Southampton (A) - 28th Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd like to see us really jump on them like we did against City, especially off 10 days rest. May be harder to do on the road, though.

An important game in the context of the 4 teams above us and Man united. They all have winneable games and play before

Ignoring the temptation to get drawn into one of Mindblown's poor efforts at trolling, I'm going for 2-0. Son with both-for us. Sissoko providing both assists.

:dembelefingers:

That'll be one hell of a quickfire start, 'cos apparently, Sissoko gets sent off in the 2nd minute!
:sonlol:

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Wanyama - Winks
Sissoko - Eriksen - Son
Kane
0-1
Kane penalty.

This game will be broadcasted on Australian TV, which is awesome seeing it has been a pain in the ass watching most games due to the rights being bought out by a phone network.

I am expecting a tough match, could see it going either way and would be a really big statement if we can do what we did last year.

I think we'll win this 1 nil.

They are not a bad team Southampton, but our defense is solid and our attack seems to have got its act together lately. I think the break will really mean that we are well prepared and rested for this game. I don't think we will blow them away or anything, I think it will be a business like transaction where we simple get the job done and take the three points.

I wanna see Dier as a DM again. With Winks, Wanyama can be rested.

Sissoko has earned another start, Eriksen is on a roll. So THE question is Son or Dele. Hm. Son is totally useless att passing and first touch. But he has guts and always challenge the opposition. Dele is a bit out of form but scored in the last game. Well, a goal is a goal. Dele starts.

Lloris
Walker-Alderwiereld-Vertongen-Rose
Dier-Winks
Sissoko-Eriksen-Dele
Kane

Last edited:
Fitness permitting I would go:

Lloris
Trippier-Toby-Jan-Rose
Dier-Dembele
Son-Alli-Eriksen
Kane

With Walker, Davies, Winks, Wanyama & Sissoko coming in for Trippier, Rose, Dier, Dembele & Alli against Watford.

Given how important our FB's are I think getting back in to rotating them every now and then is key (obv last year we did it a lot).

I also think Dier compliments Dembele more than Wanyama and I also have this vision of Victor getting sent off at St Mary's if there's a raucous atmosphere against him.

Back
Top Bottom