Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamela plays for Argentine Wednesday night, so won't be back in the UK until late Thursday I presume, so he might be left out of this one.

Oh FFS makes a very good point here. Erik's in South America, so I'd have thought that he'd be on the bench at best. It might be that Son plays, but we could see any one of Son, NKoudou, Kane or even Onomah making up the third of our AMs. What about Alli - Kane - Eriksen behind Janssen?

I just hope Kane or Janssen scores. Hopefully both but rather Kane if only one of them. I also hope that if the team is set up with both Kane and Janssen on the pitch they play a two forward system. Kane looks to slow and to unfriendly with the ball right now to be a good number 10 or false 9 or whatever he´s played when Janssen´s been on.

With the Champions league match only a few days after there may be rested players. I think Kane & Janssen will start in one match only although maybe come on from bench. Dembele can play CL match. Wanyama maybe rested for CL match as well. FB's will rotate.

I think we'll see Son back in the starting XI this Saturday. Lamela plays for Argentine Wednesday night, so won't be back in the UK until late Thursday I presume, so he might be left out of this one. Sissoko and N'Kodou will be in the bench I expect along with Jansen and Wimmer.

Vorm
Walker, Toby, Verts, Rose
Dier, VW
Son, Dele, Eriksen
Kane

Subs: Lopez, Wimmer, Trippier, Sissoko, N'Kodou, Lamela, Jansen

Prediction - everyone will talk about how good our bench looks before kick off.
That's probably right.
Son is not travelling to Syria for Korea's WCQ .
However, I think Sissoko may start.
Sissoko is stronger defensively and better for to start this game. It will be a change from the norm with Pochettino but then he hasn't got much choice.

russtic russtic DeeGee

I dont think Sissoko or N'Kodu will start either as Potch likes players to know his system. If he had a clear week with the whole squad before hand then perhaps they would start, but they haven't on this occasion so will probably share the bench.

russtic russtic DeeGee

I dont think Sissoko or N'Kodu will start either as Potch likes players to know his system. If he had a clear week with the whole squad before hand then perhaps they would start, but they haven't on this occasion so will probably share the bench.
I guarantee Sissoko will be starting, curious to see who gets bounced tho

Think sissoko will start just not sure if as cm or am, were short 2 key players for this one so need other to up their game

I just hope Kane or Janssen scores. Hopefully both but rather Kane if only one of them. I also hope that if the team is set up with both Kane and Janssen on the pitch they play a two forward system. Kane looks to slow and to unfriendly with the ball right now to be a good number 10 or false 9 or whatever he´s played when Janssen´s been on.

Don't care who scores as long as we win. Kane will be fine and Janssen looks like he'll be handy for us over the course of a season.

So, it looks like Rose may miss out due to hamstring injury he got when with England.

Fuck off.

So, it looks like Rose may miss out due to hamstring injury he got when with England.

Fuck off.

Figures after the love fest that was going on.

Just goes to show you it's better to be negative when talking about our players. Only good things come from negative talk.

If it gives Lamela a rest (after transatlantic travel two days before) meaning he's raring to go for our opening CL game, so be it.
I don't understand the preoccupation with travel. Transatlantic first class flight - yeah, actually, he's bound to be proper fucked.

Jet lag? The fatigue of travelling? Come on. These cunts should get a grip and get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom