Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can people stop saying, "Not worth 30 mil though"?

It's £22 mil. That probably includes add ons, so I wouldn't be surprised if the fee is 18-20 mil + performance related. This isn't 2005, most decent players are now £20mil+

Yeh if Lamela is going as jimmyriggle jimmyriggle says it covers him leaving and gives us pace but we still need Berahino, Austin whoever to cover Kane.

Furthermore if this is £22 million or whatever we would expect to get around £20 million for Lamela so the whole thing could end up being just and in out. Still need striker and DM so not much changes.

Who was then?
We asked about Ings in spring, Timo Werner in January and July, and Levy went to Monaco about Martial in June. There is a list. We don't know who's on the list. All we know is that it exists, and we've been making offers for players based on their ranking on that list and their availability.

I'm eagerly anticipating the random cunt on twitter to post a picture with Son at the airport with the status: 'Just saw Son land in London!! Asked if he was coming spurs and he replied, "wait and see"!!!(my Korean is very good)'

Is it a bit coincidental that they day we say we are moving on from Berahino we are linked to a £21m move for Son?

As much as I want Son (a hell of a fucking lot) part of me feels this a front to force WBA to play their hand.

So would you guys be happy and content if we get Son instead of Berahino?

I mean, I guess someone is better than no one. And as much as I like Son, it's just another case of getting a PL-unproven foreign striker. Berahino is easily worth a couple more million pounds ahead of Son's price (22 mil) just because he has the PL experience. I just hope that if we do get Son, then it's to replace Lamela and not a Berahino alternative.

Just break the bank, sign both Son and Berahino & a CDM, so we can just explode in joy!

You're using the bulk, number. The rates were different. When you measure it at the rate they produced, Lamela was 150% of Townsend's production, other than goals (which were absolutely atrocious by Lamela).

Either way, if we're signing Son to replace Coco, all my concerns are gone.
I don't understand where the 150% comes from? Even if you just take last year Lamela had 5 goals 8 assists, Townsend had 5 goals 6 assists.

I don't think either of them are good enough but I don't see how you can say Lamela is much superior to Townsend? As i was saying they are almost identical in every sense and not in a good way. I pray that the Son signing is true!

So would you guys be happy and content if we get Son instead of Berahino?

I mean, I guess someone is better than no one. And as much as I like Son, it's just another case of getting a PL-unproven foreign striker. Berahino is easily worth a couple more million pounds ahead of Son's price (22 mil) just because he has the PL experience. I just hope that if we do get Son, then it's to replace Lamela and not a Berahino alternative.

Just break the bank, sign both Son and Berahino & a CDM, so we can just explode in joy!

Always thought we needed another winger. Hopefully this doesn't stop us from adding a true striker.

If we sign Son, maybe Berahino doesn't happen. Maybe they turn to Austin.

Yeh if Lamela is going as jimmyriggle jimmyriggle says it covers him leaving and gives us pace but we still need Berahino, Austin whoever to cover Kane.

Furthermore if this is £22 million or whatever we would expect to get around £20 million for Lamela so the whole thing could end up being just and in out. Still need striker and DM so not much changes.
Not sure if this is the case. Pochettino seems to be trying to do the same system as at Southampton. I think he may use Chadli as the back up striker, with the wingers providing the pace (and more of the shots).

We're only in for Son for the shirt sales... no, not the LUCRATIVE far-eastern market, as some may think... but it's 'cos we had a shed-load of 'S's and 'O's left over after Soldado left...
Can't have them going to waste!
:levyeyes:

(I think i may have already made this joke before!!) :kaneshh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom