Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is believing that one striker is acceptable, we are all pretty annoyed about the matter and want it resolved quickly. The issue we have is the new stadium. The money for the stadium isn't going to come out of nowhere, and for the clubs best interests in regards to the future we need to have the money to support the stadium. A bigger stadium and the deal with the NFL will bring in more money, more sponsorships and attract bigger name players to Tottenham.

We'd all love for Levy and ENIC to go and through £35m left, right and centre at new players, big names and not have to worry about anything, but the fact of the matter is that we can't afford to with new stadium. The last thing we need is for this new stadium to send us into a financial meltdown because we spent £60m on 2 players and got us nowhere.

I honestly believe, and some of you might slate me for this, but once we have the new stadium we will be able to attract the Agueros, Hazards and Bales of the future. But first and foremost we need to start backing a manager instead of sacking him after a poor run of results.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
true. but the new stadium isnt a valid reason for having just 1 striker.

We're only in for Son for the shirt sales... no, not the LUCRATIVE far-eastern market, as some may think... but it's 'cos we had a shed-load of 'S's and 'O's left over after Soldado left...
Can't have them going to waste!
:levyeyes:

(I think i may have already made this joke before!!) :kaneshh:
I believe this is yours
US_Navy_p_coat_wiki.jpg

I don't understand where the 150% comes from? Even if you just take last year Lamela had 5 goals 8 assists, Townsend had 5 goals 6 assists.

I don't think either of them are good enough but I don't see how you can say Lamela is much superior to Townsend? As i was saying they are almost identical in every sense and not in a good way. I pray that the Son signing is true!
It's not about the bulk number. It's about the rate. Lamela produced assists at the rate of 1.5 to every 1 of Townsend's. That's the 150%. It was a bigger difference with key passes and passing in general. In shots, Townsend had more, but Lamela's shooting I've already said was utterly disgraceful.

And I agree entirely that Son would be a better option all-around.

Pritchard close to a loan to Derby? What is this bullshit.
Surely it can't be true...

From recent performances, our young player who tore it up in League 1 (Alli) is already impressing, and now we'll loan out a promising young player from the championship (last year at least) to another championship team?

Bollocks to that... I'd suggest loaning him to a PL side if anything, but we could really do with the cover for Eriksen (as Saturday showed) anyway.

Surely it can't be true...

From recent performances, our young player who tore it up in League 1 (Alli) is already impressing, and now we'll loan out a promising young player from the championship (last year at least) to another championship team?

Bollocks to that... I'd suggest loaning him to a PL side if anything, but we could really do with the cover for Eriksen (as Saturday showed) anyway.
Pritchard is also linked to a season long loan to Norwich..

true. but the new stadium isnt a valid reason for having just 1 striker.
Of course it isn't, I'm not saying it is. My point was that I have seen a lot of people on here complaining that we aren't coughing up for quality players. We will sign another striker, I'm confident of that, but we can't be going around throwing £35m bids for players like people want when we have a new stadium under construction.

http://news.naver.com/sports/index....&mod=read&office_id=241&article_id=0002459123
but this is korean news... and a moment ago

It says "now son is in London for medical"

The result of the google translate for that page ...

[Alone] 獨 journalist "sonheung Tottenham civil right line. Britain has long dreamed of line"

"Sonheung right transfer pity Tottenham. He dreamed of a British line from the old" German football magazine Leverkusen professional journalist's kicker gave out that the fact that Tottenham transfer of the Son Heung-Min (23, Leverkusen). Frank Jerusem 55 journalists kicker 26 nights (Korea Time) days from the sports and e-mail interview, "but the club have the official announcement right Min sonheung going to Tottenham. The fee is € 30 million (410 million) level," he said. Earlier, German and British foreign media, including the kicker is simultaneously "sonheung seeds Tottenham transfer is influential

"Transfer pity Tottenham"... seems about right

:vdvhmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom