Summer 2014 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Un-less DL has things already in place with certain players and looking to tie certain transfers up within the next few days (un-likely) then I can't see us being that serious about looking to sign the likes of Lallana, Lukaku etc or
any World Cup bound player. Purely because DL will not be prepared to pay the potential inflated World Cup price tag.

I think we genuinely have no interest in Lallana at the price he's been cited at. Our ITK has suggested the only Saints' players we're interested in are Lovren and Rodriguez, and the latter only if he's very cheap. Multiple Saints ITK'ers have also said we've expressed no interest in him, so I'm inclined to believe it's likely true.

I think he's a good player and I'd have loved for us to have found a way, but I have to agree with many that at 25 mil alone that's overpriced and especially since they're holding out for yet more.

I wouldn't worry about us going after Ince, even if he is free. The last thing we need is another left-footed winger, and especially a traditional one given we already have Townsend and Poch usually prefers to use inverted wingers anyway.

Romelu Lukaku tells Chelsea he wants to leave
Belgium striker has told the club that sent him out on loan to West Brom and Everton that he no longer sees his future at Stamford Bridge and is looking for a transfer
lukaku_2934379b.jpg

Time to go: Romelu Lukaku feels it is time to leave Chelsea Photo: AFP/GETTY IMAGES

By Matt Law, Football News Correspondent

10:30PM BST 06 Jun 2014

comments.gif
49 Comments

Romelu Lukaku has told Chelsea that he wants to quit Stamford Bridge this summer.

Chelsea want to complete the £32 million signing of Diego Costa before the World Cup starts and are also interested in Ezequiel Lavezzi, Mario Mandzukic and Didier Drogba.

Atlético Madrid want £25 million-rated Lukaku to replace Costa, while Juventus, Tottenham and Everton are all interested in the Belgium striker.

Lukaku is currently with the Belgium squad preparing for the World Cup, but has told Chelsea he wants a transfer.

“You know Chelsea, every year they buy a new top striker,” said Lukaku. “I remember me coming into the dressing room last year and seeing Samuel Eto’o and Demba Ba and going, ‘Whoah! What’s happening here?’

“But no problem. Many clubs are interested in me. At this stage, I have to look to myself. I have to play a good World Cup. That’s very interesting for all the players looking for a transfer. And I must be one of them. Chelsea know my point of view.”

Other than revamping their attack, Chelsea have also opened negotiations to try to sign Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona for £30 million.
Soldado out. Lukaku in.

Easy peasy

I wouldn't worry about us going after Ince, even if he is free. The last thing we need is another left-footed winger, and especially a traditional one given we already have Townsend and Poch usually prefers to use inverted wingers anyway.
Well I wouldn't say the last thing we need is a (goal-scoring) Winger. But let's hope Lamela, AT n others can finally step up on that front. A massive outage that cost spurs dearly over the past few years

Well I wouldn't say the last thing we need is a (goal-scoring) Winger. But let's hope Lamela, AT n others can finally step up on that front. A massive outage that cost spurs dearly over the past few years

I agree, but a player that made eight appearances for Palace in three and a half months is not our winger solution.

Nooooo!!!! Pathetic. We need world class not championship class. :( does this club want to push onto the next level or what? Fcuking useless baldini/levy/poch, fcuking idiots
There is sense behind it, we're bringing in youth, selling them for higher money. Repeat, whilst we gain money and build a better squad based on a foundation that will not break the bank. :soldadowatch:

Ince isnt traditional, comes in off of the right flank generally.

Which puts him in direct competition with Townsend and Lamela

Ince needs a decent couple of seasons at a mid table club first. If he and his dad have got any sense anyway. Prob just go for a big money deal though.

Finding out about ince and rio has done it for me. Ive had enough, thats how we'll end up mid table bringing players like that to the club!!
Im going to the ground tomoro with my levy out banner, we have to make a stand! Come on guys!!

Finding out about ince and rio has done it for me. Ive had enough, thats how we'll end up mid table bringing players like that to the club!!
Im going to the ground tomoro with my levy out banner, we have to make a stand! Come on guys!!
Cross the river to Chelsea and stay there :adethumbup:

Ince isnt traditional, comes in off of the right flank generally.

Which puts him in direct competition with Townsend and Lamela

You're right, he did with Blackpool, but it is my understanding he mostly plays from the left which is where he also played at Palace. But we are in agreement overall, the primary point here is he'd be no improvement on what we already have and would in fact be direct competition to two young players with arguably more potential anyway.

You're right, he did with Blackpool, but it is my understanding he mostly plays from the left which is where he also played at Palace. But we are in agreement overall, the primary point here is he'd be no improvement on what we already have and would in fact be direct competition to two young players with arguably more potential anyway.
Plus we'd have to deal with Paul Ince and his fucking ridiculous interviews claiming Tom is the next Cristiano Ronaldo.

Wanker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom