Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you been misspelling Kramer on purpose? Because it's been driving me barmy this past week.

7448435.gif

I have not. It has been an honest mistake.

Apologies. It is a difficult one to spell.

These itks are getting worse and worse each year. They're all basically 'we have money, we'll buy someone, people will still leave, don't believe the media.' No shit sherlock, we better be bringing two or more in. I want names goddammit. JJetsets itk on SC today can basically be summarized 'looking at berahino, difficult, but an option.' I could've told anybody that that was true months ago. Ridiculous.
Surely you don't mean that sports journalists... are....... making a living off stating the obvious?

kLl9WqU.gif

Hilarious thing is the likes of JJ etset jump on the bandwagon as soon as a player is heavily linked. Why didn't he mention berahinio months ago? Surely we havent just been looking at him. The ITK on that Spurs community website are full of shit. Say anything against them and it's like a lynch mob are after you. They are all so precious over there about the supposed ITK it's pathetic. I much prefer this site where you can actually express your opinion without some dick head trying to ban you. Plus the moderators at SC are cunts!!!!

Interested in the disagrees, who thinks we weren't nackered and exposed in CM countless times last year? Who thinks Paulinho and Capoue were any better? Who thinks Stambouli was Poch's player? Seems as many tip the scales to balance a pro-Poch argument as any anti/sceptical-Poch side.
Hi Simmo, excellent comments on Benji.

I wouldn't concern yourself about my disagrees. Most/the vast majority of them are a childish waste of cyberspace from various members of my 'fan club'.
Clearly, there was some sort of problem with who/why signed Stambouli.

Fact is, he is a decent player, ill-used by Spurs, who has now the chance to prove his worth in the CL and with a title-challenging team.

Oh god, now we're on 'top teams'. Are we a top team? I think we are, but I don't really know. :harryhmm:
We all can agree that we only want top players at Spurs. There's a growing consensus that to be a top player you have to have shown that you can be great at a top team. We're not completely sure that we are quite a top team. Therefore, we shouldn't want a player even if he is going to bang home goals left and right for us, unless and until he has proven he could do it at an undeniably top team.

I've always been good at logic puzzles.
:dembele:

How many good players score goals for a less-than-average team, then get found out when they make the move up a level?

Soldado was Valencia's main man, when they were an excellent club domestically and playing in Europe.

Of course that makes him a more established player. A player scoring 25 goals in League One would not make that player as good as Aguero scoring 25 in the Premier League.

Top players/strikers prove it at top teams. Soldado has done that.Phillips, Bent and Edwards did not.

Charlie Austin isn't a top player. I want to see him do it at the top level. QPR are not that level. It's much easier in a team where you're the big fish and the play is geared solely around you.

I'm sorry but your argument holds no weight.

valencia are basically the Spanish equivalent of us....if they're a top team then so are we. the question must then be asked..if that's how you determine top players (i'm going by exactly what you're saying in regards to determining who is a top player) then why didn't he "prove it here"?

In reality both us and valencia are 'good team' and he scored goals for one whilst failing miserably at another. He was at a "top team" though...real madrid where they deemed him not good enough and sold him.

Ok, apologies for that, but you have since defined it.

Yes, I thought Kevin Phillips was a top player.

I never saw Jimmy Greaves play, but I read a quote from Bill Nick when asked by a reporter about Greaves' work rate and he said "I agree, he did nothing all game except score those two goals". Top player? probably.

this is a perfectly reasonable post and whilst i disagree, i see your point.

I have not. It has been an honest mistake.

Apologies. It is a difficult one to spell.
You fucking northerners and your lack of schooling...:avbnaa:

Fact is, he is a decent player, ill-used by Spurs, who has now the chance to prove his worth in the CL and with a title-challenging team.
Fact is, he has been signed by PSG to help them meet their HG quota, not because he is some gem that has slipped through our fingers. I thought he was decent when he played for us, but you're making it seem like we've sold Bale for £4m.

Anyone watch much of Mario Gomez last year? He wants out apparently.

Never convinced of him myself.

He was a massive flop at Fiorentina and we are desperately trying to unload his disproportionate wage (since we didn't make the CL we just cannot afford).
I think he can get his act together again in a different club, in Florence he seems doomed... first the injuries, then his form never recovered...
He is headed to Besiktas, they say.

How many possible CM's do we actually have?

Dembele, Mason, Bentaleb, Deli, possibly that Serbian kid (too lazy to look up his name tbh), Onomah, Carol. Am I missing anyone?

That's 7 CM's. Presuming Carol leaves, Onomah still youth/loan, Serbian kid loan or minor role, we're left with 5. Would be funny if we don't buy any midfielder, but wouldn't surprise me.

I'm sorry but your argument holds no weight.

valencia are basically the Spanish equivalent of us....if they're a top team then so are we. the question must then be asked..if that's how you determine top players (i'm going by exactly what you're saying in regards to determining who is a top player) then why didn't he "prove it here"?

In reality both us and valencia are 'good team' and he scored goals for one whilst failing miserably at another. He was at a "top team" though...real madrid where they deemed him not good enough and sold him.
No they are not. During Soldado's time there they consistently finished 3rd. That is not similar to us.

Soldado was scoring goals in one of the best 3 teams in one of Europe's strongest leagues, for three seasons consistently.

You compared that to Marcus Stewart and James Beattie.

I don't know why he hasn't proved it here. Why did Torres turn shit? Who knows. But the point is, he was a top class player in his Valencia days. Sure, Real Madrid let him go, a team in the top 1% of clubs in world football. Hardly a barometer to say whether he's good or not.

Anyway, I'm bored of this Soldado shit - we're all going fucking crazy - when's this fucking Audi Cup again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom