Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, people are really lauding this.
That's why app. oh let's say EVERYONE talks about what top CDM we're gonna bring in. :adethumbup:

Funny how I had edited it, knowing that someone would start getting hysterical over the word lauding. And look who popped up like a bitch on charlie.

I changed it to "are people really up for this", to make it a little less stressful for the more wide eyed among us.

The last line of your post made no sense to me to be honest. Drivel.

Funny how I had edited it, knowing that someone would start getting hysterical over the word lauding. And look who popped up like a bitch on charlie.

I changed it to "are people really up for this", to make it a little less stressful for the more wide eyed among us.

The last line of your post made no sense to me to be honest. Drivel.

How does "up for it" change the context? You're still - again - creating an enemy to slaughter. But he's not there. None of us wants Mason as no 1 and Alli no 2.

Oh I'm sorry, English ain't my first language, so perhaps the irony was lost on you.
Everyone talks about what potential (preferably top class) CDM we'll sign, so why on earth would you believe they're "up for it" with Mason/Alli. Drivel^2

"Bitch on charlie" - stay classy. Bitch.

Kane will bang in 30 goals every season now
This is a worry - he has set the bar very high for himself, and it would be daft to assume that this is the norm. He did look isolated at the end of last season, and I would love to see him play with a goalscoring No 10 - although where we find one of those I haven't a clue.

This is a worry - he has set the bar very high for himself, and it would be daft to assume that this is the norm. He did look isolated at the end of last season, and I would love to see him play with a goalscoring No 10 - although where we find one of those I haven't a clue.
Easy, don't ask Eriksen to play more than 2800 minutes by using Mason or Onomah to cover for him. Problem solved.

Yeah I thought of Eriksen, but the left of the AM 3 seems to be where he's going to play. Take your point though.
He could be there, at this point I'm no longer sure of anything. We don't have a new CM, or a LW, or a back-up striker. Not to say that we won't, but if the club feels that there's nothing out there, then we'll have to look within ourselves. If that happens, I can see Eriksen remaining as the 10, with any of Chadli, Pritchard, Townsend or Oduwa to the left of him. Or, he could be on the left with who knows as the 10. Either way, we will complain, so I guess it won't really matter.

He could be there, at this point I'm no longer sure of anything. We don't have a new CM, or a LW, or a back-up striker. Not to say that we won't, but if the club feels that there's nothing out there, then we'll have to look within ourselves. If that happens, I can see Eriksen remaining as the 10, with any of Chadli, Pritchard, Townsend or Oduwa to the left of him. Or, he could be on the left with who knows as the 10. Either way, we will complain, so I guess it won't really matter.
I like the idea of him at 10, but others have pointed out that his best performances have come from the left, and I can't really argue against that.

I think the rush to get a proper DM is understandable. Bentaleb is a beast, Mason ain't bad at all and by all accounts Alli may have the talent to be better than both Bentaleb and Mason, that kid is exceptional.

However if you look at last season, Bentaleb for all his great performances looked like he was on a leash with no proper DM next to him. The odd thing is if we get say McCarthy, it could easily turn out that Alli is the better footballer but we keep with McCarthy because of his tactical discipline.

tumblr_n0hnqiSqiG1stof7fo1_500.gif

I like the idea of him at 10, but others have pointed out that his best performances have come from the left, and I can't really argue against that.

Eriksen's issue is that he is easily bullied, in the centre he gets beat up, when Eriksen is played on the left and say a strong player like Dembele is in the centre Eriksen looks far more free IMO anyway.

Yeah, but I'm not sure if that's him being on the left, or Dembele dropping deeper when the 10 to make a stronger midfield, and then giving him more to work with. It's not like any of our front 4 ever bother sticking to their "positions" anyway...

Hence my original point about Kane.

Last season people used to have a go at Mason sometimes but I always felt that the team structure was weakest around the attacking 3. Eriksen is not suited to the centre, Townsend presses badly and Chadli can be lazy.

We looked most balanced in my view when we had Eriksen on the left, Dembele in the middle and Lamela on the right both in terms of pressing and supporting Kane. I don't know its a hard one.

Something obviously happened behind close doors. We don't know we can only speculate. My theory is he didn't buy into what was going on and refused/was incapable to adapt.
I mean, like everyone says, there are players that have been given a chance and you have to ask your self why this is. He's younger than Mason, so it's not his age is it.
We just don't know. Just saying we fucked up and Poch didn't like him is bollocks.
I didn't see nay other EPL clubs come running in for a player that was fucking awesome but we couldn't see it, bar newly promoted Watford.
I suggest PSG have bought him to ramp up their HG. If he walks straight into their midfield and plays consistently is still to be seen.
They have Verratti, Matuidi, Motta, Rabiot and Pastore and even Cabaye didn't get much time. Unless they see Benji as a long term replacement for Motta.
He will suit their style better, where its ball retention and slower.
These things happen.

Brad pretty much said it in that interview: That it's not acceptable anymore to moan about the manager behind his back to directors and board.

And thank fuck for that. Finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom