Southampton (A) - 28th Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I fully expect Stoke to roll over like horny kittens.

Liverpool are this seasons Leicester, everyone wants them to do well.

Also, not everyone likes Liverpool. Perhaps not from our viewpoint, but the fellows from the north deem Chelsea winning the league as a lesser evil. Even after factoring in the hipster's man-crush on Klopp.

Most people dislike Woolwich, if at least for the entertaining meltdowns on AFTV whenever Woolwich loses.

Playing last is not ideal, but if we win, then it really frustrates our rivals as they will all be watching and hoping that we lose. If we get all three points then that hard work they put in winning will have gained them nothing.

We play decent opposition, away from home. But we are better than Southampton. We should take all three points and put the pressure back on our rivals.

Bottle time. Last season whenever we had a chance to go top or our rivals fucked up then we seemed to fuck up, as a team we still are bottlers until we show we are not, you only have to look at the CL performance to see that. Before I left for Christmas holidays I was having a conversation with a United fan and he laugh at both us and Woolwich constantly bottling the important games, he reckoned it was something in the water round here causing it.

For me handling pressure is the area that will take Poch longest to solve. Tomorrow is another pressure game, all of our rivals win, last week Woolwich bottled it when the same happened, time to show for once we have balls when it matters. Tomorrow is a proper test of our mentality, we drop points and we might as well look to the FA cup and Europa as the title will be well gone and a cup to me and I hope to you all is better than top 4 trophy. Let's not be Woolwich, let's fight tomorrow and win and not fall into Spursy.

COYS

Bottle time. Last season whenever we had a chance to go top or our rivals fucked up then we seemed to fuck up, as a team we still are bottlers until we show we are not, you only have to look at the CL performance to see that. Before I left for Christmas holidays I was having a conversation with a United fan and he laugh at both us and Woolwich constantly bottling the important games, he reckoned it was something in the water round here causing it.

For me handling pressure is the area that will take Poch longest to solve. Tomorrow is another pressure game, all of our rivals win, last week Woolwich bottled it when the same happened, time to show for once we have balls when it matters. Tomorrow is a proper test of our mentality, we drop points and we might as well look to the FA cup and Europa as the title will be well gone and a cup to me and I hope to you all is better than top 4 trophy. Let's not be Woolwich, let's fight tomorrow and win and not fall into Spursy.

COYS
Sorry mate that is total rubbish. We won every single game we were expected to bottle last year, that's what put us in the race in the first place. The only team that had the label of "bottlers" was Woolwich. It hurt them so much that whenever we dropped a point they would all try to put that label on us. Looks like they succeeded.

Drives me fucking nuts to hear that used against a side that was the only remaining team left to carry the fight.

Sorry mate that is total rubbish. We won every single game we were expected to bottle last year, that's what put us in the race in the first place. The only team that had the label of "bottlers" was Woolwich. It hurt them so much that whenever we dropped a point they would all try to put that label on us. Looks like they succeeded.

Drives me fucking nuts to hear that used against a side that was the only remaining team left to carry the fight.

I am not saying we bottled the title last season, I am saying when important games came up where we could have done something we fell short, we fell short in the CL as well this season, it's a young team and maybe to be expected. Even Poch admitted our mentality is what we need to improve on, we don't and we get trapped in the Woolwich cycle.

We should have come second last season easily and let those barstards down the road snatch it, we should have come above Woolwich easily during Redknapp's reign as well at least once. That is a core mentality thing, I want this to be a game where we show when the pressure is on we can respond. I don't want us to be a white Woolwich. We even have the likes of Paddy Power making jokes about Spursy along side Woolwich collapsing, I want this to end. We have ballsy players like Rose, I want that to run throughout the team.

Other fans even expect us to collapse at some point and again that is not the title thing last season, just in general. Tomorrow is a great opportunity to show we ain't going to do that.

Last edited:
I am not saying we bottled the title last season, I am saying when important games came up where we could have done something we fell short, we fell short in the CL as well this season, it's a young team and maybe to be expected. Even Poch admitted our mentality is what we need to improve on, we don't and we get trapped in the Woolwich cycle.

We should have come second last season easily and let those barstards down the road snatch it, we should have come above Woolwich easily during Redknapp's reign as well at least once. That is a core mentality thing, I want this to be a game where we show when the pressure is on we can respond. I don't want us to be a white Woolwich. We even have the likes of Paddy Power making jokes about Spursy along side Woolwich collapsing, I want this to end.
But you are accepting it, believing it. What the fuck PaddyPower have to do with anything? (Amazes me why people place bets with a company that trolls their team, from what I see they do it to all teams). The only way it will end is to win the league by going unbeaten, if you actually think that will happen then bottlers we must be, which of cause is nonsense.

I am so nervous for this one.

We are still Spursy to me. There were parts of last season where we were getting handed games after everyone else and we were knocking them out the park, we smashed Man Utd, Stoke etc. but then the back end of last season with the West Brom draw at home followed by the Chelsea capitulation and then losing to Southampton and Newcastle just proved to me it's still there.

We haven't really been put in that situation this season, I suppose the past week against Hull and Burnley could have been considered a test as usually we may have fucked one of those up (especially with Woolwich losing two games in a row) and when we went 1-0 down to Burnley, the end result could have been a lot worse.

A win tomorrow will shut a lot of people up.

But you are accepting it, believing it. What the fuck PaddyPower have to do with anything? (Amazes me why people place bets with a company that trolls their team, from what I see they do it to all teams). The only way it will end is to win the league by going unbeaten, if you actually think that will happen then bottlers we must be, which of cause is nonsense.

Again this is not the league, last season we should have got second for example, that still fucks me off. We ain't strong enough to win the league but this is a team good enough to win a trophy, a team good enough to surprise but it's games like these when in this case every rival has won we are expected to drop the ball and it's a good opportunity to show we are becoming different.

Again this is not the league, last season we should have got second for example, that still fucks me off. We ain't strong enough to win the league but this is a team good enough to win a trophy, a team good enough to surprise but it's games like these when in this case every rival has won we are expected to drop the ball and it's a good opportunity to show we are becoming different.
The mentality of this team is the strongest since the sides of the early 80's. You seem to be confusing "good enough" and mentality.

The mentality of this team is the strongest since the sides of the early 80's. You seem to be confusing "good enough" and mentality.

I think Totti's post covers it, we should have finished second, even Poch was angry with the collapse. That's what I hope changes this season, if we are only on for 4th or 5th then fine but we get 4th or 5th.

I do actually think we are good enough for top 4 definitely and with one or two extra top players a genuine title challenge.

Anyway I feel my point stands, tomorrow is a chance to show as a team after every rival has won that we are battle hardened and won fall away.

I think Totti's post covers it, we should have finished second, even Poch was angry with the collapse. That's what I hope changes this season, if we are only on for 4th or 5th then fine but we get 4th or 5th.

I do actually think we are good enough for top 4 definitely and with one or two extra top players a genuine title challenge.

Anyway I feel my point stands, tomorrow is a chance to show as a team after every rival has won that we are battle hardened and won fall away.
Challenging for a title seems to be treated as a negative rather than a positive, you have to admit that sounds a bit odd, no? Especially as it's the first time in two generations.

Challenging for a title seems to be treated as a negative rather than a positive, you have to admit that sounds a bit odd, no? Especially as it's the first time in two generations.

I think with the best defence it can be done by us, we have good players, I think we lack a special player a De Bryune or someone.

It does sound odd as a Spurs fan to be challenging but that's because as a club we have had very average managers for so long, Poch is what happens when you get someone with a plan, he's great.

It's frustrating, we ain't much off
Chelsea despite their money advantage, I just feel more experience and that bit extra quality and we could do it and win the title.

For me we win tomorrow it would be a strong statement, again we won't win the title but as a team we have got to love pressure.

If this season we are sitting in 5th place and Woolwich drop points at the end and we pip them to 4th as they fall away I think it would show everyone the team we have become.

I think that this will be a tough and close one for the first 60 minutes, we will get the go ahead goal, and will finish them off nicely 3-1.

Why are you creating pressure when it is not there. Pressure is saying it is a must win match, we will go top 4 etc. But what ever the outcome tomorrow we will be 5th. No pressure and let's just go out and win. This will happen if we can put away an early chance as we now have the first team back 5 playing.
Now pressure will be, that if we lose at home to Chelsea next week and go further behind top place.

Back
Top Bottom