Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if I knew that AVB didnt want 4 of the 7 signings he got I might have been less optimistic........
That's right, you didn't know that. As with everything we have no idea what is actually going on behind the scenes.

I've got no problem with people being pissed off at no having a striker yet and expressing it. I'm pissed of and frustrated about it too.

I'm just not going to pretend I'm in a position to know why.

It is possible to be pissed off without having to find someone to blame it on.

DM winger and striker short
DM and striker. Winger would be a bonus but we can hardly claim we are short there.

We're clearly trying to sign a striker. If we have to wait for our primary target and negotiate for him then I'd rather that then panic buy a second rate alternative. Something levy has been criticised for in the past.

Exactly but now I do know.... which is why I believe Levy is ruining our window again
Explain how those two scenarios are connected...the Bale window and this window. What comparison make you think Levy is ruining our window again?

Because this window and that window couldn't be more fucking different! You have no logic to your ranting.

DM and striker. Winger would be a bonus but we can hardly claim we are short there.

We're clearly trying to sign a striker. If we have to wait for our primary target and negotiate for him then I'd rather that then panic buy a second rate alternative. Something levy has been criticised for in the past.

Completely agree. If Poch wants Berahino, then lets get Berahino. Theres clearly a reason why Poch wants him, and his judgement on players has been pretty good in the past.

Of ocurse I'd be happy with Austin, Hernandez or Llorente, but it's about time the club actually got who the manager wants.

So bored of everyone cunting Sammy off for no reason now. He is talking sense. We have made grave errors this window, and have regressed horrendously even just in the period from January last season.
its shocking we have now gone 3 games with 1 striker & yet people are still defending levy over it.
they lose all credibility if they cant even admit he has messed up leaving us with only 1 striker.
id advise u to skim read posters like that.
they just wont accept levy has messed up.
let them believe having 1 striker is acceptable.

its shocking we have now gone 3 games with 1 striker & yet people are still defending levy over it.
they lose all credibility if they cant even admit he has messed up leaving us with only 1 striker.

Are people actually saying 1 striker is acceptable?

Explain how those two scenarios are connected...the Bale window and this window. What comparison make you think Levy is ruining our window again?

Because this window and that window couldn't be more fucking different! You have no logic to your ranting.

My logic is that I have no blind faith in Levy to strengthen the team this window or next.....

Again. Have we strengthened with the Bale money? Did we strengthen?
Are we stronger for selling Bale and replacing him with 7 players?

The short answer is no.
why do people lie & say no one was disappointed with the signings at the time?
7 players who never had played in the premiership was stupid.

lamela was a big gamble & looked unsuited to this league. crazy signing.
soldado didnt suit our system at all.
capoue, vlad & chadli id never heard of so didnt know what to expect.

eriksen looked good in the few ajax games i saw.
paulinho i saw a couple of times for brazil & he did look good. i was hopeful with him. but based on just a couple of games in south america.

paulinho i saw a couple of times for brazil & he did look good. i was hopeful with him. but based on just a couple of games in south america.
absolute shit and I bet you voiced those concerns at the time yeh
jlaw-okay.gif

I don't think anyone is believing that one striker is acceptable, we are all pretty annoyed about the matter and want it resolved quickly. The issue we have is the new stadium. The money for the stadium isn't going to come out of nowhere, and for the clubs best interests in regards to the future we need to have the money to support the stadium. A bigger stadium and the deal with the NFL will bring in more money, more sponsorships and attract bigger name players to Tottenham.

We'd all love for Levy and ENIC to go and through £35m left, right and centre at new players, big names and not have to worry about anything, but the fact of the matter is that we can't afford to with new stadium. The last thing we need is for this new stadium to send us into a financial meltdown because we spent £60m on 2 players and got us nowhere.

I honestly believe, and some of you might slate me for this, but once we have the new stadium we will be able to attract the Agueros, Hazards and Bales of the future. But first and foremost we need to start backing a manager instead of sacking him after a poor run of results.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Because hardly anybody was disappointed with them. Lamela was one of the highest rated young prospects in Europe at the time, even getting called up for Argentina. Soldado was coming off the back of a 24 league goal season. Christian Eriksen was another highly rated player who many people had been aware of for many years.

Paulinho looked a good player in the Copa America and looked very similar to Frank Lampard. Capoue looked like a player who could come in and sit in front of the defense while Paulinho bombed forward.

Vlad looks a pretty good player for Romania and he was cheap. And for the most part he always looked a neat player, just lacked the mental abilities needed for the Prem.

Chadli looked like he was in the bottom 3 of the signings. A decent inside forward with moderate height and pace. A decent finish on him but nothing exceptional. His best attribute seems to be how two footed he is, but he seems to have good link up and when he is on form, he will get goals. Sadly if he is off form he will disappear.

All in all, without having all of the hindsight we have now, that's a good crop of players.

absolute shit and I bet you voiced those concerns at the time yeh
jlaw-okay.gif
well belive what u want.
i thought they were all world class signings.
is that better?

why would i lie? to impress u lot?!
id say if i thought they were all amazing.
dont care if i was wrong in the end.

jesus u have some ego if u think like that.

must not be wrong on a forum.

il do it now for our signings so far. so u can screencapture it for future reference.

wimmer, njie iv never seen.
tripper. decent back up to walker.
toby. i really like. if he ends up being crap then il go hang myself because i was wrong on a forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom