Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont see how we could get bentenke. come & play back up to kane. u know u want to! i think kane limits who we can get upfront. someone like ings or austin probably the best we can hope for. but even they might not be happy to play back up to kane

Seriously. Id hav kane 10, eriksen 11 and a new rw and fwd. ings with kane off wld be realistic, hard working and contagious. Also, itd save wasting 15m+ on a risk whos never been to england on holiday, never mind on a contract. Also, (tin hat on here) id hav no problem with a george graham being hired to literally walk the defenders thru their roles like two yr olds. Who gives a shit who hes associated with.

when I get 20 mins at work this week, on some crap conference call or something I will come up with my transfer decision tree
FN996QEH3QF9682.LARGE.jpg

i dont see how we could get bentenke. come & play back up to kane. u know u want to! i think kane limits who we can get upfront. someone like ings or austin probably the best we can hope for. but even they might not be happy to play back up to kane

What if we got a player who can literally slot in at all the positions upfront. Who might that be... I have no clue, but a youngish striker with talent coming in to play second fiddle to Kane won't seem too enticing. I'm still holding out hope we can somehow sign Memphis Depay and have him buy into what we are trying to do here. Highly unlikely, but dreaming is good.

OUT
Soldado
Paulinho
Adebayor
Kaboul
Chiricheș
Capoue
Lennon
Holtby

IN
Alderweireld
Wimmer
Ings/Austin
Konoplyanka
Depay

If Poch sticks to 4-2-3-1 with inverted wingers then I can't see Lennon getting any game time. Add to that the rumoured stuff about the dressing room rebellion and it doesn't look like he's part of the team any more. Shift him off to Everton, he was so happy when we put him on loan there.
:lennon:

If Poch sticks to 4-2-3-1 with inverted wingers then I can't see Lennon getting any game time. Add to that the rumoured stuff about the dressing room rebellion and it doesn't look like he's part of the team any more. Shift him off to Everton, he was so happy when we put him on loan there.
:lennon:
Yeah, I saw the photo, but he's hardly the worst player in our squad. Things have haven't exactly improved since he went.

Yeah, I saw the photo, but he's hardly the worst player in our squad. Things have haven't exactly improved since he went.

One of the reasons why I was glad to see him loaned was because I hoped that it then would allow Poch and company to focus on Lamela more and thus give him some more game-time.

Sadly, even with Lennon out of the picture, poor Lamela still barely gets any minutes.

One of the reasons why I was glad to see him loaned was because I hoped that it then would allow Poch and company to focus on Lamela more and thus give him some more game-time.

Sadly, even with Lennon out of the picture, poor Lamela still barely gets any minutes.
Fair enough, but the idea that Lennon was shot was daft IMO. It's another personality thing - as proven by Lamela's absence.

OUT
Soldado
Paulinho
Adebayor
Kaboul
Chiricheș
Capoue
Lennon
Holtby

IN
Alderweireld
Wimmer
Ings/Austin
Konoplyanka
Depay
This i pretty much agree with except with your strategy -
1. One of Ade / Soldado to stay unless we get that striker/winger from Lyon - we will need 3 strikers.
2. Can't see Depay coming, there has been talk about that Ayew (excuse spelling - ex french league) is more our salary cap.
3. Would like another STRONG CM with goals - eg Sissoko from Newc United.
4. Throw in either Townie/Lamela as an out.

One of Ade / Soldado to stay

I'd rather keep Ade than Soldado. He may have the wrong attitude and isn't a consistent performer, but Bobby is sadly just a no-hoper. He's had the time and the starts to prove himself, but it's just not happening. When he got subbed on the the cup final I knew the game was over for us. Add to that the difficulty of getting anyone to take Ade off us with the wages he's on, and I feel we're better keeping him as our back-up striker. Who'd you rather keep?

As for a third striker, with Ings and Austin I think our chances of signing either depend on whether they personally value playing for a big club over being guaranteed starters.

So why would you want to keep him?

I don't, but if we have to keep one of them till we've got other reliable striking options, then he's the one who's proved that he can, at times at least, give us goals. Soldado has consistency, it's just unfortunate that he's consistently wank. For whatever reasons, he doesn't fit and isn't going to be the striker we need, and we should cash in while he's still worth a five-figure sum.

I don't, but if we have to keep one of them till we've got other reliable striking options, then he's the one who's proved that he can, at times at least, give us goals. Soldado has consistency, it's just unfortunate that he's consistently wank. For whatever reasons, he doesn't fit and isn't going to be the striker we need, and we should cash in while he's still worth a five-figure sum.
£99,000

I dont agree that soldado is consistently wank, unlike ade he contributes when he doesnt score. He plays reasonably well on the deck with ball at his feet, and he always makes runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom