Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With the Rose injury and Lamela being rested....

[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko, Alli, Eriksen, Kane"][/formation]

I do like Davies, he's solid.

But Rose is important to our overall play just due to his strength going forward with how direct he is as well as his pace going forward. We lose something when either him or Walker are missing. Plus, Rose loves Stoke.

So, it looks like Rose may miss out due to hamstring injury he got when with England.

Fuck off.
Ben Davies looked very good for Wales, always calm on the ball and never put a foot wrong. Against Moldova and in a back 3, but even so he is a great guy to have as back up. I wonder how long we can keep him if he doesn't play to be honest.

Play the strongest team available against Stoke and for the champs league .
The bench is stronger and can be more effective this season . Injury issues should
not be so devastating as other seasons.

I am not sure we can drop Kane. He is gaining match fitness and needs a confidence boost. I don't actually think he is tired just needs to get to level he is capable of. It was the same last year when he played in the u21s. Champions league, I know, but he needs to play.

We bought Janssen so we could rotate the strikers and I have not seen enough evidence that they should both start. one should start in each of the next 3 matches with the other coming off the bench if needed.

I am not sure we can drop Kane. He is gaining match fitness and needs a confidence boost. I don't actually think he is tired just needs to get to level he is capable of. It was the same last year when he played in the u21s. Champions league, I know, but he needs to play.
Last year he was actually playing well though, he's not doing that atm. I know this is subjective, but for me he desperately needs a rest. Less games, not more. As for not dropping Kane, it seems pretty pointless to me to play him based on current form. It's better to give him a rest imo.

Last edited:
Don't care who scores as long as we win. Kane will be fine and Janssen looks like he'll be handy for us over the course of a season.
I do care. To be a deadly striker you need confidence. Kane doesn't feel topped up on confidence right now. Since it is the strikers that will score most of the goals during the season if the team shall be successful I feel it's time for them to score and gain confidence to score again and again. That's why I want them to score.

Stoke decent side form last season but fell short of their possible potential . Although bolsted their squad, its possibly a good time to play them, they seem to be having a slow, inconsistent start. For me, these are the games you must win/3 pts if we are to compete at the business end of the season.

If anyone plays deeper out of the two strikers. I'd argue it should probably be Janssen. Saying that, I wouldn't play them both.

Back
Top Bottom