Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Sammy - I meant fair enough in an 'agree to disagree' sense. The contradiction was in saying Poch doesn't assure players of anything, and the quote assuring that no one is guaranteed game time. I don't know - obviously - but Poch strikes me as the sort of manager that would say if you work hard in training, and accept what I'm trying to do, you will get a chance. Of course just speculation on my part.
Fair enough

Last edited:
Sorry Sammy - I meant fair enough in an 'agree to disagree' sense. The contradiction was in saying Poch doesn't assure players of anything, and the quote assuring that no one is guaranteed game time. I don't know - obviously - but Poch strikes me as the sort of manager that would say if you work hard in training, and accept what I'm trying to do, you will get a chance. Of course just speculation on my part.
Thats a fair call: Poch does come across as a hard task master but will give you a go!
Lets hope that is the case this season and we get top 4

Stop fighting guys. I saw some itk on BBC today. Doesn't regard us. But still, reminds me that we aren't the only one with hilarious sources.

And the club will not sign Pole Robert Lewandowski, 26, either, according to former Manchester United youth player Markus Neumayr. (Daily Star)

When he scored against Everton the stadium went nuts. We were so happy for him, I think he might even have said he was close to tears.

Really like Bobby, and still have that inkling that he just might have a good season.....

.....at Valencia.

I think he can smash it this year.

I've said it before but it was IMO opinion AVBs inverted winger system has robbed him of his confidence. Playing up top on his own with no service game after game was the death of him.

Still think he is a top player who was starved of service for nigh on a year which resulted in the player we see today; think he has every chance of turning it around.

Just for the record, I asked for Benji to play time and again last season, and complained many a time about Poch not using him. To say otherwise is either careless, a lack of paying attention, or a loaded agenda. No surprise if any or all of the above are correct in some cases:thumbup:

So often last season our midfield was being run through at will, and we were crying out for a player like Benji, but no, he wasn't 'Poch's player', so he didn't use him.

Well now he's gone to a bigger club, playing CL football, and challenging for League honours, and doubtless under Poch we'll be scrabbling around trying to get that coveted Europa League spot.

As I say I'm glad for Benji, he's well out of a club that bought and then disregarded him.

Interested in the disagrees, who thinks we weren't nackered and exposed in CM countless times last year? Who thinks Paulinho and Capoue were any better? Who thinks Stambouli was Poch's player? Seems as many tip the scales to balance a pro-Poch argument as any anti/sceptical-Poch side.

Some people agree with Greavsie on the stadium, some agree with him on Levy but surely you boys can have a long good look in the mirror now he is coming up with this Stambouli nonsense, if you are thinking same as him I feel sorry for you, just like my stubborn old man getting hung up on something that does not even exist

That's right Poch deliberately picks teams to lose

Hang on a minute, the Poch that 'signs players to train not to play' ? That's the quote people are strangely impressed by in the past few days.

With the Stambouli thing you have to be either blaming Levy or blaming Poch. Shifting a player inside a year who didn't play that much is somebody's cock-up. Not getting Schneiderlin or a suitable alternative is just part of the same cock-up or, Poch not using him or giving him a chance was the bigger issue - it's one or the other. Fuck me he wasn't that bad and we were shattered in that area at times.

Lamela is allowed 3 years at 5x the price, why is that ok? Because he's young? Because we're Stuck with him, trying to save face and a big loss more like. Not his fault? Well not Stambouli's fault then so why not wish him well.

A Champions League, trophy challenging, rich club have given him a 5yr deal.....

So far it seems to me like if a player isn't prepared to train like an iron man and then tear around in a system devoid of plan b covering more ground than all of their league peers for more games than them as well, that even being Messi-skilled and Bale-paced doesn't necessarily mean you'll play if you're not 'Poch's player'. He's the boss so fine, IF it works. More time and real backing is required.

Youngsters are a good cop-out under this regime, they improve because most improve to some level at that stage when under full time coaching and having to raise their game. They do as they're told more as they're kids and want their chance, particularly likely to play-ball if it accelerates getting that chance and, when it doesn't work out...well they're just kids, they're tired, it's not their or the manager's fault, we're building for the future and all that.

Have faith but don't have blind faith.

I've said it before but it was IMO opinion AVBs inverted winger system has robbed him of his confidence. Playing up top on his own with no service game after game was the death of him.

Still think he is a top player who was starved of service for nigh on a year which resulted in the player we see today; think he has every chance of turning it around.

Still think he's a top player? what? he was never a top player.
He's managed 3 open play league goals for us in 2 seasons. I would be disgusted if a league 2 striker that cost 1k managed that amount but a 26m striker? it's utterly unforgivable and a totally embarrassing record.

I used to be a regular on GG and posted at the time of the signing that he would flop immensely and the highlight youtube clips are not a true reflection of his 'talents' (or lack of). I gave him a pass for the first half of the 13/14 season because AVB played a brand of football that clearly didn't suit him but after that? jeez the chances he misses...it's incredible really.

Sky Sports...

SPURS TARGET NJIE

Tottenham have reportedly launched a £7million move for Lyon's highly-rated Cameroon international forward Clinton Njie.

Second time i've seen us be linked with this guy.

Hang on a minute, the Poch that 'signs players to train not to play' ? That's the quote people are strangely impressed by in the past few days.

With the Stambouli thing you have to be either blaming Levy or blaming Poch. Shifting a player inside a year who didn't play that much is somebody's cock-up. Not getting Schneiderlin or a suitable alternative is just part of the same cock-up or, Poch not using him or giving him a chance was the bigger issue - it's one or the other. Fuck me he wasn't that bad and we were shattered in that area at times.

Lamela is allowed 3 years at 5x the price, why is that ok? Because he's young? Because we're trying to save face and a big loss more like.

So far it seems to me like if a player isn't prepared to train like an iron man and then tear around in a system devoid of plan b covering more ground than all of their league peers for more games than them as well, that even being Messi-skilled and Bale-paced doesn't necessarily mean you'll play if you're not 'Poch's player'. He's the boss so fine, IF it works. More time and real backing is required.

Youngsters are a good cop-out under this regime, they improve because most improve to some level at that stage when under full time coaching and having to raise their game. They do as they're told more as they're kids and want their chance, particularly likely to play-ball if it accelerates getting that chance and, when it doesn't work out...well they're just kids, they're tired, it's not their or the manager's fault, we're building for the future and all that.

Have faith but don't have blind faith.

I think Simmo with Stambouli it was same as Holtby but just over a lot shorter period, he just wasn't good enough

Yes at times that midfield was totally cream crackered and if you want to say Poch got something wrong I would have put Dembele in there more so we could recycle and hold the ball for longer periods, Benji sadly just did not look the part

Still think he's a top player? what? he was never a top player.
He's managed 3 open play league goals for us in 2 seasons. I would be disgusted if a league 2 striker that cost 1k managed that amount but a 26m striker? it's utterly unforgivable and a totally embarrassing record.

I used to be a regular on GG and posted at the time of the signing that he would flop immensely and the highlight youtube clips are not a true reflection of his 'talents' (or lack of). I gave him a pass for the first half of the 13/14 season because AVB played a brand of football that clearly didn't suit him but after that? jeez the chances he misses...it's incredible really.

Never a top player? How daft are you?

He was the main striker and topscorer for Valencia, who came 3rd two seasons in a row while he was there, only beaten by Real and Barca.

He scored 17, 18 and 24 league goals in the three seasons there.

Fuck me.

He arrived one manager too late. Perfect for a counter-attacking style similar to what Spurs would sometimes do under Redknapp. Not at all suited to a possession-based approach against a set-defence with no space to work.

Plenty are happy enough to chuck in kids with no experience whatsoever.
I'd rather give youth a chance than watch some washed-up failed Brazilian slurp £60,000+ a week from our bank.

He failed at AC, in a league that was at a particularly low point at that time. There is no way that lad would make it in the Prem.

Just another name people get attached to because 12 years ago we were told he was the next big thing.

He's tried. He's failed. He's back in Brazil. Leave him there.

Worse than all 3 of our current strikers at the moment. I'd rather have Chadli up front.

Hernandez would be a waste of time. Looked totally out of sorts at Real, and has looked unfit for a long time.

I would rather play with a corner flag through the middle.

*edit: Corner flag> Soldado also.
His lack of consistent playing time at United has not doubt contributed to his lack of fitness.

Think he could do a job for us. Seems to have great instinct in and around the box, works hard and would get a good number of games for us in a long season.

Maybe we're the step down he needs. Utd and Real Madrid are hardly the best places for a lad to try and breakthrough.

2 days ago, disagrees with my post that we need signings and cant rely on kids.
Fucking scenes

Also this

And this

dog-chasing-tail.jpg

I don't expect us to spend £20 million+. I expect us to sign someone better than Moses. I expect us to sign a striker and a midfielder, hopefully good ones. That's it.

The bickering really is out in force today. We really need that MLS All-Star game to hurry up so we can have something substantive to fight over. Re-hashing other threads in here out of laziness just isn't going to cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom