deadliest strikers in world football. Outstanding finisher, great movement and good link up play.

It isn't just whether he's messed up in body or mind. You always run the risk of signing a dud or someone getting a lot of injuries. What I was referring, when I said something was obviously wrong with him in Klopp's view and in terms of what we need, was something else.

As much as we all hate the media love in for Klopp, he does have one significant thing in common with Poch. They both put attitude, application and work rate above ability. Prior to Pool's biggest match of the season on Thursday, DS had scored four goals in four PL starts. Yet he started on the bench, just as he did in the second leg against Dortmund. Four goals in four starts says sound body and mind to me. So why didn't he start in their two biggest games of the season? It wasn't ability or form, that's for sure.

Sorry, but anybody, who would even consider taking DS into our squad right now, needs to take a fucking long hard look at themselves, and at why our squad has had such a fantastic season.

I'd take Sturridge in a heartbeat. Excellent player who would flourish under Poch.
Terrible injury record.

That said, I think one of the reasons we have had so few injuries this year is in part due to the levels of fitness Poch believes in - so maybe this is a problem that Sturridge would overcome?

The worry is that there must be something badly wrong for Liverpool to be willing to let him go. Perhaps he's broken beyond repair? You do have to wonder.

If he's over his injuries, then he's proven in the Premier league. Definitely a very interesting proposition. I'd take him before Berahino any day.

However, I still think Poch will be going for another crack at Saido. It seems clear he really wanted him last year. It does make me think how the season would have unfolded had we signed him? Would he have made the difference? A pointless exercise & probably a waste of thinking time, but it's a cloudy bank holiday morning & I can't be arsed doing much else at the moment. Nice cuppa, piece of toast, Sky news & TFC. It's nice to have fuck all better to do sometimes...

I had forgotten how much I liked Tadic. He'd be useful.

My concern with buying any African footballer remains The African Cup of Nations being played at a pivotal time of the season. Clearly some players are worth it but when you consider it's a possible 6 week absence it has to be a consideration. Mane is impressive but that would be a concern.

1.gif

Never at Spurs. Keep that shit away.

Terrible injury record.

That said, I think one of the reasons we have had so few injuries this year is in part due to the levels of fitness Poch believes in - so maybe this is a problem that Sturridge would overcome?
Didn't Klopp mention that Sturridge seemed to have a very low pain threshold? He's very talented, but never fit, and if he's not able to stay fit, he's of little use. Better to get someone else without the premium price and ridiculous history of injuries.

I'd take Sturridge in a heartbeat. Excellent player who would flourish under Poch.

Poch is something special when it comes to making people flourish, no doubt. But he's no magician. He's making players with the right attitude to let him make them flourish do so. If he could make someone flourish just because, then Ade would still be here.

Also, Sturridge is excellent in some aspects of the game. Even world class as I've already said. Those are mostly, when he's on the ball, though. Unfortunately, that's not enough for anyone coming into our team. The next time you watch Sturridge play, keep an eye on him when he hasn't got the ball. See how (little) he works, how he positions himself both when defending and attacking, then compare it to our current players, and tell me, if you honestly still think, he's excellent.

Back
Top Bottom