Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We absolutely need to boss the midfield on this one. There is enough attacking flair in our team too that we don't need two strikers.

Hugo or Vorm
Rose
Walker
Tobs
Jan
Dier
Dele
Wanyama
Eriksen
Lamela
Kane

That line-up will win comfortably.

Away fans will be class.

Decent curry if you want it.

So it looks like they're going to have Bony up top for when we play them and Martins-Indi at the back.

Will be interesting to see whether Poch will make some changes considering some of our players are already going to play one or two matches for their national side and after this match the CL starts. Last year we rotated the full-backs a lot for example. Trippier for Walker for instance?

With Bony leading the line and a very capable supporting cast Stokes attack will look 10x better than without him. Going to have to be very wary, hopefully Wilfried has got even podgier without games at City.

Sissoko paired with Dier in the MF to start? Got to think he came in with an eye on being a Dembele cover and we badly miss pace and directness in the MF right now.

[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Sissoko, Dier, Lamela, Alli, Eriksen, Kane"][/formation]

Surely there is no way you can drop Wanyama, has been our best outfield player in 2/3 games IMO and probably the most consistent.

[formation="4231, Lloris/Vorm, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko, Alli, Lamela, Kane"][/formation]

Just to give Eriksen a bit of a kick up the ass, if Walker isn't fit Dier can slot in at RB, Alli as a CM and Eriksen as the 10.

So good to have selection headaches! I want Janssen in the XI... but I want Dier and Wanyama.. and I don't want either dropped, but do want Dembele to go straight back in! As long as Poch keeps the camp happy and the players know their roles.. we will start to spark into life this game.

Shame about a sodding international break. Couldn't give two shits

If we're going to accommodate Sissoko on the wing. I'd be tempted to drop Alli before dropping Eriksen. Just because I feel off form Eriksen offers more.

Thing is, both were so damn good against Stoke away last year. Then again, we had Dembele and he done really well against Imbula

Surely there is no way you can drop Wanyama, has been our best outfield player in 2/3 games IMO and probably the most consistent.

[formation="4231, Lloris/Vorm, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Sissoko, Alli, Lamela, Kane"][/formation]

Just to give Eriksen a bit of a kick up the ass, if Walker isn't fit Dier can slot in at RB, Alli as a CM and Eriksen as the 10.
Would probably drop Dele before Eriksen. Other than that, I think this is the line up assuming everyone is fit.

I like both Wanyama and Dier, but I think it's pretty clear we can't play them together. Just too static.

I think one of Sissoko or Dembele is nailed on to start every match now next to one of the DM's.

If we're going to accommodate Sissoko on the wing. I'd be tempted to drop Alli before dropping Eriksen. Just because I feel off form Eriksen offers more.

Thing is, both were so damn good against Stoke away last year. Then again, we had Dembele and he done really well against Imbula
I didn't see the game last night but by all accounts Dembele was shite and way, way off the pace.

[formation="4231, Vorm, Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies/Rose, Sissoko, Wanyama, Son, Onomah/Winks, Alli, Janssen"][/formation]

Since we play in CL the next game we need to rotate a bit. We may struggle with 3 behind striker, but if we win the first CL game then all will be forgiven.

Sissoko will play out wide in the front 3

He's not a holding mid

He's not an attacking mid either. He started as a purely defensive mid at Toulouse but moved a bit forward to shoehorn Capoue in to that team. since then he's done his best work on the right side of a 3 man flat midfield in a 4-3-3 (ala where he plays for France).

In our team, he's going to likely play mostly in the Dembele role as a high energy box-to-box type player, moving the attack forward with driving runs and dribbling. He's actually quite a similar player to Dembele stylistically.

Back
Top Bottom