Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very surprised if Son has to fulfill his military obligation especially with his importance to the national football team. There was a baseball player who played in Cleveland named Shin Soo Choo who was exempted for winning Asian Games gold medal. Maybe if there are Koreans on here they can shed more light.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...oo-granted-military-exemption-by-south-korea/
If Son was to win an Olympic Medal with Korea then he would be exempt from completing his military service.

We might get Son simply because none of the ITK predicted it. Those tend to be the best sign we have interest and are close to signing.

Fucking ITK lol. Was it Grey Fox who said Asier and he signed for Sociedad hours later? Lol the SC cumslurping line continues even with such blatant lies being denounced.

Theres something about Borini I have always liked. He was pretty decent out in Roma (our record of signing players from Roma isn't great, I know)

Maybe he doesn't suit Rogers system or wasn't given a chance. The work rate is certainly there to suit our system and he is a striker!

Definitely wouldn't be my first choice but I think he could come good for someone.

Theres something about Borini I have always liked. He was pretty decent out in Roma (our record of signing players from Roma isn't great, I know)

Maybe he doesn't suit Rogers system or wasn't given a chance. The work rate is certainly there to suit our system and he is a striker!

Definitely wouldn't be my first choice but I think he could come good for someone.
I'm done with signings from the Italian league for a while. It has gotten poor enough as a league that I honestly think that it's about on par with signings from the Eredivesie.

Son to take #7 as that's what he had at Leverkusen?

Still leaves a #9 for Berahino. This week is huge.

Lamela, Lennon, Fazio, Ade would raise a modest £30m +

Son, Berahino and a CDM e.g Wanyama would cost £65m....

Our departures have raised £45.89 million.

Our transfers in have cost us £29.40 million.

So our net spend would on the above predictions still only be +£20 million which is a very modest ammount to spend for a club aiming for the top 4.

Alderweireld, Wimmer, Trippier, N'Jie, Son, Berahino and Wanyama replacing some of the shit we've shipped out for £20 million seems unbelievable

If it makes people feel better, I want to say there is a stipulation in South Korea where if you are an influential/important person then you can get out of military service. That is what happened to a South Korean baseball player over here.

Son to take #7 as that's what he had at Leverkusen?

Still leaves a #9 for Berahino. This week is huge.

Son, Berahino and a CDM e.g Wanyama would cost £65m....

Our departures have raised £45.89 million.

Our transfers in have cost us £29.40 million.

So our net spend would on the above predictions still only be +£20 million which is a very modest ammount to spend for a club aiming for the top 4.

Alderweireld, Wimmer, Trippier, N'Jie, Son, Berahino and Wanyama replacing some of the shit we've shipped out for £20 million seems unbelievable

:avbpray:

Lamela was supposed to be a £3 million loan fee for a year, Fazio fee to West Brom or Everton is quoted as £5 million in the press, and we are supposed to be asking £9 million for Lennon. I guess Ade would be a loan, with us maybe still paying part of his wages.

I'm done with signings from the Italian league for a while. It has gotten poor enough as a league that I honestly think that it's about on par with signings from the Eredivesie.

You're kidding me right? Some of the best Premier League players have come from the Eredivesie!

Overmars, Bergkamp, Stam, Cech, Robben, Eriksen, Van Persie, Van Nistlerooy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom