Pedro Porro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whenever I think back to the days when Sherwood was in charge I get a sickly feeling in my stomach.
It’s even worse when you recall the games where he was actually fluking results, and the rumours that he may get the job full time just wouldn’t go away.
Dark dark days at the club.

Porro is an elite player and has been one of, if not the best RB in the league this year.

I really hope someone has sat him down and explained exactly who Dimothy Sherwood is, and why the opinion of a blind hippo would hold more weight than his.

Whenever I think back to the days when Sherwood was in charge I get a sickly feeling in my stomach.
It’s even worse when you recall the games where he was actually fluking results, and the rumours that he may get the job full time just wouldn’t go away.
Dark dark days at the club.

Porro is an elite player and has been one of, if not the best RB in the league this year.

I really hope someone has sat him down and explained exactly who Dimothy Sherwood is, and why the opinion of a blind hippo would hold more weight than his.
It's interesting - I see the Timmy time as directly parallel to the end of last season with the Conte/Stellini/Mason roundabout (and I don't say that with any malice towards Mason). A genuine oh-fuck-things-can't-get-worse-than-this moment.

Sherwood was followed by Poch, who obviously turned our fortunes around. Likewise, we've had Postecoglou come in to completely revive this club since the summer (a shout out, too, to smart player acquisitions which goes beyond simply Ange). All I can say is that the latter has happened way way way more quickly than I'd ever expected, especially with the inevitable Kane departure happening.

Linda Karen GIF

Sherwood phones Spurs hotline.

Was just gonna post this.

Peak Conte-era, it got to the point where I could count on one hand the amount of our players I really enjoyed watching/having around. We played like a group of scared, confused, beaten-down circus animals.

Now, I swear, I feel like a kid again.

Our mentality is clear. The debacle against the Chavs was such a clear injustice, that it became something to rally around. That high defensive-line with 9-men at 1-1, going for the three points.

I even find myself getting annoyed seeing our most-annoying player, (and my favorite punching-bag, when he was the first name on Conte's team-sheet), P.J. Cløgbjerg, taking friendly fire.

I remember Clough taking over at Forest and asking who that fat useless winger was.
His name was John Robertson.
The best managers see a failing player and know how good he is. The best bit about Porro is that he has become totally Spurs.
Whisper it quietly, but we might be building a better back line than Poch.

I remember Clough taking over at Forest and asking who that fat useless winger was.
His name was John Robertson.
The best managers see a failing player and know how good he is. The best bit about Porro is that he has become totally Spurs.
Whisper it quietly, but we might be building a better back line than Poch.
Is there a Spurs fan alive who would disagree with our best back 4 + GK?
I don't even have to name them.

Is there a Spurs fan alive who would disagree with our best back 4 + GK?
I don't even have to name them.
I will give it a go on PL years alone …
Prime Vic edges prime Hugo. Distribution is better.
LB- Udogie - he will be a world beater very soon. Loved Rose until his tantrum but Destiny is magnificent.
RB- Walker. Love Porro and his delivery is sensational but peak Walker was pure seek and destroy. We lost a huge player when we sold him to city when we did and gave them an even bigger advantage. Unavoidable, but a bad day when he left.
LCB- Jan. well… just because he was fucking superb.
RCB- Romero. Will get cards, suspensions and injuries. Will let us down at times but I think he’s up there with the best in the world.

Toby was amazing for us in the peak years but Romero by a country mile on ability and potential.

I will give it a go on PL years alone …
Prime Vic edges prime Hugo. Distribution is better.
LB- Udogie - he will be a world beater very soon. Loved Rose until his tantrum but Destiny is magnificent.
RB- Walker. Love Porro and his delivery is sensational but peak Walker was pure seek and destroy. We lost a huge player when we sold him to city when we did and gave them an even bigger advantage. Unavoidable, but a bad day when he left.
LCB- Jan. well… just because he was fucking superb.
RCB- Romero. Will get cards, suspensions and injuries. Will let us down at times but I think he’s up there with the best in the world.

Toby was amazing for us in the peak years but Romero by a country mile on ability and potential.
Good stuff. 👍

Agree on all except for Vic vs. Hugo.

Side note: I actually think that Kyle Walker was under-rated and was a generational-defender, and I give him as much credit (as any other single player -- including KDB: another generational-midfielder/player) for their recent success.

Love, love, love Big Vic. He has the potential (and the time) to help us achieve something special, but I recall Hugo being a brave sweeper-keeper that influenced the way the position was played in the league. Plus being club captain all those years and his World Cup 🏆.

It's been an incredible six-months for Big Vic at Spurs and long may it continue.

Back
Top Bottom