Southampton (A) - 28th Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some pessimism is healthy, I totally get that.

Look on the bright side though - there could be some opposition fan forums talking about us, saying:

"Fucking hell, Spurs are right up our arses and haven't even played well this season. I hope they don't wake up anytime soon."
Other teams fans don't watch us enough to know we aren't playing well, they'll think we are just bad because Chelsea, Woolwich and City fans etc just comment on things they don't know anything about.

0-3: Eriksen, Kane, Toby!
I have foreseen this
giphy.gif

p>

Still hoping that Stoke will do Liverpool.

Don't really care about Chelsea winning the league, but United's breath is upon our necks now. That is a clear and present danger to out top 4 ambitions.

To excel in the CL, you have to have experience. To have experience, you have to qualify and participate in it regularly. This also helps to attract the better players to sign for us.

Some pessimism is healthy, I totally get that.

Look on the bright side though - there could be some opposition fan forums talking about us, saying:

"Fucking hell, Spurs are right up our arses and haven't even played well this season. I hope they don't wake up anytime soon."
Exactly, we have to improve and hit form. If we do we can challenge for top 4.
Yet unlike last year there are three more teams in the mix in Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea. Two really as one has replaced LCFC.

Exactly, we have to improve and hit form. If we do we can challenge for top 4.
Yet unlike last year there are three more teams in the mix in Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea. Two really as one has replaced LCFC.
Quite. Chelsea are currently in the best form they'll have all season, and we're only just getting out of our worst form (unfortunately the same could be said for Man U).
As for Woowich, Liverpool, and City - we're hardly far behind.

Having Alderweireld and Kane on the pitch at the same time consistently will certainly help!

We will see tomorrow if all the talk about us still being in the title race from the staff and the players has any meaning. A win tomorrow and all looks good. Draw or loss, we must aim for less.
I don't believe poch genuinely expects us to be title challengers this season.
I think he would take top 4.

If this weeks results doesn't light a spark under our players tomorrow then nothing will. Literally every single team around us has won. A draw isn't good enough, a loss is disastrous but a win keeps people talking and the confidence flowing.

Watford are a shambles at the moment so we could go into that fixture ready to take a place in the top four as we play before Woolwich and you just know Big Sam isn't going to make it easy for them. We then go into the new year potentially in the top four and up against Chelsea for our FIRST game at The Lane in the new year.

Back
Top Bottom