Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just came here to post the same thing.

That's very interesting. First time I've ever seen Poch actually name check any of our transfer targets. Including ones that went through the next day!
That's a massive change in behaviour for him. But the quotes are coming from a French radio station? Did he really do this interview?

We don't have many options on the bench and we need to improve there. Apart from Son, we have no one that can do much on the bench. Chadli might get the odd goal but he contributes little else.
Pritchard and N'Jie have been injured essentially all year. They were supposed to be those guys.

Pritchard and N'Jie have been injured essentially all year. They were supposed to be those guys.
N'Jie is still very raw and has missed a lot of time on the training pitch with Poch. I think he'll still be inconsistent next season. It will be a few years before we see him becoming first choice.

Umtiti is predominantly a left sided centre half. He is capable of playing left back but he plays majority of games at centre half.

We have a thing for left sided centre halves don't we?

N'Jie is still very raw and has missed a lot of time on the training pitch with Poch. I think he'll still be inconsistent next season. It will be a few years before we see him becoming first choice.
It's not about first choice, it's about having someone to rotate in that is of the required level. Off the bench, the only attacking players not a significant downgrade on our best line-up right now are Son and Chadli (and Chadli is a matter of some debate for many). N'Jie, if he matches his French form, would be that good, and Pritchard would be the only back-up we potentially have for Eriksen.

Lacazette would be an outstanding signing. I'd prefer him to Batshauyi simply because of his ability to play out wide as well as lead the line.

Doubt we would end up with both.

It's not about first choice, it's about having someone to rotate in that is of the required level. Off the bench, the only attacking players not a significant downgrade on our best line-up right now are Son and Chadli (and Chadli is a matter of some debate for many). N'Jie, if he matches his French form, would be that good, and Pritchard would be the only back-up we potentially have for Eriksen.
N'Jie is very much a work in progress and I haven't seen enough of Pritchard to comment.

Back
Top Bottom