Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder what Memphis is thinking now, the little cunt. Said he knew Spurs were interested but always wanted something bigger..

How's sitting on the bench of a shit United team, getting left out for a striker to play LW and no champions league football next season.. You little fuck? :dembelefingers:
I so wanted him as well.

Got what he's deserved

So Greg Stobart (pretty reliable journalist imo) says we're looking for 3 players. A powerful central midfielder, an attacking midfielder and a striker.

Apparently Batshuayi is 'very, very close'. He also said Pochettino came to the realisation after Dortmund away that our central midfield was too thin in quality when Dier and Dembele doesn't play. Can't say I disagree with that sentiment.

I wouldn't mind a young, rightsided centrehalve myself either.

Witsel should be an option for central midfield, at least I think so. Team mate of pur Belgians, experienced, versatile, comes with an ok price.

Bit of a cynical way of viewing things, but the sooner we have CL completely guaranteed, the better in terms of wrapping up the transfers that we're clearly working on.

I think it's looking more and more like Batshauyi is our number 1 target - being name checked by Poch is a pretty massive sign in that regard.

As silly as it might sound, having an extra week or two where CL is 'in the bag' would probably go a long way to help the player commit to joining us and signing on the dotted line as soon as the window opens.

Bit of a cynical way of viewing things, but the sooner we have CL completely guaranteed, the better in terms of wrapping up the transfers that we're clearly working on.

I think it's looking more and more like Batshauyi is our number 1 target - being name checked by Poch is a pretty massive sign in that regard.

As silly as it might sound, having an extra week or two where CL is 'in the bag' would probably go a long way to help the player commit to joining us and signing on the dotted line as soon as the window opens.
CL is guaranteed now, isn' it?

CL is guaranteed now, isn' it?
Basically, but we won't be getting that lovely UEFA tweet confirming it (or Spurs themselves for that matter) unless we pick up some points/United drop points.

We should also turn our eyes to the top 3 race. Automatic entry into the group stages would be very lovely indeed. Man City are currently 4-1 (!) down against Southampton - meaning a win tomorrow would seal that top 3 spot (a draw would basically do the same, but only on our goal difference)

I think we have to finish 4th and Liverpool win the EL and Man City win the CL as well for us to not get it as only 5 teams from any one country can go in the CL. So it can happen but very unlikely.

As I said elsewhere, we don't need to worry about finishing outside the top 3 if Man City finish outside the top 4.

I think we have to finish 4th and Liverpool win the EL and Man City win the CL as well for us to not get it as only 5 teams from any one country can go in the CL. So it can happen but very unlikely.

United have a goal difference that is 27 worse off than us, and they are 9 points behind with three games. It's all but impossible. And there is no way that we could finish 4th and Man City not finish out of the top 4 now. Champions League is guaranteed.

I think Lyon MIGHT just be able to persuade Lacazette to stay if they get Champions League football, but it's still out of them and Monaco. But I would have no worry about getting in Batshauayi instead. I'd personally prefer Lacazette with his ability to play outwide too but Batshauyi is young and can be moulded by Pochettino and his coaches.

I also mentioned it in the Other Matches thread but Sadio Mane would be a great signing. I believe he was on Mitchells list when he was signed for Southampton and we were linked in Pochettinos first season too before he signed for Southampton. I am confident Pochettino will have a word with him and help him cut out his diving but his pace, directness and overall finishing would be a welcome to the club in my view.

Kovacic and Batshauyi. I'd be happy with that.

Kovacic - Another midfielder with talent, young and exciting.

Batshauyi - exciting young talent who can play on his own or with Kane.

Wouldn't mind Sergio Canarles either but he'd be a pretty penny to bring in.

Apparently Sturridge is leaving Liverpool.

His recent injury record aside, he is an excellent striker. I'd take him 100%. Different dimension to Kane, but has just as many goals in him.

Apparently Sturridge is leaving Liverpool.

His recent injury record aside, he is an excellent striker. I'd take him 100%. Different dimension to Kane, but has just as many goals in him.

I'd go as far as calling him a world class finisher. That being said, I think, it's pretty obvious why Klopp doesn't fancy him, and equally obvious we shouldn't go anywhere near him for the same reasons.

Back
Top Bottom