Pedro Porro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any truth in the City rumours?

He was a city player before. They treated him like shit. They had a buyback clause at Sporting too and chose not to use it. Pep said he thought Porro was good for 5 atb and they don’t play that system. Peps never really shown any interest in Porro at all.

Then there is the small matter of agreeing a price with Levy. City really hate dealing with Levy. He hates dealing with them.

He was a city player before. They treated him like shit. They had a buyback clause at Sporting too and chose not to use it. Pep said he thought Porro was good for 5 atb and they don’t play that system. Peps never really shown any interest in Porro at all.

Then there is the small matter of agreeing a price with Levy. City really hate dealing with Levy. He hates dealing with them.
Based on the quotes in the linked article - would be surprised if Porro has any interest in going back to City and playing for Pep. He doesn’t come out and directly say he felt mistreated by City/Pep but reading between the lines.

Last edited:
Idiot “journalists “ writing articles thst we are looking for £52 million!
Now levy maybe lots of things but no way is he selling him for 52 after paying 45. Offer 102 and he might listen!!

We sold walker to city for 50 some 6 years ago now I think. Porro is certainly on par with that Walker, if not better. With inflation, even if we'd entertain a sale, it would cost city 150 million pounds and admitting to all their ffp charges just to get levy to listen.

Any truth in the City rumours?
Not unless they are prepared to pay upwards of £100 million.
The good thing is Porro was at city before and said Pep probably didn’t even know who he was, can’t see him wanting to go back there plus Ange is building something special , I really can’t see any players wanting to leave at the minute and had Kane stayed I think he would be signing an extension.

Not unless they are prepared to pay upwards of £100 million.
The good thing is Porro was at city before and said Pep probably didn’t even know who he was, can’t see him wanting to go back there plus Ange is building something special , I really can’t see any players wanting to leave at the minute and had Kane stayed I think he would be signing an extension.
...had Kane stayed, we'd have wrapped up the Title by now!

Shame he couldn't have given it HALF a season at least... Just to see...!

Yeah I agree , however I’m not ashamed to admit I thought at the time selling him was the best thing , I saw this season as a transition one and thought it’s best to sell him now then him walking free in the summer.

I remember Clough taking over at Forest and asking who that fat useless winger was.
Bloody hell what a genius Clough was, esp when with Taylor.

It's true, he was overweight, really not very quick. Oh, and just for good measure he was a smoker too. But full backs just couldn't stop those crosses coming in.

Then there was Kenny Burns. A pretty average striker at Brum City, he buys him cheap (very bad disciplinary record) and sticks him in at central defence. Had he every played there before? Got POTY and a load of international caps. Insane!!

Idiot “journalists “ writing articles thst we are looking for £52 million!
Now levy maybe lots of things but no way is he selling him for 52 after paying 45. Offer 102 and he might listen!!
We got slightly underpaid for Walker too (as fees were rising fast). He was older too, we were poorer and we had Trippier and Walker-Peters. Porro would be 80 million plus with four years on his contract. Not going to be a good look for City with a financial fraud trial ongoing.

We’re going to have to get used to these types of stories. A lot of our players are going to be linked with moves to “bigger” clubs.

Regular CL football and maybe a trophy or two will stop that

Poch years over again.

maybe if some one goes to munich with boombox in front his window
he will come back this month
tenor.gif

We’re going to have to get used to these types of stories. A lot of our players are going to be linked with moves to “bigger” clubs.

Regular CL football and maybe a trophy or two will stop that

Poch years over again.
Since Bale, though, we haven't sold any of our star players. So let them write what they want.

That being said, however, we shouldn't be averse to selling some of our better players. As long as our scouting remains at current levels, we should be able to find good replacements and keep the squad fresh in the process.

Since Bale, though, we haven't sold any of our star players. So let them write what they want.

That being said, however, we shouldn't be averse to selling some of our better players. As long as our scouting remains at current levels, we should be able to find good replacements and keep the squad fresh in the process.

*Kane

Of course. What I meant to say was that before Kane you have to go back 10 years to find another case where we sold a star player (OK, maybe 7, if you also count Walker). But in Kane's case (and you cold lump in Eriksen, too) it wasn't really another team coming in for him and unsettling him, as was the case with Bale. When City did try to get him we stood firm. We only sold him and Eriksen when we saw they would not renew their contracts. And the original comment was about teams coming in for our players, not players running down their contracts.

Back
Top Bottom