Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
They wonder why the EPL is full of Foreign players and yet we see the transfers of 19year old Luke Shaw go for £30m, llalana go for £25m, Andy Carroll £35m... It's a joke and if anyone wonders why clubs bring in foreign players then this should highlight it.

It's no good these wankers on the FA moaning about the influx of Foreign players when they sit back and watch deals like this go through.
The World Cup squad was heavily made up of ManUtd and Liverpool players, the two clubs who are willing to pay stupid money for average English players..
Madness !
Well england produce 1 good player for every thousand that come through, whereas other countries probably have secret government labs for mixing potions.
I imagine argentinas attack were born like powerpuff girls.
They wanted one forward(sugar, spice and everything nice) but there were some mixup so they got messi,agüero and higuain.
England got andy carroll, welbeck and agbonlahor.

For that exact reason.. Welbeck realistically is worth about 10-12m but because he's English, he would go for £20m.
The mentality is, he's an English international so lets double the price... but after the shambles of a World Cup it should be, work out his realistic price then half it...
Sturridge left for £12m and I think he was worth every single penny. If Welbeck really wants to leave, as Sturridge wanted, he might join us for a comparable price.

Sturridge left for £12m and I think he was worth every single penny. If Welbeck really wants to leave, as Sturridge wanted, he might join us for a comparable price.

Welbeck might happen

He's been spotted asking Holtby, Crouch and Modric about spurs

Hey-Arnold-620x350.jpg

Valbuena would be a very nice signing IMO, I can imagine he's be available for under £10m out wide or or centrally he can reduce the creative burden on Eriksen while providing his own goal threat.

Gomis is a really good singing for Swansea. Wouldn't mind if we snapped him up for free. Let's hope Levy is after Bony.

I've watched a lot of French football and never been that impressed with him, there's a good reason why he's gone to Swansea on a free and not to a club with bigger ambitions.

That is fucking shameful. Not only should a club never stand between a player and representing his country in competitive matches barring health issues, but that essentially seeks to deflect the blame on Suarez for his actions.

Clubs can't deny players for international matches, unless they're friendlies.

Why do we need him?
We have Lamela and Chadli

Who in 33 league games between them, scored all of one goal. That may be fixed under Poch, but there's no guarantee (nor is there necessarily Kono or another would, but the chances improve with another addition).

Also, two first choice wingers, if that's all you want to lump in, is insufficient with the physical demands of a four-front season in the modern game, and especially at one of the most-oft injured positions on the pitch. That's not enough.

And third and finally, we have zero players who actually prefer and are comfortable on the left. Not one refer to it as their best position. That's a problem. It'd be one thing if they were getting it done out there anyway both offensively and defensively, but they're not.

Last edited:
Rofl. What a ridiculous statement.

Sadly a lot of Spurs fans on here are deluded, you'd think Lamela had a blistering start to the season then just happened to pick up a niggling injury when it's far from the case. Reminds me of last summer where I was adamant that Paulinho was a bad signing but instead got laughed at because he had a semi-decent Confed cup run but when he signed he was another anonymous big money flop trying to make sure he didn't get injured for the world cup whilst flirting with Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom