Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Competition : Premier League
Date : Saturday 10th September
Time : 3pm
Venue : Too far from the Train Station

My Line-up : Vorm - Walker/Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose - Dier - Lamela - Dele - Eriksen - Kane - Janssen.
I'd play two strikers for this one, so would unfortunately have to leave Wanyama out(shame as he's been one of our better ones).

Expected Line-up : Vorm - Walker/Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose - Dier - Wanyama - Lamela - Dele - Eriksen - Kane.

Score Prediction : 2 or 3 - 1 win .

The last time we actually looked any good was this fixture last season. Here's hoping it begins to click here.

Though to be honest I just want this game over and done with so we have Dembele back.

Was gonna say the same thing... we really dipped after this fixture last season (which was 4 games from the end as I remember) ...so this one being 4 games in, kinda feels appropriate...

We win. We Push On... we win the league and re-write History!

No pressure Lads!

I normally hate international breaks, but this one is probably perfect timing for us.

Lloris has added time to recover from his hamstring injury, Kane might get some kind of break (especially if we 'exaggerate' some niggle so he doesn't get called up for England), and any new signings we make may have enough time with the squad to make a cameo against Stoke.

Fuck it, perhaps we can send Eriksen on a week's trip to the Himalayas in search of his form.

I normally hate international breaks, but this one is probably perfect timing for us.

Lloris has added time to recover from his hamstring injury, Kane might get some kind of break (especially if we 'exaggerate' some niggle so he doesn't get called up for England), and any new signings we make may have enough time with the squad to make a cameo against Stoke.

Fuck it, perhaps we can send Eriksen on a week's trip to the Himalayas in search of his form.
Christ hopefully Kane won't even be called up. That lad needs a rest, it is getting silly now.

We dismantled Stoke when we played them away last season, but unfortunately it was when our entire team was on form. The way Stoke have started I think we'll still be able to come away from this with 3 points, but it might be tricky.

They absolutely hate Danny Rose, so I imagine he'll be really up for this one.

Stoke away isn't exactly the best place to change things up, but something isn't working and I think that we should play Wanyama & Dele next to each other and let Son get a run out in the midfield (if he hasn't left).

Its difficult to know whats happening with us at the moment? Its not form, we are unbeaten and getting results when playing poorly-isnt that seen as a good thing. We are not playing good football, is that down to other teams knowing our game plan? Liverpool and Everton played the high line, doing what we did to teams last season-. So maybe we are in transition, having to evolve. Having to cope with teams understanding our game and not allowing us space and time. Im not liking Kane being shoehorned into number 10. Its looking as painful as Rooney for England. Kane needs, not rest but the carrot. Kane should be made to earn the right to play there. get some life back into him, that enthusiasm he had trying to get in the first team. He could always stay up front and he and Janssen could always fight for that position.

6 teams unbeaten in the league so far.
City, Man U, Chavs, Everton, Middlesborough and Spurs.
1-0 win.
Toby from a corner/set piece.

This is after the break is it?

Hoping for
________________Lloris________________
Walker__Alderwiereld__Vertongen__Rose
_____________Dier____Dele____________
____Lamela____Isco_______Eriksen
______________Janssen_____________

Kane needs to sit this one, get 30 minutes and score a fuckin goal.

This is after the break is it?

Hoping for
________________Lloris________________
Walker__Alderwiereld__Vertongen__Rose
_____________Dier____Dele____________
____Lamela____Isco_______Eriksen
______________Janssen_____________

Kane needs to sit this one, get 30 minutes and score a fuckin goal.
So you think we're getting two new players then?

Watching City and Chavs, they re playing with lots of energy. Something we had in abundance last season until near the end. Ive always believed that how you finish the season determins how you start the next. We need to shake off the poor finish and move forward. Get the energy levels up. Confidance seems to ge an issue?

Vorm
Walker/Tripper - Toby - Jan - Rose
Wanyama - Winks
Son-Alli-Lamela
Janssen

Winks to add more forward play and movement.
Son in for Eriksen who has been our worst player by some distance.
Janssen for Kane, who looks shattered and massively off form.

This whole "playing Kane at #10" idea isn't even close to being successful.

Vorm
Walker/Tripper - Toby - Jan - Rose
Wanyama - Winks
Son-Alli-Lamela
Janssen

Winks to add more forward play and movement.
Son in for Eriksen who has been our worst player by some distance.
Janssen for Kane, who looks shattered and massively off form.

This whole "playing Kane at #10" idea isn't even close to being successful.

Interesting you have Winks, in pre season he looked our best player, good on the ball, classy, quick. I actually thought Winks more than Onomah, Carter-Vickers or Edwards would be the young kid this season to break out the most, time will tell.

The way I see it, Spurs have been getting relatively respectable results when playing badly (compared to most of last season) against quite decent teams. This is an opportunity to get a very good result, if not the smashing of the away game last season, which in itself could/should be a catalyst to step things up a gear for the rest of the season. In that sense, I see this as a pretty important match.

Lloris has added time to recover from his hamstring injury, Kane might get some kind of break (especially if we 'exaggerate' some niggle so he doesn't get called up for England),
Christ hopefully Kane won't even be called up. That lad needs a rest, it is getting silly now.

Don't worry, Big weStham is itching to dip into the vaults and get Defoe & Andy Carroll (once he's fit!) involved ... Defoe will be a late call-up... you'll see! Wouldn't be surprised if Kevin Nolan got the nod 'n all!

Back
Top Bottom