Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Clash Joe Clash

joey it seems you have recovered from your recent meltdown...congrats..

im currently looking to get tickets for the france game...been quoted everywhere from 1000 pounds to upwards of 4000...FML
Thanks mate. It was a set of unusual circumstances, but the responsibility was all mine. From this end it looks like one of the best World Cup's ever. Follow, follow. :adestare:

The thought of Bony leading the line with Konoplyanka, Eriksen and Lamela behind him.

adamhm_zpsedf071a1.jpg

I really liked what I saw from him in the Iran game in particular. By the account of ITK, it does seem that we're at least looking at him. However, he doesn't have a great disciplinary record as someone pointed out on SC. In 28 performances in all competitions, he received 11 yellows and 3 reds (two of those soft). It's possible Poch could get him to chill, but he's also at a club with an academy of coaches renowned for their individual development coaching.

If this is a problem at this stage (24) and with coaches proven in player development, I'm not sure how he'd fare under the increased pressure of the Prem. This could very well be why such a versatile and talented player is still playing at Sporting Lisbon at 24 years old and only made his jump to Europe through Russia.

Fair point actually, the other thing that i have noticed with him is that he is very one footed, the rabona in his own penalty box against BiH was ridiculous.

Due to his height though he can fill in at CB which may come in handy

Joe Clash Joe Clash

joey it seems you have recovered from your recent meltdown...congrats..

im currently looking to get tickets for the france game...been quoted everywhere from 1000 pounds to upwards of 4000...FML
Thats insane mate. Watch it in a bar or something. I'd understand if it was OZ or something, but that's crazy, unless you have a bit of French in you - in which case, it's worth every penny.

Fair point actually, the other thing that i have noticed with him is that he is very one footed, the rabona in his own penalty box against BiH was ridiculous.

Due to his height though he can fill in at CB which may come in handy

That clearance has actually been used by several of his critics to point out why Europe's bigger clubs shouldn't be chasing him. They've pointed to his game intelligence quite a bit as a problem, and judging by that shitty card ratio I'm inclined to give those quips some stock.

That clearance has actually been used by several of his critics to point out why Europe's bigger clubs shouldn't be chasing him. They've pointed to his game intelligence quite a bit as a problem, and judging by that shitty card ratio I'm inclined to give those quips some stock.

Still if argentina pick him consistently then he can't be horrible, we'll se what happens ey. Wouldn't mind either way

They wonder why the EPL is full of Foreign players and yet we see the transfers of 19year old Luke Shaw go for £30m, llalana go for £25m, Andy Carroll £35m... It's a joke and if anyone wonders why clubs bring in foreign players then this should highlight it.

It's no good these wankers on the FA moaning about the influx of Foreign players when they sit back and watch deals like this go through.
The World Cup squad was heavily made up of ManUtd and Liverpool players, the two clubs who are willing to pay stupid money for average English players..
Madness !

They wonder why the EPL is full of Foreign players and yet we see the transfers of 19year old Luke Shaw go for £30m, llalana go for £25m, Andy Carroll £35m... It's a joke and if anyone wonders why clubs bring in foreign players then this should highlight it.

It's no good these wankers on the FA moaning about the influx of Foreign players when they sit back and watch deals like this go through.
The World Cup squad was heavily made up of ManUtd and Liverpool players, the two clubs who are willing to pay stupid money for average English players..
Madness !
Unfortunately you're right. Some days ago I was moaning about the lack of British transfers but I don't want our club spending that much money on players like Shaw or Lallana. I mean I won't have any problem with Lallana coming in for € 20 million or so but Liverpool seem to be paying € 30 million, money that could be spent on two Eriksens :eriksenlip:
The only thing I don't understand is why people don't want Welbeck if he wants to leave. He's quite comparable to Sturridge when he was at Chelsea, a fast striker with a good technique and maybe some sloppy finishing unhappy about playing as winger. But still a good, young talented British player who might leave for a good price due to his unhappiness. In my eyes a superb potential signing...

Unfortunately you're right. Some days ago I was moaning about the lack of British transfers but I don't want our club spending that much money on players like Shaw or Lallana. I mean I won't have any problem with Lallana coming in for € 20 million or so but Liverpool seem to be paying € 30 million, money that could be spent on two Eriksens :eriksenlip:
The only thing I don't understand is why people don't want Welbeck if he wants to leave. He's quite comparable to Sturridge when he was at Chelsea, a fast striker with a good technique and maybe some sloppy finishing unhappy about playing as winger. But still a good, young talented British player who might leave for a good price due to his unhappiness. In my eyes a superb potential signing...

For that exact reason.. Welbeck realistically is worth about 10-12m but because he's English, he would go for £20m.
The mentality is, he's an English international so lets double the price... but after the shambles of a World Cup it should be, work out his realistic price then half it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom