Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...u-Lukaku-tells-Chelsea-he-wants-to-leave.html
Quotes for the lazy:
“You know Chelsea, every year they buy a new top striker,” said Lukaku. “I remember me coming into the dressing room last year and seeing Samuel Eto’o and Demba Ba and going, ‘Whoah! What’s happening here?’
“But no problem. Many clubs are interested in me. At this stage, I have to look to myself. I have to play a good World Cup. That’s very interesting for all the players looking for a transfer. And I must be one of them. Chelsea know my point of view.”

EDIT: Fake quotes supposedly, disregard:paulinhofacepalm:

Last edited:
I want to stay in the Premier League! Tom Ince REJECTS Inter Milan move
TOM INCE is set to decide between a move to Tottenham, Everton and Newcastle after deciding to stay in the Premier League next season.
By: Ben Jefferson
Published: Fri, June 6, 2014

467831465-480701.jpg
Tom Ince looks set to stay in England[GETTY]

Ince appeared close to following in father Paul's footsteps by joining Inter Milan but has now decided against the move.

He said: "After lengthy discussions with my family I have decided that my immediate future in the game lies in the Premier League.

"I am flattered to have received such strong interest from several big European clubs. But I believe at this early stage of my career I need to continue my football education in England.

"I would like to thank the clubs overseas for their interest and kindness. I still have ambitions to one day play in Europe.

167069.jpg
Tom Ince is not ready to follow in the footsteps of father Paul [GETTY]

After lengthy discussions with my family I have decided that my immediate future in the game lies in the Premier League.

Tom Ince

"I am now looking forward to what lies ahead next season."

Ince can move abroad for free, but any club keen to keep him in England may have to pay up to £5m in compensation to Blackpool.

Stoke, Swansea and Hull have all previously been linked with a move for Ince and could revive their interest in light of the news.

It now remains to be seen which Premier League club acts quickest to snap up the England Under-21 winger ahead of next season.

Young, English, high profile, FREE - thats got Levy written all over it.

Romelu Lukaku tells Chelsea he wants to leave
Belgium striker has told the club that sent him out on loan to West Brom and Everton that he no longer sees his future at Stamford Bridge and is looking for a transfer
lukaku_2934379b.jpg

Time to go: Romelu Lukaku feels it is time to leave Chelsea Photo: AFP/GETTY IMAGES

By Matt Law, Football News Correspondent

10:30PM BST 06 Jun 2014

comments.gif
49 Comments

Romelu Lukaku has told Chelsea that he wants to quit Stamford Bridge this summer.

Chelsea want to complete the £32 million signing of Diego Costa before the World Cup starts and are also interested in Ezequiel Lavezzi, Mario Mandzukic and Didier Drogba.

Atlético Madrid want £25 million-rated Lukaku to replace Costa, while Juventus, Tottenham and Everton are all interested in the Belgium striker.

Lukaku is currently with the Belgium squad preparing for the World Cup, but has told Chelsea he wants a transfer.

“You know Chelsea, every year they buy a new top striker,” said Lukaku. “I remember me coming into the dressing room last year and seeing Samuel Eto’o and Demba Ba and going, ‘Whoah! What’s happening here?’

“But no problem. Many clubs are interested in me. At this stage, I have to look to myself. I have to play a good World Cup. That’s very interesting for all the players looking for a transfer. And I must be one of them. Chelsea know my point of view.”

Other than revamping their attack, Chelsea have also opened negotiations to try to sign Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona for £30 million.

So having just skimmed through the last 5 pages or so to get up to date on the gossip, I see our biggest talking point at the moment is Robert Green, for fuck sake!!
:paulinhofacepalm:

Romelu Lukaku tells Chelsea he wants to leave
Belgium striker has told the club that sent him out on loan to West Brom and Everton that he no longer sees his future at Stamford Bridge and is looking for a transfer
lukaku_2934379b.jpg

Time to go: Romelu Lukaku feels it is time to leave Chelsea Photo: AFP/GETTY IMAGES

By Matt Law, Football News Correspondent

10:30PM BST 06 Jun 2014

comments.gif
49 Comments

Romelu Lukaku has told Chelsea that he wants to quit Stamford Bridge this summer.

Chelsea want to complete the £32 million signing of Diego Costa before the World Cup starts and are also interested in Ezequiel Lavezzi, Mario Mandzukic and Didier Drogba.

Atlético Madrid want £25 million-rated Lukaku to replace Costa, while Juventus, Tottenham and Everton are all interested in the Belgium striker.

Lukaku is currently with the Belgium squad preparing for the World Cup, but has told Chelsea he wants a transfer.

Other than revamping their attack, Chelsea have also opened negotiations to try to sign Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona for £30 million.

If the rumours are true about them wanting Sandro then a deal could happen but otherwise I just don't see why we'd do business with each other.

Lukaku would be great. And i read somewhere that we are linked with lallana. Hope so. Proven PREMIERSHIP quality, thats what i want. Not proven serie A nonsense or even la liga. Ready made super signings to take this club ON

Read Rio is holding out for a move to us this summer, could be a decent.signing on a free :levyeyes:

If the rumours are true about them wanting Sandro then a deal could happen but otherwise I just don't see why we'd do business with each other.

I think that link was entirely fabricated by a newspaper that has linked us with a spread of absurd prospects already this window. I honestly believe Sandro wouldn't even go there if given the opportunity, and he's one of very few players I would credit that vote of loyalty to.

The Mata situation gives some hope we may be able to convince them to let us have Lukaku, but I'm still not sure. I think they'd be much more inclined to sell to Everton, and that they may just open up the coffers this time (especially as it'd also be an investment in keeping Martinez).

Spurs news on twitter suggesting that we're linked to a guy called alberto bueno or something from rayo vellecano..aged 26

lol, we need a 'good' defender, so it's like Baldini typed in "bueno defenso" into google and found him.

(I know Baldini isn't spanish, but I had to make the joke work, okay?

I think that link was entirely fabricated by a newspaper that has linked us with a spread of absurd prospects already this window. I honestly believe Sandro wouldn't even go there if given the opportunity, and he's one of very few players I would credit that vote of loyalty to.

The Mata situation gives some hope we may be able to convince them to let us have Lukaku, but I'm still not sure. I think they'd be much more inclined to sell to Everton, and that they may just open up the coffers this time (especially as it'd also be an investment in keeping Martinez).
I think if we make a public offer and Lukaku publicly states he is interested, they will find it very hard to stop him. Player power is massive now, and he is making it clear his future lies away from The Bridge. They might have to accept our offer if no one else matches our price.

Also, I don't see him wanting to leave the Premier League.

Un-less DL has things already in place with certain players and looking to tie certain transfers up within the next few days (un-likely) then I can't see us being that serious about looking to sign the likes of Lallana, Lukaku etc or
any World Cup bound player. Purely because DL will not be prepared to pay the potential inflated World Cup price tag.

I think if we make a public offer and Lukaku publicly states he is interested, they will find it very hard to stop him. Player power is massive now, and he is making it clear his future lies away from The Bridge. They might have to accept our offer if no one else matches our price.

Also, I don't see him wanting to leave the Premier League.

Yeah and especially not for Athletico given how prominent the amount of racism there has been in the news of late. I wonder if he'd be willing to choose us over Everton. Exciting, new project with higher chance of getting him into the CL, or loyalty? Before anyone gives the spiel about how these guys always go for the money and CL, it's not like our chances are that much greater than Everton's anyway, so the loyalty factor may overcome his view of the disparity in chances. He did some rather happy there.

At the end of the day though, we could certainly outbid them and Chelsea might entirely price them out of the running altogether. I suppose it all hinges then on how badly Poch actually wants him vs other targets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom