Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If anyone plays deeper out of the two strikers. I'd argue it should probably be Janssen. Saying that, I wouldn't play them both.

From what i've seen of him Jansen seems much more adept at holding the ball up with his back to goal than Kane. It seems to 'stick' more, this type of skill is vital at the top level. So I'd stick with Kane coming deeper. We need to give Jansen a chance to bed in before making judgements. i'm sure he'll score a hat full.

I agree with people who suggest Lamela should start on the bench. Helluva journey to recover from. Save him for Monaco.

Also gives Moussa an opportunity to show us what 30m gets.

I agree with people who suggest Lamela should start on the bench. Helluva journey to recover from. Save him for Monaco.

Also gives Moussa an opportunity to show us what 30m gets.

Lamela is a key player at this form, but one of him and Eriksen should get a least half a game of R&R against Stoke - too few fans realise just how many games we are playing in 21 days!

Sissoko is made for the Stoke game IMHO.

Dembele still banned right?
This has to be the 1500th version of this question to have been asked on this forum since two weeks before the Everton game. This is the last game of Dembele's suspension. He is eligible to participate in all games after this one unless he gets suspended again.
Vorm(I want the captain for Monaco)
Trippier Toby Vert Davies (I think Rose will be saved and expect full rotation)
Dier Wanyama
Sissoko Alli Eriksen
Janssen (I think this is a game we should try to win without Kane)
Lloris, Wimmer, Walker, Winks, Son, Kane, N'Koudou.
I could be talked into moving Sissoko in to the two and putting Son or N'Koudou in the three behind which might offer a more aggressive lineup.

For me, this is a must win game if we want to keep up.

You can guarantee one-two of Chelsea, City or United will win. Being 6-7 points behind already would be a disaster this early on in the season, as I think they're only going to become better and more consistent.

Lose this and the title is starting to disappear into the distance already.

Takes the piss when we support a team that takes a month or 2 to even get going. Sigh.

You can guarantee one-two of Chelsea, City or United will win. Being 6-7 points behind already would be a disaster this early on in the season, as I think they're only going to become better and more consistent.

Takes the piss when we support a team that takes a month or 2 to even get going. Sigh.

Mate we'll be nowhere near the title this year.

While it's good to aim for it, top four and one of the cups would be an excellent season

City and United playing each other so its a good opportunity to gain some ground back on them.

I've got a feeling Son will start with Sissoko and Lamela being away for internationals midweek. Pace and directness could cause Stoke problems.

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Davies
Wanyama Dier
Son Dele Eriksen
Kane

Vorm Trippier Sissoko Nkoudou Lamela Janssen Onomah.

I see Sissoko being used more in a central role while players like Son, Onomah and N'Koudou will be the back ups for our AM slots. The notion everyone seems to have of him playing as a winger seems absolutely absurd.

Sissoko and Lamela being away for internationals midweek.

I don't think Poch has ever taken a huge notice of internationals etc. Lamela had the Copa America only a week-2 before preseason, yet he was still taken and played.

I'd expect Lamela to start, Sissoko on the bench. I agree that we could see Son in for Alli or Eriksen though.

I see Sissoko being used more in a central role while players like Son, Onomah and N'Koudou will be the back ups for our AM slots. The notion everyone seems to have of him playing as a winger seems absolutely absurd.

This, jesus christ. I don't understand why people suddenly feel he's going to be an AM, when he scored 1 goal all last season.

Seems quite obvious that he's going to be the Dembele back up, making runs forward.

Remember, Poch got asked recently about Dembele and replied, "Tottenham does not exist without him". Joking or not, you think he'd make a claim like that, go out and buy no one? He's clearly trying to bring someone in with the same attributes (Power, pace, ability to run past people and make a decent pass/assist)

So you think Sissoko is a right winger. Ok. Moving on...
Is that what I said?

I said that for France and for Newcastle he played on the right.

I don't select or even support those teams.

That said, I've seen him play on the right a lot more than anywhere else. If he can play in the middle; happy days.

Where is he going to play for us - I've no idea, and its not my job to decide either.

I don't understand the preoccupation with travel. Transatlantic first class flight - yeah, actually, he's bound to be proper fucked.

Jet lag? The fatigue of travelling? Come on. These cunts should get a grip and get on with it.

Yes they are supposed to be athletes FFS!
:angryscouser:

This has to be the 1500th version of this question to have been asked on this forum since two weeks before the Everton game. This is the last game of Dembele's suspension. He is eligible to participate in all games after this one unless he gets suspended again.
Vorm(I want the captain for Monaco)
Trippier Toby Vert Davies (I think Rose will be saved and expect full rotation)
Dier Wanyama
Sissoko Alli Eriksen
Janssen (I think this is a game we should try to win without Kane)
Lloris, Wimmer, Walker, Winks, Son, Kane, N'Koudou.
I could be talked into moving Sissoko in to the two and putting Son or N'Koudou in the three behind which might offer a more aggressive lineup.
Yeah I don't come on often anymore and I'm too lazy to sift through hundreds of pages.

Back
Top Bottom