Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In other news, not unrelated to transfer news:

Pochettino is stalling on new contract according to Danish media.

For that reason all of Eriksen (knew that already), Kane and Vertonghen have posthoned all contracted talks until close season.

According to Leicester City Players Salaries 2016 (Weekly Wages) - SillySeason.com the following players from the small club Leicester currently earns as much as or more than Eriksen (which, afaik, earns the same as Kane):
Schmeichel 40k
Huth 40k
Schlupp 80k
Fuchs 50k
Simpson 35k
Amartey 45k
Kante 55k
Drinkwater 45k
Inler 60k
James 35k
Albrighton 35k
Mahrez 55k
Vardy 80k
Okazaki 60k
Ulloa 50k

Fairytale small club.

I am somewhat more updated on Spurs transfers then i am of EFC, for whatever reason.

West Ham are planning a massive spend on Michy to trump you all ends up. as in 30+million. Whereas you will more likely pay that for Lacazette and Umtiti.

Also little rumour around Liverpool that you have asked LFC for Benteke and Ibe. joint fee - don't know the truth, just pub chat
I'd take Ibe. Benteke can fuck off

He played in that position, definitely not in that role. Schneiderlin isn't a great dribbler, he's not a good water carrier. Schneiderlin is more of a ball winner/passer than he is a ball carrier. Schneiderlin plays much more like Xabi Alonso, he's a very good defender as well as a good passer. He's much more similar to dier than he is Dembele in my opinion.

If we want someone to replace or be a back up for Dembele they need to be able to draw three or four players onto them before they release their pass or make their dribble.
But how many players like Dembele are there ? I d say very few

But how many players like Dembele are there ? I d say very few

There are few players like Dembele, he's very similar to Modric in that sense. But to suggest that we could have one player fill both Dembele and Diers boots should one of them pick up an injury just doesn't fit for me. They bring vastly different things to the club and any player with the talent to cover for either of those players would surely be good enough to take their spot surely.

I think it's harsh to write him off at 20

It's definitely harsh to write him off at 20, but at the same time he seems to remind me a fair bit of Lennon and I just don't think that's the sort of player Poch likes.

I would love to see what Poch could do with him, but I reckon they would want at least 15 Million probably.

How legit is this info?

No idea. But the club has been spending big money (relative to their position) since their current owners came in. They were also against the financial fair play rule.

Check out Total transfer spending since the Thai's came in - Leicester City Forum
Apparantly they were spending so much that the fans were worried about bankruptcy.

The Guardian recently ran a story of seemingly dodgy financial tactics by Leicester, which may be a breech of the FFP rules: Leicester City and the strange finances behind their rise to the Premier League pinnacle

Now, I personally don't care much for the FFP rule myself. Nor do I care if Leicester overspends. I also find it refreshing that they are doing better than the shitty four-five (although frustrating that they are doing better than us, points wise). However, as I said in another thread, I can't stand the bullshit story in media and amongst neutrals about the fairy tale small club without financial power, and how they "deserve to win".

Anyway. This is the wrong thread for this. Sorry for derailing.

James Ward-Prowse, Batshuayi, Umtiti.

I'm happy with those 3. Wouldn't mind Jay Rodriquez though.

Why'd you get Umtiti if he's a left side CB? It has to be our strongest position, if you look at both who plays there and who's his backup.

From the very little I've seen of Bats I'm not convinced. On whoscored.com it says that his weaknesses are aerial duels, offside awareness and defensive contribution. Not sure I like that in a potential backup for Kane, and certainly not for a replacement (if Kane had been moved to a nr 10 role).

Seems to me Lacazette offers more in terms of overall team play, and that Bats is more a pure offside line goalscoring type, akin to the likes of Defoe and Bent. Lacazette can probably play on the wing better than Bats as well.

Ward-Prowse I'd pass on. No thanks. I'd rather Pritchard or Obomah got that spot in the squad.

Back
Top Bottom